Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thank you and Seattle for explaining.

UGH, I had hoped he would be blocked from communicating with them so they could begin to get some separation and clarity.
He is a very vocal macho guy, who knows we could maybe even see some jailhouse notes written like Ole Frazee penned. I think the visitation is a wise decision for the time being.

Barry Morphew Was 'Dominant' in Relationship With Missing Colorado Mom Suzanne Morphew, Her Sister Says

Barry Morphew Was 'Dominant' in Relationship With Missing Colorado Mom Suzanne Morphew, Her Sister Says

“The Friday before Mother’s Day, my sister had sent me a text message that morning. It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing,” Melinda said. “She had been ready to share some things close to her chest. She said she was scared.”
Reminds me of the pic of them in the hotel room door! How he was large and in charge.

“The Friday before Mother’s Day, my sister had sent me a text message that morning. It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing,” Melinda said. “She had been ready to share some things close to her chest. She said she was scared.”
Wow.

Ok techies-even if Melinda did not save the message-depending on her provider, can LE retrieve it because they have access to Melinda’s phone? Is this part of why Melinda was the first person John Spezze called with the news of Barry’s arrest-was she one of the first people that shared with LE, and in those first days, that was when he promised her?
I wonder whether BM was spying on SM's communications. I can see my own text communications on multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac), and it could be that BM was watching SM's private communications from another device she wasn't aware of that was synched up to reveal her text messages and possibly phone communications as well (if she was ever using WiFi to boost her cellphone signal). If they used a common iCloud account, that would allow this.

Realizing the CCSO have likely been aware of every single word in this lengthy, powerful, revealing text, where Suzanne said she was scared :( is rather reassuring, in a way. I'd LOVE to know exactly what it said, but THEY know what it said, and I suspect that played a huge part in why he now sits in a cage, where all monsters should be.

If she texted her sister that the Friday before she went missing, I can’t imagine what must have been sent via the encrypted messaging apps the CCSO mentioned in their press release.
I vaguely recall this being discussed. I did a quick search and found this post.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-07 4.24.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-07 4.24.43 PM.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Suzanne's friend, Tisha Leewaye, told Fox News she was "surprised to a point," but added that she herself had provided police with information related to the case and had encouraged others to do so, too.

"I was holding my phone, shaking and just almost started crying," she recalled, describing how she received a text message confirming the news.

Leewaye said she spoke to police "on a weekly basis" and that community members have held vigils and events since Morphew disappeared -- but Barry never attended, she told Fox News late Thursday. And when the community joined Suzanne's brother, Andy Moorman, and hundreds of others in their days-long intensive search for Suzanne in August, Barry did not get involved, despite being invited, Leewaye said.

"When we did the search [and] we didn't find her, it was pretty much like she died all over again," Leewaye said.

Leewaye said she knew the Morphew family because they used to go to the tanning salon where she worked. Leewaye and Morphew became friendly, but only saw each other and spoke sporadically, she said.

~snip

Suzanne Morphew's friends, family beg husband Barry to confess, share location of remains | Fox News

There's nothing about encrypted apps, just this:

Anyone who may have engaged with Suzanne on Facebook, Instagram, Voxer, FaceTime or WhatsApp and would like to share new information or come forward if they haven’t been interviewed is asked to contact the Suzanne Morphew tip line
I have whatsapp messages from 4 years ago, would have been longer but that's when I discovered the program. Maybe it would help them to remind people of the longevity of whatsapp messages unless someone has gone to the trouble of deleting them.

Last edited:
I wonder whether BM was spying on SM's communications. I can see my own text communications on multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac), and it could be that BM was watching SM's private communications from another device she wasn't aware of that was synched up to reveal her text messages and possibly phone communications as well (if she was ever using WiFi to boost her cellphone signal). If they used a common iCloud account, that would allow this.

This is true it’s called handoff on Apple device settings

One tidbit -- I believe that in some rural/remote areas, the same attorneys who serve as [contract] public defenders may also be hired to defend those who can afford to pay.

I'm almost certain that's how it works in my county (which is rural and remote but not in Colorado).

So we may not be able to determine simply by the name of the defending attorney whether BM is paying or whether he has [eventually] qualified for a public defender.

Maybe one of the locals knows whether this is a possibility in Chaffee County?
To apply for a Public Defender you must submit an "Application for Indigent Determination". If it is approved, there will be a "Journal Entry" indicating "Indigent" in your Court Case Files.

Court Case Files can be accessed via
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

JMO, MOO - IANAL!

I know Suzanne had an Apple Watch, and I am assuming an iPhone. If she had an iPad, she could have used that for texting as well. I enable texts on my iPad, and anyone with access to my iPad can hear the dings and read everything. I’m wondering if we are back to that theory of her deciding to leave him, and he wasn’t having it.

Cannot wait to hear what these "things" are that she was holding close to her chest. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle