Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading Lauren Scharf's Twitter feed. She says Barry has public defenders! How in the heck can he qualify for public defenders? He has money to hire his own lawyers. Public defenders are Magdalena Rosa and Daniel Zettler.

Maybe, Barry has public defenders for this first hearing and will hire his own private lawyers in the near future.

https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1390326403237810180

**So, I guess that his first hearing won't be televised??**
Right - the hearing will NOT be televised since it’s a video hearing anyway. UGH and unfortunate! I was looking forward to seeing the “Rob Lowe Playboy” in his new ORANGE suit! HaHaHa

Maybe the assets are frozen in the children’s names or a non-revocable trust. Wonder what the balance of the Hope Foundation’s funds are now? Hmmmm

jmo
I would be very very surprised if money-grubbing BM would have any assets in his daughters names, and courts haven’t had enough time to freeze assets. I’m wondering if the CO judge who granted the guardianship has caught wind of Barry’s arrest and has an action the court would take since we are talking murder1?

Just watching this now, and Chris said that when he went out to Colorado, the night before the arrest, he noticed a big trailer parked in front of Barry's condo. He speculated that Barry was about ready to make a move, and that's why the DA pulled the trigger when she did. :eek:
^^RSBM
Lol -- I think it's time for Chris to stop his sensationalizing this case! :rolleyes:
Reportedly, BM has made multiple domestic and international trips since SM disappeared. BM's arrest wasn't out of fear he was leaving town -- that's not how prosecutors decide on when to charge. MOO

This happens in every case but you have to remember the criminal court system deals with criminals all day, every day. They are prepared for people to try to outsmart the system. Every person who goes through this process is accused of a crime. Barry is not smarter or more creative than any other criminal. He has houses, trucks, businesses and they all count as "assets" available to him. Judges are not stupid and remember, this is what they do all day, every day, for years if not decades.

Plus, most people who can afford a private attorney want a private attorney. The key difference, which is unfair IMO, is you are paying your private attorney to spend valuable time thinking about and working on your case. Your private attorney can decline other cases and spend as much time as necessary on your case. You can hire the best experts in the country to support your case. A public defender must carry whatever caseload is assigned by the court and the PD office. There are only 24 hours in a day. If that PD has 75 cases heading to trial, you will get your share of time. This is not knocking PDs, they do incredible work with little support. But we are all limited by the hours in a day.

It's my understanding that he no longer has any houses or, indeed, any real property at all. He has liquidated everything.

Last mention of where he was living was in someone else's condo (a woman's condo) in Poncha Springs. If he's not paying rent there (and I bet he's not), would he then be technically indigent/couch surfing/homeless?

I predict that he has no assets in his own name whatsoever, but that if anything was left over from his debts (and his debtors must have been exceptionally...um...difficult to evade), it's stashed somewhere and he can get access, but it won't appear as belonging to him.

Of course, the DA probably knows all this and it may soon become an issue for the Court. Now, if Barry does have access to the money and he did put a big chunk aside for a private criminal defense lawyer (which, given the type of defense Barry will try to mount, would be a very good idea for him), then we'll see that soon.

I imagine that Barry has spent much mental energy in the past year planning what to do when this time came. He knew he was the only suspect and he knew from reading online (including here on WS, IMO) that the nature of the evidence was varied and beyond his scope of understanding. Whatever happened to Suzanne's phone, it was certainly used by her at some point in the past week (IMO) and then stopped being used. It would have pinged the cell tower in the Monarch pass area (it's not true that there's no cell service near Puma Path - the youtuber from Arizona has proved that).

Is this charge of tampering because Barry planted a Morphew bicycle near a tree at the river in hopes folks would believe it was where Suzanne disappeared while riding her bicycle?

(b) Knowingly makes, presents, or offers any false or altered physical evidence with intent that it be introduced in the pending or prospective official proceeding.

Maybe something 'mechanical was tampered with on Bobcat?
Apologies if discussed already, catching up!

I find it hard to characterize Barry's volunteer fireman's position as work. It was unpaid. Probably came with limited liability insurance and that's it. Some volunteer firemen pay for all their own training, some places pay for it. I grew up in a town with only 2 employed firemen, the rest were volunteers (and in fact, even today, it's only 5 paid firemen and they have been in the midst of fires that made national news - huge fires). But the town still doesn't have the money to hire more firemen (they cost about $200,000 each with insurance and equipment, annually).

I’ve always attributed his volunteer firefighter duties to him wanting to make a good impression outwardly. “I’m a good guy, I volunteer and save people’s lives” :rolleyes:

I really am toying between two separate motives/theories here. One is very similar to Chris Watts’ and the excitement of a new life. The other relates to Suzanne having “had enough” and making steps to leave. Regardless, both motives have a strong financial underpinning, motivated by greed, along with a huge amount of narcissism on B’s part. All of this and the below is JMO.

Theory 1 - The new life!

Middle aged man, perhaps going through a mid life crisis, but also plagued by narcissism and the need to be adored. Hangs around with a younger crowd, gym go-er, wants to stay relevant. Appearances are important - the house, the cars, the beautiful wife and children, but it all became boring for him eventually. He wanted more. He wanted excitement that a new life could bring. He sought out that new life, perhaps found a new woman who adored him, perhaps one who idolised him, who put him on a pedestal and it made him feel good. Suzanne loved him, but it was too comfortable. She also saw the worst sides of him, and he didn’t like people knowing about those aspects of his character. Narcissists hate it when they are exposed. Suzanne’s recent C diagnosis set the wheels in motion. He left the relationship emotionally, not that he needed that as an excuse because he was morally lacking anyway. Suzanne recovered, and this messed up his plan(s) for his new life. He couldn’t leave her, there was too much at stake and he would lose everything. So, in order to have what he wanted, Suzanne needed to disappear. He set the wheels in motion. He could have everything they owned, plus his new life, if she were no longer around.

Theory 2 - Suzanne was ready to leave

After years of control, potentially abuse (perhaps psychologically, not necessary physically), Suzanne saw the light, took back control, and made plans to leave him. I only suggest the control and abuse based on reports from those who knew Barry suggesting that he was aggressive and controlling. He moved her away from everything and everyone she knew. Control. Isolation. I also reach my own conclusions about abuse from the photographs I’ve seen of B&S together. Yes she looks happy, but he looks like a “my way or the highway” type of character. I’m not for one second suggesting that Suzanne was meek and mild, but a loving wife and mother who wanted to keep everyone happy, until she realised she wasn’t happy.

Discussions had taken place ref a separation, it wouldn’t have ended well for Barry financially, so he wouldn’t let it happen. Suzanne would to move back to IN in this scenario, the IN house sale hadn’t been finalised so that worked in her favour, and she would block the sale. Regardless, a separation wouldn’t end well for Barry, they discussed lots of possible scenarios, and he wasn’t happy with any of them. He would lose everything. The beautiful family, the beautiful doting wife, the house, the cars. Essentially everything that allowed him to give off the impression of the perfect life. Everything that made him feel powerful. The only way to not lose these things, would be if Suzanne were to disappear.

In both scenarios, Barry was to gain from Suzanne’s disappearance. Plans were made, people were conveniently not around that weekend, flaky alibis were set up, and he made sure that Suzanne would no longer be a barrier to the life he wanted.

Referring back to his use of control, I think he strangled her. I think he (I’m sorry to say this) needed her body to be easy to dispose of so he dismembered her in the home (Andy M suggested that bleach had been smelt at the PP home and we know about the H Inn). I think she lay dead when he was at the work site Saturday morning, or parts of her anyway, when MG suggested that his behaviour was “off” and he sent her home early, because he knew what he had to get home to take care of business.

How he disposed of her I don’t know, but I feel that he did so across various locations, using his machinery, hence why the dogs picked up multiple scents in multiple locations.

What next? Well, my new life starts now! Gotta sell the IN home! Gotta sell the PP home after I manipulate my daughters in to no longer wanting to live there! Gotta sell the land. Let’s free up some assets and build a new life! A new girlfriend who may or may not have been in the picture romantically before Suzanne disappeared Video shows moment husband is arrested for murdering missing mom Suzanne Morphew | Daily Mail Online and essentially, the life which motivated him to do what he did in the first place.

Now? In custody. Will lose everything. The life he used to want. The life he no longer wanted. The life he came to want. Gone!

I hope it was all worth it Barry! And this is why I prefer cats to humans :(
I think it may have been a combination of these theories...

I think there was some sort of financial issue that necessitated that the sale of the house in Indiana be done quickly. Suzanne may have stood in the way of this, IMO.

Maybe something 'mechanical was tampered with on Bobcat?
Apologies if discussed already, catching up!

Well, Barry himself has said he fibbed to police about a "mechanical thing" that he did to the Bobcat.

But I suspect it's more than that and involves the bike, the helmet and at least one other object. It probably also involves some clean-up work in the kitchen area. And perhaps some further clean-up at the hotel.

He may also have tried to disable his GPS (he may have thought that turning off the dashboard GPS monitor disabled the truck's GPS module, but it doesn't - it just stops sending the info to the driver). If in fact he did something like attempt to disable the actual computer in his truck, he may not have been successful (apparently it's not a simple matter because the computer unit controls so many aspects of a modern vehicle).

Alex Rose
@AlexRoseNews

A judge has granted an electronic media request for #BarryMorphew's advisement this morning at 10:30 a.m. We will get video of the courtroom, but no audio. We will break it down what happened after the fact on #FOX31NOW. #SuzanneMorphew.
@KDVR

Barry Morphew arrested on murder charge in disappearance of wife, Suzanne Morphew
The husband of Suzanne Morphew, a Chaffee County mother who was reported missing on Mother’s Day weekend of 2020, has been arrested.
kdvr.com

9:14 AM · May 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

Barry is making virtual appearance per court docket

I don't believe BM was planning to flee and that was the reason the DA moved to make an arrest yesterday. I don't believe she felt pressure, now, later or never. The decision was made on charges, an arrest, then logistics of said arrest worked out. IMO

He probably just happened to have a trailer parked in front of his condo, which with his line of work is probably normal for tools, etc. Having windows open is normal and hardly points to BM listening for LE coming.

If Barry became a fugitive, the nice men and women from the USMS would have found him. I'm confident in that statement. IMO

There are very few groups I would be concerned having the ability to find me, The USMS, British SAS and the USCG HITRON top the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288