CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

True, Tyson didn’t turn off a camera when asked, but then he wasn’t obligated to turn it off. As far as character goes, it’s not like Tyson murdered anyone.

2. 10ofRods

10ofRods On Time Out

I'm trying to imagine what the defense would do with Mr. Darden - probably have a field day.

Great questions.

I can't think of a single thing in that video that would be needed at trial.

3. 10ofRods

10ofRods On Time Out

Thank you SO much for going into this with thoroughness. My takeaway is that even without a Miranda warning, if Barry talked to LE, it's admissible (but could be challenged on appeal).

Does it make a difference if what Barry said was not a confession? I mean, what if he just stated a bunch of things that can be shown to be untrue? ("never had a cooler," then cooler is plainly seen on some CCTV or something).

If Barry did outright incriminate himself in some way, during his interrogation, might the Court disallow that?

Error505, CGray123, OldCop and 9 others like this.
  4. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

I have considered this possibility too, not related to the text sent to MM, but now that makes sense too, but when police asked for people that have spoken to SM on the social apps to come forward I suspected that was directed at a male friend. I truly don't think that makes SM a bad person in any way. I think her marriage was in shambles, BM was probably cheating, she was planning to leave, she was probably very lonely. Regardless, its not an excuse to murder someone or a reason to be murdered. Jmo

5. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

@10ofRods A good question.:) I watched the vid only back when TD did podcast, so I need to watch the vid again to refresh my memory of BM's &TD's stmts.

Error505, Murphy1950, Flicka1 and 3 others like this.
  6. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

When I tried to share the link here, it didn't show the words 'uncut/unedited' which are there under the video.

Actually, I don't see why the prosecution would use the video, either. There doesn't seem to be much there. Just my opinion.

Ugh, not getting my messages across. I think I need a nap today. :eek:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    AnnaGrace, Error505, Rolo and 7 others like this.
  7. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

The only value of the video is if it shows inconsistency. If Barry has held firm in his interviews with LE there really isn't anything new and the video has less value. The only inconsistency that I'm aware of that is publicly available is the error of omission in the timeline that he "confessed" to Lauren. If there is anything else publicly available to cite that contradicts what was said in the video I'm all ears (or eyes).

kimpage, Rolo, genuineusa77 and 6 others like this.
  8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything either. I think BM would have been consistent with what he told LE when he spoke to Tyson, as far as the time he left and the "plan" for the day.

9. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

10. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I think the one thing that the TD video did was reinforce what many were already thinking. First came the 26 second plea, which raised a lot of eyebrows. Hinkometers went off. Then Barry chats up a random stranger, supplying him with details and matter of factly discussing his wife’s abduction by a predatory animal, along with his buddy’s 400 tours. I doubt any of it will be part of the court proceedings, but I don’t think Barry did himself any favors with LE by talking to TD.
    Could LE have asked questions that came about based on Barry’s discussion with TD? Barry seemed to have a lot of theories and maybe LE used the essence of that to grill Barry? Would Barry tell them he was lying to a guy, or would he defend his statements on the record? More than one way to skin the Cat.

11. Ericthered

Ericthered Well-Known Member

Tyson was not asked to turn anything off, just to “put it away.” The Colorado laws will allow this to come into evidence, and I am 100% confident that this video will be pivotal with regards to what Barry told LE and what he states in this video. There’s a reason Tyson was receiving threats once he posted it. LE watched this like it was a million dollar lottery being announced, you can bet this will be introduced and pivotal. Especially when Barry says “I’ve been cleared.” When he hadn’t. And, he stated he last saw Suzanne at 5am asleep, but in the Tyson video he says he spoke with her.

12. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

For me, the most telling part of the TD video is when BM begins to describe how the bike landed in the ravine. Remember how BM abruptly stopped and changed the subject?

"Let me show you what happened."

crhedBngr, NWLady, AnnaGrace and 30 others like this.
  13. TKG

TKG “Hope is not a strategy”

We may we dealing with creme of the crap here. TD was instrumental in getting people involved and keeping the case in the public eye. Not sure either is of stellar character, it's just which is worse? Definitely BM, we know he only lies if his lips are moving.

14. TKG

TKG “Hope is not a strategy”

Exactly, when he arrived the bike was no longer down there. How did he know?
    Pants on fire.

15. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Where sunbeams shine

Hahaha ... I love the little spoiler alerts. I dont know how you do them, but they are great. :D

16. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Where sunbeams shine

I think LE will have a heck of a lot more proof than a conversation with TD.
    They can't throw every little thing into the trial for fear of losing the attention of the jury. There is a thing called TMI. Keep it as concise as you can, have good proof, and hit hard.
    So unless there is something crucial in there, it will be evident that BM lied about a lot of things when they prove that he is a killer.

imo

17. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I assumed when he got there at 9 someone told him and that is what he claimed from then on.

*Verdigris, Flicka1, al66pine and 4 others like this.
  18. IRBHTX

IRBHTX Well-Known Member

Creme of the crap? LOL Gonna have to borrow that one

19. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I want to buy @TKG a drink for that one.

20. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I may be misunderstanding what type of lying on the part of LE you’re talking about but LE lie to suspects all the time. They tell them they have witnesses, evidence that doesn’t exist, information they don’t really have, etc. Miranda should be read, understood and acknowledged before every interview. I don’t believe LE can lie and misrepresent who they are. They can’t tell a suspect they’re an attorney or otherwise portray themselves as anyone other than LE. They can’t make empty promises, such as, “Tell me what happened and we’ll let you go home,” or “If you’re honest, we won’t prosecute.”

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.