CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minordetails

Minordetails Well-Known Member

I’m always amazed that as new information is released and verified, that really, there’s nothing new. Nothing new, in the sense that pretty much everything we find out has been brought up and discussed, at one point or another on this forum. So, are there just really good sleuths on board, or are there some secret insiders? I think it’s a combination of both.

Chocoholic, Niner, Rolo and 15 others like this.

2. Hoss569

Hoss569 Well-Known Member

I was wondering...

Since BM has been arrested does LE need a search warrant to search? Can they actively pursue anything pertaining to the case without a warrant with him sitting in jail?

AnnaGrace, IHAVENOCLUE, Rolo and 12 others like this.
  3. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that happened to you. :(

4. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

Mothers day to boot....seems extra cruel.

misgrn, Chocoholic, ar3593 and 22 others like this.
  5. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

Chris McDonough talked about it on last night's "It's a Crime" YT with Linda. I was surprised, too. I'm sure that there must be more stories like this.

misgrn, Error505, MerBeach and 15 others like this.
  6. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

That’s what I believe and never had changed my theory I believe she knew of his womanizing, controlling, abuse, poss GF etc and was done with him ready to get out take the girls, all her money, move back to Indiana but he wasn’t having it. I know these types I was married to one. JMO, MOO etc.

misgrn, Stripehaven, ar3593 and 32 others like this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Except applications do not apply to defendants that are in custody and cannot make bail. They are automatically eligible for a public defender. Yes, I also recall Reisch confirming the same -- regardless of wealth, the in-custody defendant is automatically eligible.

8. Whiteorchids

creepy I heard this as well. I agree with you 100%.

Chocoholic, MerBeach, Niner and 11 others like this.
  9. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I think it's because creepy creeps just always tend to do the same kind of creepy things.
    There really is nothing new under the sun.

10. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I think they'd still want a warrant. I'm guessing that the Arrest Warrant gave stipulations for search of new truck and the premises.

I do wonder if any warrants will be served in Indiana...or elsewhere.

11. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

Ahhh, so sad for you.
    Thank you for posting all this ...
    I’m sorry for your loss❤️
    Great insight .

12. DetectiveFoyleWannabe

DetectiveFoyleWannabe Well-Known Member

They still need warrants for searches.

13. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

Snipped from article:
    “Moorman says when she received the phone call from her father, telling her Suzanne has gone missing, she immediately knew her younger sister was no longer alive. On top of that, she was confident her brother-in-law was responsible.
    “My highest hope would be that my brother-in-law Barry would do the right thing and that he would tell the truth," said Moorman. "If he has any kind of sense at all, and he loves his girls at all. I hope he will do the right thing and confess."
    She knew immediately Suzanne was no longer alive & BM was responsible! You know she had to have picked up the phone and contacted Spezze immediately regarding the text from Suzanne. Suzanne knew she was in danger if she was afraid of BM.

You are such a monster, BM, tell where SM is!
    MOO

14. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

BBM MM said in the article when she received the call from her dad that SM was missing, she knew immediately Suzanne was no longer alive and that BM was responsible. I feel sure she did contact Spezze. SM had told Melinda she was scared. MOO
    EBM correcting word

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  15. 10ofRods

Wow. I have to say I am shocked. Who does that? I've been active in groups for abused/stalked women for many years, but for a husband to do this in an apparently functional marriage certainly sent shockwaves around their friend group.

This pushes me even further into my belief that Barry was super-controlling and that even if he didn't move to CO to escape the death penalty, he certainly moved to Puma Path to isolate Suzanne. There's a big web of crazy behavior, IMO. I would say Suzanne must have lived in fear.

I too think Barry was a cheater. And probably has done all the things he's accused others of doing (such as using meth). He thinks throwing the first blow is a good strategy. and that his own godly, manly self is so believable, so trustworthy that everyone will always believe him over everyone else.

And once he began acting entirely the opposite of his Godly Christian Man image, he became opportunistic and sinned more and more. The minister at their church said he spoke to her, after Suzanne's disappearance, about forgiveness and whether everything is truly forgiven by God...I believe she replied that yes, all is forgiven if only the person truly repents. That's what I was taught, too. This can make for a rather chaotic worldview, if you ask me.

(The minister appeared on youtube - if anyone knows which one, please help jog my memory).

16. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

Wow. I can imagine at six years old, you didn't fully understand death or what it meant. You just knew that your Mom was taken away from you. I can easily see how frightened you must have been thinking that you could lose your Dad. Did you have any siblings?

Barry sounds like he was busy living his own life, even more so after Suzanne's disappearance. He was beautifying himself, dating, working out and selling all of the family's possessions.

I don't know if the older daughter lives at school with the younger one staying with him; however, I can see how they would feel better living in a populated condo area versus in a big house in an isolated area.

Posters were commenting on Barry, the girls and one of the girl's friends going on vacation at a Mexican (during Covid) . I wonder if it was a trip that the family normally took every year and was paid in full. They replaced Suzanne with one of the friends. Very sad thought.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  17. 10ofRods

I too am sorry you had to go through this. It does give you special empathy and insight into what it means to be the victim of abuse. A lot of people don't understand. The abuser makes the victim feel responsible (for their own abuse). This case and Barry's arrest has brought up a lot of memories for me, too.

I hope you are out of the cycle, now. It took me a long time (after leaving my abusive parents - whom I loved very much, I married an abusive man - whom I loved very much).

misgrn, Puzzles, Chocoholic and 26 others like this.
  18. TKG

TKG “Hope is not a strategy”

Has it ever been revealed who the other $100,000 reward was offered from?

19. 10ofRods

Oh, Nuttmegg, this is so sad. But your insight into what the girls must be feeling is valuable - we need to remember how they must be feeling. As adults/near adults, they are using almost the same strategy as you did.

IIRC, it was the stepfather of the young man/boy who is dating the younger daughter.

If anyone has newer info, please post.

Chocoholic, momsof3, Rolo and 12 others like this.
  20. Whiteorchids

Barry sure reminds me of Chase Merritt who murdered the entire McStay family in CA. He was into dirt digging too a miner or something that was business associate of Michael McStay. Ugh.

15394AF4-6A21-4BB7-ACD5-3BA609DF4E07.jpeg C4648C41-BC70-4E78-B22E-6687A644DAB1.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.