Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren Scharf via Twitter “Today marks 1 year since Suzanne Morphew was reported missing. Join the community by lighting a candle or leaving a porch light on at 6:30 p.m. MST to remember #suzannemorphew and her family. Continue to #ShinebrightforSuzanne @FOX21News”
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1391794573072949251?s=21

Attachments

• BECFA78D-0BA4-4C05-A6D7-0DC2E030D20E.jpeg
    BECFA78D-0BA4-4C05-A6D7-0DC2E030D20E.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 2
IMO MOO - In CM’s last 2 Live videos, and factoring in the deep dive video into BM’s background that he did, I get the sense CM is alluding to BM having “serial” tendencies.

Since his childhood days, BM is very comfortable with tracking, hunting, killing, skinning, cleaning large wildlife as a passionate life-long hobby. Wildlife often times much larger and heavier than say, a 115lb woman. Plus he picked up more value-added skillsets volunteering as a firefighter and being a degreed landscaper. Add to it what we now know and continue to learn about BM’s personality, character and harsh upbringing by his Father’s hand, and you easily have a recipe for someone who likely has been around the block a couple times, possibly building up or practicing his...craft.

We now know that BM was an addicted true crime fan. There was also mention at one point by Mike King that LE was looking into presumable activity on the black web by BM. Nothing good ever comes from that. It may have been crime related, sex related maybe. Plus there is all of BM’s very obvious odd behavior and actions in the last year. To me it easily adds up to a particular profile that CM is alluding to. I feel CM’s experience and trained eye are easily sizing up BM’s true nature and behavioral pattern. In the majority of instances, the signs are there since childhood and CM is making us aware of his assessment little by little with information nuggets.

I further believe this with Chris releasing the hillbilly packed-up moving photo to show that BM was eager to get out of dodge...running from something, possibly a situation that was starting to catch up to him, out of his control or starting to shine too much light in his direction. He hastily was leaving behind his and his wife’s childhood home and family without the complete consent of his wife and to the confusion of his community, extended family & friends.

It’s also very telling that in the last year, BM has uncharacteristically refused to be on camera, have his voice recorded or appear in person at publicized events. IMO he is hiding from something or someone that is very damning to some sort of past wrong-doing BM may have committed.

I can’t wait to see what is in the AA and then the details that will be divulged at trial. It’s always fascinating to peer into the deranged mind and lifestyle of the egotistical criminal.

Is it a foregone conclusion that the public defenders representing BM will be the ones involved in accepting or opposing the AA being unsealed this week?

I would say so, yes. Since it was the defense counsel (public defenders) that requested time to read and review, and that the judge gave 7 days to, to state their position on unsealing the AA. So even if BM obtained new defense counsel before that 7 days is up, that shouldn't change the judge's timeline.

Maybe someone with more legal/courtroom experience can chime in on this though, it's really a good question.

<modsnip> I also think SM's lifelong friend that had a wedding that weekend will be a KEY player in all of this.
I do too being that Suzanne wrote “She was scared” no more was heard from Suzanne after that. I believe there’s a lot more to that text string that is being withheld.

Here’s 45 photos from the Puma Path house that was sold after Suzanne went missing. It gives me the creeps. So isolated. Poor Suzanne. It definitely looks on the masculine. A mans house aka man cave. BM being a landscaper didn’t do much landscaping around their house.

19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81242 - 3 beds/3.5 baths

Last edited by a moderator:
If what CM revealed in his video is true, which I do believe they spoke with several of their Indiana associates. Suzanne had told friends they had to move because Barry has burned to many bridges in his business dealings. If these are true statements then Barry was spiraling in 2018 when they arrived in Colorado. Living above their means as Suzanne Sister stated, buying that Puma Pass residence was more than they could afford. IMO BM was having a hard time keeping up the mortgage, plus all the vehicle payments etc etc. I think it will be interesting to find out what their income tax filing reveal. I would also like to know what document he wanted Gene to sign shortly after Suzanne disappeared , was it a financial document he need a cosigner for?

I do too being that Suzanne wrote “She was scared” no more was heard from Suzanne after that. I believe there’s a lot more to that text string that is being withheld.

Here’s 45 photos from the Puma Path house that was sold after Suzanne went missing. It gives me the creeps. So isolated. Poor Suzanne. It definitely looks on the masculine. A mans house aka man cave. BM being a landscaper didn’t do much landscaping around their house.

19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81242 - 3 beds/3.5 baths

Overlooking that railing gave me the creeps.

Yes, I found some information about aqua regia as well. It's called "royal water" for it's ability to dissolve gold. The only problem is the potential to cause serious burns or explode into flames.
I do not for one minute believe that Barry dissolved Suzanne's jewelry. Her wedding set was probably at home (like she left it there to go biking), or he hid it somewhere if she were known to always wear it.

JMO.

IMO MOO - In CM’s last 2 Live videos, and factoring in the deep dive video into BM’s background that he did, I get the sense CM is alluding to BM having “serial” tendencies.

Since his childhood days, BM is very comfortable with tracking, hunting, killing, skinning, cleaning large wildlife as a passionate life-long hobby. Wildlife often times much larger and heavier than say, a 115lb woman. Plus he picked up more value-added skillsets volunteering as a firefighter and being a degreed landscaper. Add to it what we now know and continue to learn about BM’s personality, character and harsh upbringing by his Father’s hand, and you easily have a recipe for someone who likely has been around the block a couple times, possibly building up or practicing his...craft.

We now know that BM was an addicted true crime fan. There was also mention at one point by Mike King that LE was looking into presumable activity on the black web by BM. Nothing good ever comes from that. It may have been crime related, sex related maybe. Plus there is all of BM’s very obvious odd behavior and actions in the last year. To me it easily adds up to a particular profile that CM is alluding to. I feel CM’s experience and trained eye are easily sizing up BM’s true nature and behavioral pattern. In the majority of instances, the signs are there since childhood and CM is making us aware of his assessment little by little with information nuggets.

I further believe this with Chris releasing the hillbilly packed-up moving photo to show that BM was eager to get out of dodge...running from something, possibly a situation that was starting to catch up to him, out of his control or starting to shine too much light in his direction. He hastily was leaving behind his and his wife’s childhood home and family without the complete consent of his wife and to the confusion of his community, extended family & friends.

It’s also very telling that in the last year, BM has uncharacteristically refused to be on camera, have his voice recorded or appear in person at publicized events. IMO he is hiding from something or someone that is very damning to some sort of past wrong-doing BM may have committed.

I can’t wait to see what is in the AA and then the details that will be divulged at trial. It’s always fascinating to peer into the deranged mind and lifestyle of the egotistical criminal.
Great post thank you! When CM zoomed in on the trailer did you see the bobcat cage/driver seat was filled with antlers and the photo of his truck was filled with Antlers? I guess a pit stop was made on the way to Colorado to sell all the antlers. I could not be married to someone like this he was the extreme IMHO.

Excellent post!. I agree in your summation of Chris’ recent nuggets he’s released. The trip back to Indiana to examine BM’s childhood and the extent Chris examined the father dynamic is really telling. Chris is confusing to me at times, I don’t always easily understand what he’s eluding to. But he has years as a profiler and homicide detective. He’s going to expose the nature of the beast by exposing Barry’s background. Ultimately, most people want to know, how could a Perdue grad and former minor league ball player from middle America commit the crime of first degree murder against his wife. I don’t know of anyone else who is diving into Barry’s background (besides LE) like Chris is doing. Kudos to him. MOO

Last edited:
Going back to bleach, tools, coolers, dismemberment, antlers with flesh, hot tubs, and hotels, I had an idea that we may not have discussed before. Maybe BM killed SM in the house and dragged her outside somewhere to dismember her and placed her in the missing coolers. He then dumps the tools he used in the hot tub with copious amounts of bleach/ chlorine and runs it for a while to clean them. He empties the hot tub scrubs it down and refills it. He brings the bleached tools to the hotel in Broomfield and leaves them on a hotel cart. He may have brought some additional bleach to the hotel. He reexamines the tools to make sure there is no human residue left and wipes them down again with bleach. He then takes a shower and leaves the wet towels on the floor.
The antlers are brought up to the house to either lure in bobcats to shore up his mountain lion theory or to try and mask cadaverine in that location.
It has always bothered me that MG said she still had the tools from the hotel room at her home. I wonder why they weren’t seized by LE?
MOO

Did anyone else pick up on what Chris said in his recent video about the black Range Rover ? He apparently sold this to someone in Indiana only 3 weeks after Suzanne disappeared. They surely went over his truck with a fine tooth - but I wonder about the other cars. Sounds a wee bit suspicious that he got rid of that Range Rover so quickly. JMO but is that the vehicle that he took her away in ? Did LE have a chance to sweep that car ? Or even look at it's GPS before he got rid of it ?

I would be shocked if LE served 164 search warrants in this case and did not search that RR.

What else have our sleuthers found on Barry? Anything else in Indiana?

The Indiana house sale had to have something to do with it. He was pressed for time and I think Suzanne was not in agreement with him.

PS But I wonder what incident that LE is alluding to was the catalyst?

Perhaps BM forged SM's name on something to do with the house sale, and SM found out and confronted him.

Then again, I still don't have a clear picture of the timeline. It sounds like BM planned something for Mother's Day weekend - the girls being away on Mother's Day always seemed odd - but that something forced his hand, hence the hastily concocted weekend job/alibi.

If what CM revealed in his video is true, which I do believe they spoke with several of their Indiana associates. Suzanne had told friends they had to move because Barry has burned to many bridges in his business dealings. If these are true statements then Barry was spiraling in 2018 when they arrived in Colorado. Living above their means as Suzanne Sister stated, buying that Puma Pass residence was more than they could afford. IMO BM was having a hard time keeping up the mortgage, plus all the vehicle payments etc etc. I think it will be interesting to find out what their income tax filing reveal. I would also like to know what document he wanted Gene to sign shortly after Suzanne disappeared , was it a financial document he need a cosigner for?
One of his trucks was brand new the one he drives now. I believe he has two expensive SUVs I can’t remember the name of them maybe Renegades? one was sold in Indiana recently. I think he Barry only had money when it came to the things and man toys he wanted for himself but not Suzanne. I think he was a very selfish man JMO

On your question 1 - yes, that is a true pic of the trailer and Barry’s truck I recognize their Indiana home in the background, same style home and same brick as in pics Suzanne posted on her FB page of their home in Indiana. The bob cat on the trailer is almost a dead give away for it being Barry’s and Chris pointed out the Barry’s gun safe on the trailer. Most avid hunters do have gun safes. My hubby has 2 safes.
Your 2nd question- there was 100% no ff training scheduled that weekend 1) due to COVID
2) they are never scheduled on a holiday. Question 3 - I agree. Barry’s too much of a tight wad to destroy something he could turn into cash for personal gain. Great post.

WOW!
That trailer was unbelievable!!! I literally laughed out loud when I first saw the pic! :D

Thank you, Error, for answering my questions! :)

I in no way have abilities to see what happened. I have always felt like she was sitting when he walked up, she was on the phone and he heard or saw something that enraged him. Then i've felt like the bedroom and bathroom were key to her murder. I also saw in the photos you posted carpeting that looks like the piece that was removed by the CSI.

I haven't watched it all because the hair on my neck was standing up. When Massguy is back he will confirm I have said she was killed in the house and placed close by all along. I have always felt like he wanted to be able to watch and keep an eye on her. Not for any other reason but to know when and if they were on to him...

Yikes, terrifying.

One of his trucks was
Going back to bleach, tools, coolers, dismemberment, antlers with flesh, hot tubs, and hotels, I had an idea that we may not have discussed before. Maybe BM killed SM in the house and dragged her outside somewhere to dismember her and placed her in the missing coolers. He then dumps the tools he used in the hot tub with copious amounts of bleach/ chlorine and runs it for a while to clean them. He empties the hot tub scrubs it down and refills it. He brings the bleached tools to the hotel in Broomfield and leaves them on a hotel cart. He may have brought some additional bleach to the hotel. He reexamines the tools to make sure there is no human residue left and wipes them down again with bleach. He then takes a shower and leaves the wet towels on the floor.
The antlers are brought up to the house to either lure in bobcats to shore up his mountain lion theory or to try and mask cadaverine in that location.
It has always bothered me that MG said she still had the tools from the hotel room at her home. I wonder why they weren’t seized by LE?
MOO

Good post I think it’s very possible being he was a true crime junkie I highly doubt he simply buried her in one piece under a tree without making it more difficult to find her body or parts. This is really gross but I think she may have been dismembered and dissolved possibly with a procedure someone posted earlier or some time of acid mixture because he was too confident he wasn’t going to be caught.

I researched quite a while ago and thought that I found several court filings against Barry and his various construction companies.

I believe that Barry went to Suzanne's father a mere two weeks after her disappearance to try to get him to sign something so Barry could sell the Indiana house. Gene refused. Barry made sure that he got his revenge by keeping his daughters away from their grandfather and Suzanne's family.

I wonder if Suzanne changed her mind about selling the Indiana home. Her friends would probably know. Maybe, Suzanne wanted to return to Indiana with or without Barry. He sure took care of that.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members