CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaineyJ

LaineyJ Well-Known Member

I’ve also gone with the assumption/guess that he strangled her. To me it just screams power, total control and rage. Whether his rage was a slow burn that simmered until it suddenly boiled over, or an ‘incident’ made him go from 0-100 in that moment, I’m unsure. But when this case first made the news (at least when it reached me, on the east coast), and as time went on and I thought more about BM, I dunno, strangulation just stuck with me. After joining here and reading others thoughts, plus the fact that BM was arrested on 1st degree in a no body case, makes me wonder about the possibility of blood evidence. But I’m standing by strangulation until I read the AA.

Your ideas about the planned or pre-prepared site and route are interesting. I really, really can’t stand this guy. Even if every idea I’ve had about this case is wrong, he’s still a monster for whatever he did.

2. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

On May 17, what is the likelyhood those camera's still had footage from 5/8 through 5/12?

What is the normal cycle they would be overwritten?

3. UnderWhelmed405

UnderWhelmed405 Well-Known Member

Maybe all the "5" references were for Barry Bobcat getting arrested on Cinco de Mayo ha.

Seriously, though. He looks a little strung out on meth or something. I wouldn't put it past him to be a raging hypocrite amongst all the many other wonderful traits.

4. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I could be wrong in my memory, but I think that Mike of PE mentioned that Chris received some kind of heads up to head to Salida the night before the arrest.

JMO.

5. LaineyJ

LaineyJ Well-Known Member

how terrible for him to put those girls in that position. I genuinely hope that they get all the support they need (and accept) no matter what they choose to believe. Regardless of how it may look or be interpreted about how they’ve acted in the last year, we have no idea what they’ve been feeling or thinking, especially with Barry as the only parent around. I feel so sad for them to have gone through this and to be looking at a long journey ahead.

6. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

I bet Barry hated cats and that’s why they didn’t have more. I also agree with others that living in that house would have necessitated a large dog at least for me. IMO In their situation I am thinking a German Shepherd to protect Suzanne and the girls. Also interesting that Barry didn’t own a hunting dog. IMO

7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I think selling the RR 3 weeks later was both coincidence and convenience -- BM happened to travel to Indiana 3 weeks after SM went missing to seek Guardianship of SM for the real estate transaction already in progress. Convenient that BM could deliver the RR to Indiana when he needed to be there for an unrelated matter.

8. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

Correct, I was speculating one of the private investigators staying in the unit next to Barry May be the one who tipped him off. They knew Chris from back in the days. Maybe they saw Barry packing up the condo and thought he was leaving Colorado for good.
    So they told Chris to head to Salida cause they were going to arrest Barry the next day. MOO

IHAVENOCLUE, tmar, Flicka1 and 17 others like this.
  9. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

I was checking Secretary of State for business records. Those records are on file so if someone wishes to get in contact with a company for any legal reason, there is a record by which to find them by their current information (principals, registered agent's name and address, and business address). As I think about this more, I assume contractors probably have additional requirements that other businesses don't and so file with another state agency to document the status of their bonding and licensing. But, I have to believe that agency instructs business owners that they must also remain current with the Secretary of State so those looking for them can find them.

Correcting a delinquency with the CO Secretary of State is easy and cheap - it can be done online and costs $100, even if a company has been delinquent for a number of years.

10. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

11. LandManatee

LandManatee Well-Known Member

Sorry, I do not know or don’t recall if his source was cited. To me it came off as insider info that was relayed to him that he is now sharing with his viewers. He mentioned in the video that he & his wife had been in Indiana and Colorado interviewing friends, maybe family and/or acquaintances of BM for a couple of segments they put together.

I was just responding to your call for the portion of the video that mentions the argument. I’m not able to go through the video right now to determine if he cited his source for the info. Maybe someone else can take that on to determine if he mentions it.

12. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

Hunting dogs would typically be used for hunting birds - pheasant, duck, grouse, and the like. They're trained to retrieve the kill after it falls to the ground (or water).

That black beauty you see as my avatar is a Flatcoated retriever with a very soft mouth - bred so they carry the bird without crunching it. (Although mine has never hunted anything other than frisbees and is afraid of loud noises.)

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  13. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

TY for the information. Sounds like your black beauty is pretty spoiled. I had to laugh at your comments concerning him/her. :)

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  14. BeckyF

BeckyF On Time Out

BBM
    I don’t really like to dive into other cases on someone else’s thread either. But I do appreciate you breaking it down, especially the part about when CCSO got their evidence. That is very important. IMO.

15. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

Sure. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the probable explanation!

16. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

@BeckyF You are entirely welcome. Sometimes it's hard to compare cases w many similarities and see the distinction. Thx for your post.

17. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

Black lab? On my phone it’s hard to see. We had a yellow lab when kiddos were little and she was the sweetest gentle giant. She never had a mean bone but when kiddos were little and we would walk or stroll the neighborhood when strangers approached she would softly growl to let people know the kids were hers and she would protect them.
    So I suppose Barry never hunted birds just creatures he could kill and subdue on his own. IMO

18. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

Not sure what to make of this? Melinda, Suzanne’s sister implies that both were unhappy financially and unable to live within their means.

“I think life happens,” Melinda continued. “I think pressures and stresses in life — I think financial pressure bears in on people very heavily. It creates an atmosphere of discontent and strife and sometimes living beyond your means is a very hard thing to do . . . Learning to be content with what you have is a very powerful thing in this life, and it brings great peace, and I don’t think Barry and Suzanne had gotten there yet, and that’s what I think kinda happened — and I can’t really say more than that.”

19. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

From my recollection withina very short time after the murder he bought a new truck. He then bought a plot of land for his Mom. He sold the house in Indiana (already under contract so no surprise there) and he also sold a rental property they owned. He then sold the family’s home in Colorado. He clearly unleashed a lot of pent up financial dealings.
    I was leaning towards domestic violence but now it is very likely financially motivated.

Suzanne’s sister Melinda indicated that she believes the motive was financial
    murder. (Per below).

“I think life happens,” Melinda continued. “I think pressures and stresses in life — I think financial pressure bears in on people very heavily. It creates an atmosphere of discontent and strife and sometimes living beyond your means is a very hard thing to do . . . Learning to be content with what you have is a very powerful thing in this life, and it brings great peace, and I don’t think Barry and Suzanne had gotten there yet, and that’s what I think kinda happened — and I can’t really say more than that.”

20. ar3593

ar3593 Well-Known Member

Hello Synergizer Bunny, you did not imagine that. I heard CM say the same if my memory serves me. It was on one of the videos posted here. I apologize in advance everyone as I do not remember which one it was..:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.