CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

No worries, no need to search for the link. :) Thanks for your answers.
    It must be that they were allowed to lock the house down because it was declared a potential crime scene, with no certainty about where Suzanne was when she went missing.

And yet they had to get a search warrant because, evidently, BM did not allow a search. If he had allowed a search, they could have been right in there.

Nothing like pointing at finger directly at himself - by not immediately authorising a search of the home. imo
    I wonder what lame reason he gave for that.

Last edited: May 31, 2021

2. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

In more than a few cases I have followed, the "spouse/suspect" had said yes to search, but LE didn't want to do such as could be "pulled" at any time and better for long term/court with a search warrant MOO. I'm not 100% that in this case he denied such due to those cases.

Rolo, TheRaven, IHAVENOCLUE and 22 others like this.
  3. SouthAussie

Oh, okay. Well that is a surprise. I would have thought that in a missing persons case time would have been of the essence, to find any clues.
    Waiting several days for a search warrant (as is said to have happened in this case) could delay finding the missing person, surely.

4. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

Puma Path home and search information:
    On May 20, the Daily Mail published photos of evidence being carried out of Puma Path by CSI.
    “CSI agents carry out evidence bags from $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom after daughters raised alarm when she vanished on Mother's Day - and husband has not been allowed back in the home since she disappeared.
    Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend George Davis, 33.
    The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana. Morphew was pictured leaving the property along with Davis shortly before the CSI investigators arrived to search his home on Tuesday
    .”

IIRC BM voluntarily gave investigators permission to LE to search the home the evening he returned from Broomfield. An initial cursory search was done by LE who responded to the neighbor Jean Ritter’s 911 call. AM stated to PE, BM was staying with a friend and had not been in the home since SM was reported missing.
    “Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there. Barry was very understanding from what I got from George. I know he’s not allowed to go home. He’s at a neighbor’s. I guess they got him there until he’s cleared or…”
    Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

MOO o_O

Rolo, Bailey38, IHAVENOCLUE and 23 others like this.
  5. Leader6518

Leader6518 Well-Known Member

If you read the whole article it hints at the reason Lindsey and others left. That is standard practice in many elected and corporate settings. The new person wants people loyal to them, not the past leader. It generally has nothing to do with their abilities. MOO and experience.

tmar, Bailey38, IHAVENOCLUE and 16 others like this.
  6. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

It's very possible they did a very quick, cursory search of the home immediately which happens in most missing persons cases, but it's always smart to wait for a search warrant for a thorough search, better safe than sorry if evidence needed to be submitted for a trial.
    It's possible right off the bat that their "hinky meters" were going off and they wanted to do everything by the book.
    11 days is an incredible amount of time for a search, and I too have to agree they found some damning evidence at that point in time. Even if it was copious amounts of evidence they would still need to wait to have a very solid case before an arrest with no-body murder. (or wait in general to try to find her body before arrest or trial)
    All MOO

7. Leader6518

Sorry, Seattle1. I responded and then saw you had it covered, as usual. ‍
    ET remove emoji that didn't show up properly.

8. SouthAussie

Thanks. As you read further, you will see that I did understand that. And I was not hinting at any inability of Jeff. I did read the whole article.

9. Leader6518

Laci Peterson case: Prosecutor points to circumstantial evidence - CNN.com.

Remember the tarp in the the Lacy Peterson case? It is not that unreasonable to think a hunter/landscaper could find a place in the mountains to prepare and bury a body where it would never be found. I have felt his hunting buddies could very well provide possible areas to search but I don't think dogs would necessarily be an asset. In the back of my mind, I feel Suzanne could be in a sealed container with chemicals under the landscaping rocks at PP. AMOO

Rolo, IHAVENOCLUE, PaulaDC and 13 others like this.
  10. Leader6518

I was thinking over 100,000. I too, read every page. Even printed most transcripts. I just ran across them and threw them out while reorganizing my office.

ETA, not all was admitted into evidence.

IHAVENOCLUE, DBLG, al66pine and 3 others like this.
  11. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

*wink wink*

LE thought/knew from red flags from the get go this wasn't a "missing person" case?... iykwim, and worked with DA and higher ups in PD to ensure all was by the book? MOO It will be interesting to find the timing of all the search warrants.

As in some other cases here, they SIEZE an article, such as a car or cell phone, but don't SEARCH it until the warrant. MOO

Rolo, Bailey38, IHAVENOCLUE and 17 others like this.
  12. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Nope. That info comes straight from CM.

Bailey38, NWLady, Cindizzi and 10 others like this.
  13. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I've had to buy a bigger salt shaker recently, due to watching that show.

magnetic, Wendyb1063, Rolo and 20 others like this.
  14. Ontario Mom

I like CM, and I certainly appreciate his experience as LE.
    I just wish he'd stick to the facts and leave the speculation, rumors & riddles out of it.

jmo

magnetic, Rolo, NoSI and 25 others like this.
  15. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Anyone think we will see the AA or a ruling on it this coming week?

Bailey38, LaineyJ, TIGER0822 and 8 others like this.
  16. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

This is true like in 2000 when new district attorney Jeanine Pirro in Westchester County, New York, reopened the cold case of the 1982 disappearance of Durst's first wife, Kathie. Durst was never charged, but Pirro refused to rule him out as a suspect. The case has since been declared a homicide

Rolo, Bailey38, IHAVENOCLUE and 7 others like this.
  17. Ontario Mom

Well I sure hope so.
    Legal manuevers are always tricksy, and the defense could use some persuasive argument for keeping it sealed longer.
    But my hope is, it's released this week.
    Today would be good, I'm already planning on leftovers for dinner.
    :)

Rolo, windrower, LaineyJ and 14 others like this.
  18. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

You are right.
    What a red flag.

19. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO s

Sealed request is to delay the impending judgement of his daughters.

20. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

He's a godly man and he'd never do the things they're suggesting.

Except that it's looking like he did.

So there's that.

JMO

Area52, Rolo, Kemug and 28 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.