CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Barry did not love Suzanne at all. He could not have pretended worse. My bet is- he didn’t like her, her group, community, or religion. He was pretending, to be viewed as the respectful pillar of the community, and to get clients. It is called mimicry.

And I am sure that the actual motive was the money.

And because of this, all their pictures, all their posts, everything was a lie. How much did Suzanne realize it? I assume, she was going through deep personal transformation, too, while at the same time trying to battle an illness. Maybe she put any potential decisions on the back burner, trying to get stronger.

So for the girls, it is a long road ahead. This denial can serve self-preservation. After all, how can you believe anyone in own life, knowing that your dad, your idol, killed your mom. So I am not hoping they would sit through the trial. I don't know what is better, to have a epiphany, or, to slowly process it through therapy. Either way, it is horribly hard, and Barry did not think of his daughters at all.

2. pinkinablueworld

pinkinablueworld Well-Known Member

His condo neighbor said he worked all the time, but I'm really surprised he had that much "business" in the local area, considering what I am assuming is speculation within the community about his missing wife and his potential involvement . I am also wondering if he was still an active volunteer firefighter during this past year.

3. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

I am far behind, but a new Case Archive has a beginning.
    I will catch up as fast as I can.

JUSTICE for Suzanne:
    JUSTICE for Suzanne

The Case Archive up to May 5 is here:
    Suzanne Morphew -CO-

4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Actually, the protection order issued in court today is mandatory for ALL CRIMINAL proceedings for any victim or witness without their request pursuant to CRS section 18-1-1001.

I wouldn't make too much over the language given the mandatory nature of the order. Since the purpose of the order is to keep the accused civil towards the witness or victim, an order typically includes words such as shall not harass, molest, intimidate, retaliate against, or tamper with any witness to or victim of the acts you are charged with committing.

The Morphew daughters are obviously potential witnesses, and since BM's arrest, they will be subject to inquires about the relationship between their mother and father.

This order will keep BM in check and any violation of the order will result in a misdemeanor charge and imposition of a NO CONTACT ORDER.

BM doesn't need any more charges against him so the order of civil protection is for BM's protection as well as the protection of the daughters -- (one of which is probably a minor).

FOX31 legal analyst Chris Decker breaks down Morphew advisement – FOX31 Denver

5. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I don't know if I buy that he was always working...maybe, working out, but not working...He spent time selling all of their assets and Suzanne's possessions. I'm sure that kept him busy, too.

6. ar3593

ar3593 Well-Known Member

The fact they believe in his innocence is very sad but typical in these types of cases. It is far too painful to believe otherwise as they have already lost their mother. These young ladies will need a lifetime of counseling and support. Unfortunately, they will probably avoid contact with the Moorman side because that would mean facing the reality of their situation. Heartbreaking all the way around. Nobody wins...:(

JMO

7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Jinx @Cindizzi -- I just added the same that the protection order issued today is mandatory for ALL criminal proceedings (Colorado Revised Statutes Section 18-1-1001).

8. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

Nothing could come between Barry and his Bobcat... until now. That man loved moving rocks around.

9. Optics

Optics Well-Known Member

@Synergizer Bunny " and Barry did not think of his daughters at all." That right there what you posted. I agree, I feel he used his daughters for his own motives. It is eerily identical to how his own father was toward his own two daughters. His father had nothing to do with Barry's 2 sisters, only focused on Barry as his 'golden child'. (source: The Interview Room with Chris McDonough - retired detective went to Alexandria and put together a pretty interesting & compelling history of Barry growing up as a child on his May 2 video "What we found out about BARRY MORPHEW, HUSBAND OF MISSING COLORADO MOM SUZANNE MORPHEW"

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  10. skyedaze

skyedaze Well-Known Member

Yes, they have the look of the "masks" of lies being taken off and exposing them for who they really are.
    We see you.

11. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

If it were me taking one for the team, I’d have to have an adult beverage or two before reporting. I’m a Louisiana gal

12. ar3593

ar3593 Well-Known Member

God Bless her soul...Melinda Moorman. Much more evolved than I am. I am sorry, while I believe bitterness destroys people, I could not forgive anyone who was responsible for my sister's death period.

JMO

13. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your continued hard work on these archives! It is so appreciated!

14. GoJacks

GoJacks Unknown Member

15. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the protection order is pretty standard especially with one of the daughters being a minor still?

16. Error505

UGH - the Christmas photo with BM and his huge smile, without SM, is horrible! Looks like it was taken this past Christmas. Thx for posting the article.

17. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

I felt from the beginning it was off ...he used his neighbor to create his alibi. Monster. Be interesting to read her statement of what exactly BM said as he steered her toward the missing bike theory & yep, for her to call L.E.

MOO

18. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

19. Error505

I have the utmost, heartfelt compassion for the girls. I remind myself that we don’t know what story BM has convinced the daughters as being fact. Who knows, maybe he’d convinced them SM left voluntarily!? Anything is possible bc BM controlled the narrative in their world. With that in mind, they not only found out their father was arrested on first degree murder charges, but he’s standing accused of their mother’s murder! Maybe they weren’t even convinced she was dead. The amount of horrible devastation left by Barry is beyond what families should endure. All MOO
    Praying for the daughters daily. #Justice4Suzanne is in sight.

20. Error505

Shocking resemblance between the two! My mouth just flew open!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.