CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauig’ma

Mauig’ma Well-Known Member

It takes an awful big person to respond with such grace . Love wins over hate. She proves it imo

2. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

Didn’t Barry help purchase housing for his mom?

3. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

Connecticut needs the same law and it should include conspirators. (Thinking of Jennifer Dulos, who disappeared May 24, 2019 and whose remains have yet to be found.)

ETA: the part about conspirators.

4. Jacquie1

Jacquie1 Well-Known Member

Just a little insight regarding the PPP loans.
    In order for the loans to be fully forgiven, all paperwork proof of retaining said employees and adherence to the rules must be submitted prior to loan forgiveness. One of the stipulations is that no one can be paid in access of 100K yearly out of PPP monies.
    Even if the loan is not “forgiven” it’s still a loan at 1% interest rate, so still a bargain.

5. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

Brainstorming a bit here ....
    What do you all think that LE have on Barry to arrest him with such serious charges ?
    First degree and with deliberation, aka premeditation ???

Feel free to respond, Tia.

Here are some theories :

---BM texted the wrong person or said the wrong thing as in : "I'm free/single/widowed now."
    Sounds waaay out there; but I remember Scott Peterson saying he was single or widowed to his mistress, while Lacy was still 'missing'.

---BM taking too many suspicious photos of a certain location out in the wilderness ?

---BM said the wrong thing to someone and they went to LE with it ? Not a confession but some sort of admission ? (i.e., "Listen. It was a mistake and I panicked.", etc.)

---BM 's already known actions ?
    Although this one I question.
    Because as much as we know already, it doesn't seem like enough proof to charge w/1st degree.

---Graphic:
    Evidence found and tested during a search warrant, and it now came back positive for dna or decomp ?
    However if that were the case, I'd expect the arrest to have come sooner.

---BM's neighbors or someone at the hotel had CC footage that was damning ?
    Again in that case we should have seen an arrest a bit earlier.

I know if and when the charging docs are released, we'll know more.
    Still so thankful it has happened.
    I think no matter what --- BM is going down !

Imo.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  6. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

7. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

You know a whole lot more than I about these matters, but I believe today’s hearing was changed at the last minute from “virtual “ to “ in person”. The order on page 4 item 7 says that the one outlet allowed a camera is responsible for distribution to the media pool. That sounds like they are allowed and expected to share with public IMO.
    All of the Denver and Colorado Springs stations are showing video on TV and their website now.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...rest/21CR78/EMC order 05_06_21 advisement.pdf

8. Jacquie1

Jacquie1 Well-Known Member

I was bawling last night listening to Suzanne’s sister’s interview with Lauren.

9. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

Fairly sure they had clear signs of him packing it in for this town and moving on.....otherwise I think they would have continued building their case

10. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

For sure !

11. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

But yet the daughters still love and support him the judge didn’t allow photos of the daughters but said they loved him when he walked in the courtroom and gave heart symbols with their fingers. They must like the GF too. He didn’t wait too long after Suzanne went missing to get a GF. Very weird.
    Home | Daily Mail Online

12. theirmommy

theirmommy NE Patriots fanatic

I unfortunately have to go outside now and wont be able to watch press conference. Will be back here to read all of everyone's input.

P.S. I had been absorbed lately in the developments of Abby/Libby; hoping their killer is found next and soon!!

13. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

@10ofRods sbm bbm Sorry, not sure I'm following the bbm. SM's phone, used in "the past week"--- week prior to now? Or??? TiA.

Chocoholic, Flicka1, Lyanna and 2 others like this.
  14. StarrDetective

StarrDetective Well-Known Member

i saw the daughters. they were sitting where the jury usually would. at one point a bailiff brought them a box of kleenex. i also thunk i heard them cry. Also- was that BM’s mom sitting behind him? sure looked like it. she snapped a pic on her phone when the hearing was over and BM was standing up waiting to go back to his cell.

15. theirmommy

theirmommy NE Patriots fanatic

ohh one last thing. Who is Chris? Is he a reporter that is often on twitter? Link or last name please

16. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

^ - something found by the new owners of the big house. Previously overlooked. Or new owners doing some renovation or remodeling work, during which something was discovered. Possibly outside in the grounds, or in the crawl space
    - a redheaded mole
    - after deeper forensic investigation of electronics, certain incriminating searches

17. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 I'm the same as always.

His arrest comes despite the fact that investigators have not found Suzanne's body.

In a press conference held Wednesday evening, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze and District Attorney Linda Stanley defended their investigation from criticism that it has taken almost 12 months for detectives to make an arrest, and insisted that their case was strong.

The pair admitted that they do not know Suzanne's cause of death, but implied that they have knowledge of an 'incident' that led to her killing.

Barry's arrested affidavit remains sealed amid the ongoing investigation, and he has retained legal counsel ahead of his court appearance.

Court documents posted online show that all three charges are for offenses dated May 10, 2020, the day Suzanne disappeared. This indicates police believe she was murdered that day.

If convicted of first-degree murder, Barry faces up to life in prison.

Video shows moment husband is arrested for murdering missing mom Suzanne Morphew | Daily Mail Online
    bbm

18. StarrDetective

StarrDetective Well-Known Member

you can see the woman on the left hand side of the screen consoling and rubbing one of the daughters’ arms or back.

19. GoJacks

GoJacks Unknown Member

Yes from what I've seen they are using KUSA-TV stream. Webex is the one that cannot be recorded or streamed.

roche.analisa, Error505, Rolo and 7 others like this.
  20. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.