Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just so relieved. I followed this case closely at first but really lost hope when it was taking so long for any action. Maybe a witness or accomplice (willing or unwilling) finally spoke to LE. Sometimes that's what you need. I am a defense attorney but I think some prosecutors are too skittish about trying difficult cases. I'm glad this one will go ahead and am looking forward to following it.
Probably all of the above PLUS a new DA was elected.

Suzanne put $500,000 into it, money that should be going to her daughters. It's sickening to think that he's going to have megabucks for a defense fund. I recently inherited more than that amount of money, and I made it very clear to my husband that the money is being put in a trust for our children, so he has no incentive to do anything to me. I'm only halfway kidding. This case taught me that an inheritance should never become comingled with community property or funds. It was really breathtaking how quickly he did what is usually difficult and time consuming to do--basically he became her guardian since she was incapacitated, I did, and within a few months, he was able to completely liquidate all of her assets.
Hopefully, Suzanne’s family gets a good lawyer and stops him from using the $500,000 for a defense lawyer. I am also dealing an inheritance, thankfully a lawyer is handling everything.

I too wonder about MassGuy & GordianKnot - from what I can tell they are no longer members??

& - the daughters: knowing how abusive people work: they have been abused just as SM - they are barely more than kids....

One thing the abuser does is create a world, a life, an image that is your dream come true....& you are hooked & even when the mask slips: you don't want to see it, you want the illusion back: you create denial within yourself because it's too difficult to see what has been happening the entire time....

That is the case with adults: imagine with them, just past being children, & it's their dad?!

I sure hope they have the support they will need........the fictional world BM created for them is all torn down

IMO

Interesting that at the bottom of this is says that police believe SM was killed on the 10th. I know we all spent many a thread speculating on the timing. That would make some of the "weird" stuff that allegedly happened on the 9th (the work at the new construction site, the strange FB friend requests, the last minute scheduling of the job in Denver, etc.) potentially part of premeditation rather than part of a cover up of a crime. JMO, MOO.
LE has been consistent with May 10th from the beginning. It's the date she was reported last seen alive by BM, and the date she was reported missing. The facts surrounding SM's death may prove otherwise but I believe the charging docs always follow the police investigation report. MOO

This is great news -- tempered, of course, by what it means for her daughters and family. So very sad for them, but well done LE and all those who helped keep this in the news and pressure on for a solution.

And BM owes the mountain lion he so persistently and cynically defamed a very big apology. That lie, it will turn out (IMO) was like all his others -- poorly thought-out, weakness argued, stinking of desperation and nonetheless doubled down on.

True, but I think they have evidence that we don't know about yet. I doubt they have a KK type witness but I definitely think they have more than we know about or they wouldn't be going for 1st degree.
I think there could be a witness. Iirc early on there was a female that worked for him,and some thought she could be a side chic. Idk if she is or not. But maybe she knows enough to put things together. MOO

Right here with you in the U.K., I’ll stay up all night if I have to! Thank goodness for working from home!
Should be around 9pm our time U.K.
I think it is 10pm. 7 hours difference between U.K and Denver.
I was just going off what the poster put - it was 525pm our time when she said it was 1125 am her time and the presser is 3.5 hours away so I just added 3.5 hours to 525pm
That’s how I got 9pm but I will stand corrected. I think there’s different time zones - eastern and western etc that comes in to play . I just don’t want to miss it x

I too wonder about MassGuy & GordianKnot - from what I can tell they are no longer members??

& - the daughters: knowing how abusive people work: they have been abused just as SM - they are barely more than kids....

One thing the abuser does is create a world, a life, an image that is your dream come true....& you are hooked & even when the mask slips: you don't want to see it, you want the illusion back: you create denial within yourself because it's too difficult to see what has been happening the entire time....

That is the case with adults: imagine with them, just past being children, & it's their dad?!

I sure hope they have the support they will need........the fictional world BM created for them is all torn down

IMO

That's such a good description of how people get trapped by a narcissist.

Something like the sunk cost fallacy trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members