CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I didn't hear it this way. Melinda expressed a desire to have a statue which was dear to their mother and to Suzanne and really had been abandoned in a public place for anyone to steal or take.

It was left there when they moved from PP. It wouldn't surprise me if it were Barry's idea to leave it where the supposed bike abduction occurred. The girls most probably will never return to that place.

I saw nothing wrong with Chris suggesting that the statue be returned to a family member who would love and cherish it.

This is just my opinion, though.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Brubon, mommame, Puzzles and 40 others like this.

2. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

When the AA is released we'll have some answers.
    I'm curious if LE asked Barry about the coolers at all ?
    And if so --what did he say ?
    "Listen. That is none of your business."
    Or something similar ?
    Was he bristling with annoyance the night he came home (some said in an earlier thread it may have been around 9pm ?), and LE wanted to have a word with him ?
    That would have raised red flags.
    Imo.

3. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

bbm
    I have to agree.
    It'd be nice if someone returned it to Melinda for safe keeping.
    MOO.

4. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

This is also how I interpreted it.

Brubon, CalmSeas, windrower and 21 others like this.
  5. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

5. Neighbor who called 911 went into PP house smelled the strong bleach smell and reported it to police.

6. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Living-Separately?
    @Ontario Mom bbm Afaik, not based on any verified info. Not a crime. The post mentioned it, not to say something some ppl see as morally unfavorable about BM, but to answer why LE immed'ly zeroed in. But nephew's MSM sparked the idea for me.
    @MrsWatson Thx.

OTOH, if BM had been living separately from SM, seems likely to me, soc media posters would have discussed this before now, even before The Interview Room podcaster CM talked about BM's trip to Mexico w unnamed GF. I have not followed case on other forums, so IDK if it has been.
    W BM's arrest & CM's ref to GF, is Living-Separately off limits here? Even if BM lived at PP, he & SM could have been living very separate lives. Sadly.

Brubon, Kemug, IHAVENOCLUE and 12 others like this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

^^rsbm

To be clear, there's never been any evidence that SM/BM ever lived apart in Colorado. This was first speculated only because the family spokesperson would not confirm where SM lived when she was first reported missing.

8. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Yes, perhaps things like ...

House smelled strongly of bleach
    Drapes were still closed
    Carpet was damp

And perhaps even anomolies, like "Suzanne told me once that they never use bleach, they use more natural products like vinegar and baking soda for cleaning".

jakat, Brubon, Puzzles and 20 others like this.
  9. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

IMO Barry not calling LE himself. He was a volunteer firefighter and most likely knew the local number to LE and, if not, he could have quickly looked it up. Instead he had the neighbor make the call.

jakat, Brubon, AnnaGrace and 28 others like this.
  10. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

True. They are not going to have a recorded version of BM's 911 (or other LE) call to play at the trial and show his concern/lack of concern, because he didn't make the call.

magnetic, jakat, Brubon and 27 others like this.
  11. Synergizer Bunny

I never thought that they were not living together. This is my speculation; however, I really think that the hesitancy has to do more with keeping information (that Barry wanted hidden) out of the public eye.

I mean, who told Barry's nephew to start a crowd funding account to raise money? Who told Barry's nephew to identify himself as Suzanne's nephew and not to mention her husband's name or the fact that he was in fact the nephew of Barry and not Suzanne?

Also, how would it go over if that same person told the media that they lived in a $1.6 million home with another $1 million home in Indiana. Yet, they felt a need to ask the public at large for money...

With those facts, I would be hesitant to say where the missing woman lived, too. In fact, you'd think that they would be embarrassed to set up a fund and not use it to search for Suzanne. I would love to know if Andy and his searchers were reimbursed from these funds. If I were a betting person, I would bet that they were not.

JMO.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Traymar, Leader6518, jakat and 39 others like this.
  12. Synergizer Bunny

Or, Barry laying out his entire alibi until he got around to telling them why he was calling...

JMO.

jakat, Rolo, Kemug and 15 others like this.
  13. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

I think he reminds me of Jodi Arias.

Flicka1, Hatch, LietKynes and 3 others like this.
  14. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

His distancing behavior in the early days of Suzanne’s disappearance made him look suspicious: out of town (ostensibly), didn’t call 911, the family spokesman referred to him only as “the husband”, no coordinated press conference with LE, and no coordination with Crime Stoppers on the reward. None of these things in themselves are evidence of murder, but why would he make himself look so bad...on purpose?

jakat, Brubon, AnnaGrace and 27 others like this.
  15. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

BBM I can answer about AM ever receiving funds from the #FindSuzanne GoFunny Money, NO! AM never received a dime from that fund for his huge search he put together. That money wasn’t used by BM either to hunt for his wife bc he never arranged large search parties to hunt for her. At most, maybe 10 people is what LS estimated. MOO

jakat, Brubon, girlhasnoname and 24 others like this.
  16. Error505

“It’s too soon!” BM didn’t have his alibi story precisely memorized yet! He didn’t have his alibi memorized about his movements the 24-48 hours prior to SM missing either. What do y’all think happened when LE asked Barry to go over his Friday and Saturday time he spent with Suzanne? I bet he got tongue-tied! He strings sentences together like a 3rd grader as it is!

Can you imagine his answers under pressure? “It’s too soon to discuss her missing.”
    “Just why the heck don’t you believe me anyway? She was the love of my life!”

MOO BM gave LE lots of reasons to suspect there was something more to the story.

Brubon, jakat, AnnaGrace and 25 others like this.
  17. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Those are some really interesting questions and observations.
    Assuming this goes to trial, won't it be interesting to see what TN has to say, when he's called to testify?

Ssschu, Brubon, Leader6518 and 19 others like this.
  18. Error505

BBM for focus
    SM was afraid of Barry, per Melinda. She says it outloud, no hesitation when asked!

Melinda Moorman “My sister had sent me a text Friday morning before Mother’s Day. It was very lengthy, very powerful, very revealing. She was ready to reveal some things she had been keeping close to her vest.” “Suzanne was scared of Barry”.

Short 2 minute video from Inside Addition.

Brubon, jakat, kkdj and 33 others like this.
  19. ar3593

ar3593 Well-Known Member

Agreed, and maybe there was an argument that ensued because SM said to BM "my father gets paid back first before we use the money for anything else." Which went in a very BAD direction because no one tells Barry what to do! JMOO

jakat, Kemug, MsBetsy and 15 others like this.
  20. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

I’m confused about the subject of Suzanne’s fear. On the Inside Edition interview, she said that Suzanne was scared, but on The Interview Room she says Suzanne was not scared. This is concerning. The defense puts her on the stand, replays these interviews and then calls her unreliable. I suppose the written content of the text is what really matters.

Brubon, jakat, Niner and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.