CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

He thinks he owns her, I mean really, like a car that talks or something. And has a cheating mindset.

2. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Colorado mail-in ballots: How state has perfected its absentee voting
    Barry obviously is unaware how the mail in ballot system works. Did he think that no human would be involved, and that the Morphew name wouldn’t ring a bell?

How signature checks are done
    Colorado voters receive ballots that are specific to where they live, with ballots listing pertinent issues and races for elected offices. A bar code on the return envelope identifies the voter.

When a ballot is returned to a county clerk’s office, the first processing step is to verify the signature on the outside of the envelope by comparing it to the voter’s signature on file with the state’s voter registration system.

3. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

He would have easily bailed out on that charge and maybe fled? idk.
    Now it's an additional charge that he did knowing SM was deceased because he allegedly murdered her.
    That seems more serious than just voting on your spouse's behalf in her absence.
    Which brings to mind.....if the theory of her just running off with another man had any validity then she could have voted on her own.
    eta it's goes to knowledge of BM which helps the circumstantial no body case.
    moo

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  4. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Right. Wow. He knows for sure she wont be absentee voting from Cancun or somewhere.

5. Crimescenetape

Crimescenetape Well-Known Member

I think he has really rubbed some people the wrong way with his narcissistic personality. Those people intend to make sure all the ugly on Barry Morphew is out there. My father's colorful saying fits here: "caught with your pants down." My opinions, and I have many.

6. pseudo_hum

pseudo_hum Well-Known Member

IMO, Not only is BM (not Barry Manilow) in the running for CC lockup push-up champion, he also is a viable candidate for Attorney Scott Reisch's (Crime Talk) "dumb criminal of the week" award. He's on a roll. IMO

7. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I stated several times this CCSO press release always bothered me and I felt it was a big deal for this tight lipped department to come out with. It was very specific. This press release was in Nov 2020, well into the investigation.

In light of recent charges brought against BM for forgery & a ballot offense - was he maybe posing as SM on some of these named social media apps after her disappearance? Perhaps reaching out to a friend of SM or posing as her in some other way to give the appearance she is alive, but walked away from her life and wanted her secret kept?

I know he signed witnessed her ballot, so he wasn't trying to make it look like she was alive, but it made me start thinking back to that press release and tactic I can see him now using. IMO

Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff

8. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

"WAS going to vote for" past tense perhaps?

9. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

I'n thinking they were keeping that charge in their pocket in case he decided to run before they were done dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

RaechelK, max99, mrsu and 28 others like this.
  10. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

11. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

That may have been the game he was playing. Vote on Suzanne’s behalf, portraying a husband who believes his wife is missing and may return. Except, that doesn’t jive with his theory that a mountain lion got her.

Every document he signed on her behalf after her murder, including the guardianship, business, and home sale transactions, are likely fraudulent. He knew she was deceased, and he wanted control of all finances, including Suzanne’s rightful share.

After last night’s unexpected levity, it is very sombering to think of what we will soon read in the AA.

12. Topppps

Topppps Well-Known Member

Today gotta be the day the AA is released.

13. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Good thinking!
    But what would the bail be on that? And could the judge take his passport on that charge because (imo) he would be a flight risk?

14. Melsworld

Melsworld Life is hard, after all it kill you. K Hepburn

I'm working like crazy (obviously right...since I'm reading and posting here :)) to be sure my afternoon is clear to hopefully read and discuss the AA.

15. steeltowngirl

16. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

BBM
    How does this get handled at this point if indeed the documents he signed on her behalf are fraudulent?

17. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

18. steeltowngirl

Great question. It probably can’t be sorted out until after trial, but I really don’t know. Hoping one of the attorneys will address this, maybe after the AA has been dissected, cause this place will be nuts the next few days if it’s released today. @Seattle1 @gitana1 @Alethea

19. payitforward3000

payitforward3000 Well-Known Member

GOOD CATCH!

20. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

Well that’s curious! What the heck? Think they’re getting ready to post the murder AA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.