CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Yes, here BM needed support to obtain money, 'his main priority in life', no matter what he needs to do, to get his greedy hands on it.

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I would think they are livid that they were fooled into believing BM's story and spending all that time searching for his missing wife, now that they know he was lying from the beginning. Some of them may have suspected him long before he was arrested, though.

3. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

I agree. Just as in the Stauch case when LS constantly changed her story to fit with each new piece of evidence, I believe BM did the same.

Sunny123, Traymar, elliefant and 34 others like this.
  4. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

This may have been discussed, I haven’t caught up.
    First date that pops out at me, July 9th. Isn’t that the date of the second search warrant at the home?

Sunny123, TKG, 10ofRods and 13 others like this.
  5. IRBHTX

IRBHTX I'd Rather Be Hiking

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2021
    Rolo, jakat, al66pine and 8 others like this.
  6. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Please pardon the interruption. I may need assistance in clarifying because this pertains to way back at the beginning. Not at all sleuthing the 400 tours gentleman soldier VFF. However, he's been mentioned in AM interviews and/or LS videos.

The 400 tours guy who had an older model Jeep was in Andy's search party. He's the one who broke away from the group without offering an explanation. I don't recall where he went.

Isn't he also the same guy BM moved in with initially when CCSD blocked the Morphew home almost immediately?

Is he the same fellow who stated Barry was pacing the floors peering out the windows? Someone posited via speculation a couple of weeks ago that perhaps he may be an Ace in the Hole for the DA.

When did Barry leave his buddy's place to move into the Poncha Springs condo?

The point of all of this is:
    Did BM ever spend another night at PP home after reporting Suzanne missing? TIA

7. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

I think he did monitor Suzanne in death as well as when she was alive. IMO the trail cams were set up to watch the searchers so he could monitor anybody who got too close. The dead giveaway was the slinging of a shotgun over his shoulder. That was a hostile and intimidating act to those people who were searching for his dead wife.

His mask has fallen off.

JMO

8. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

Love this post!!

I’m always amazed at these egomaniacs who are so certain no one will suspect them. They all have that same lack of self-awareness and are shocked when the cuffs go on.

Blue Amethyst, jakat, ar3593 and 24 others like this.
  9. TKG

TKG “Hope is not a strategy”

Agreed. BM is the epitome of myriad terrible adjectives but I also believe SM was looking forward to the move. She picked the home and the furniture. I think their reasons for the excitement were vastly different. IMO SM hoped that "new" was synonymous with "fresh start".

I also believe that GM found BM's request for guardianship more than irksome. I believe she wanted the house sold, they did make numerous price reductions in an effort to make the sale. I think this added financial pressure that became an albatross. When GM reached out to BM for the actual money they owed him (100k) and drawing up a promissory note, BM responded with something along the lines of "what's the matter Gene, you don't trust me? Talk to SM about it". Low and behold it ended up being repaid. I don't think the relationship was ever whole between GM & SM and IMO BM used that wedge as a way to keep control. Always pushing the narrative of not trustworthy and other names that would trigger hard memories and feelings for SM.

BM is a master manipulator. He's has decades of experience and has always come out "ahead". No longer will his suntan and fancy cars impress people, or frighten people. <modsnip>

As always, MOO

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2021
    Chocoholic, Rolo, elliefant and 23 others like this.
  10. TKG

TKG “Hope is not a strategy”

Right?? He'd ask for money but didn't have the decency to call ANYONE in her family when she tragically went missing?? Hello red flags....

11. jondaba

jondaba On Time Out

IMHO - the Judge did not seal the arrest affidavit because it made BM look innocent.
    It would seem he has two considerations in mind. First, the Judge knows that Eitan & Nielsen are watching his every move and are ready to pounce on any slight legal misstep. So he is taking every precaution not to provide any grounds for appeal.
    What the Judge pointedly is protecting the daughters from may well be nightmarish. It would be cruel to publicly parade their tragedy before the world if it can be delayed or avoided.
    Lets our sympathy reign in our burning desire to have been right all along.

12. iQuill

iQuill Well-Known Member

I totally agree. As much as I want to know what is in the AA, I think we need to trust that the Judge knows what needs to happen ... and when... I will keep impatiently waiting. Moo

Chocoholic, NoSI, elliefant and 20 others like this.
  13. Ninja Bunny

Ninja Bunny Well-Known Member

Colorado is a one-party consent state so Barry does not have to be informed he’s being recorded. The only requirement is that the person recording has to be a participant in the conversation. I don’t think they have to inform him they’re police, they can lie like rugs to try to get him to talk. What they can’t do is pretend to be a lawyer and lead him to falsely believe he could speak freely under attorney-client privilege.

14. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Just a small correction... She never signed the ballot.

per my notes:
    The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office was notified by the Chaffee County Clerk of a report of alleged voter fraud. They had received an election voter ballot for a missing person, Suzanne Morphew, who had been missing since May 2020. The clerk provided the ballot to be photographed and taken as evidence. On the back of the ballot envelope, there was no signature next to the voter signature, but Barry Lee Morphew signed the witness’s signature. The offenses occurred between October 22, 2020 & May 13, 2021.

on post #120 here:
    CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Rolo, NoSI, Blue Amethyst and 18 others like this.
  15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

So he witnessed her not signing it. How does one claim to see a person signing their signature when they're not there? Good one, Barry.

Oh, that's right, he thought you could do that for your wife.

Chocoholic, Rolo, NoSI and 25 others like this.
  16. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

Also, the less activity by Barry, and the more by others....in his mind, this is about "we" not "me"....blending in....strength in numbers, etc...In the Tyler tape...it was all about "we" and "our team"....Barry wants to project that he is just one of the players....not the player.

Chocoholic, Rolo, TIGER0822 and 24 others like this.
  17. Scootie98

I would be interested to know just how much time LE actually questioned BM. We know it wasn't 30 hours. We also know that at some point he either lawyered up and stopped talking...or just stopped talking. A deputy alluded to his "lack of cooperation" in talking to Andy....but I am curious just how much or how little Barry participated in an interview. His interview responses are going to be a critical piece of prosecution evidence. If he lied to Andy, Lauren, etc...then he also had to lie to LE.

Chocoholic, Rolo, Flicka1 and 13 others like this.
  18. Scootie98

I alluded to this previously but can't locate my comments about it: The chlorine purchase. How much chlorine does it take to clean a hot tub? Where is the rest of the chlorine that Barry purchased after he "cleaned the hot tub"? If you need 2 pounds for example...from a 50 pound bag....where are the other 48 pounds? Kind of like....where are the coolers that should be in the garage or storage areas? IOW....the absence of physical evidence that should exist is evidence as well.

19. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

He has 2 sisters.

20. DetectiveFoyleWannabe

DetectiveFoyleWannabe Well-Known Member

Yes. In fact. The rules of evidence will allow ANY statement by Barry to Anyone to be admissible so long as the person to whom Barry spoke is there to testify. I’m expecting there to be an army of those kinds of witnesses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.