CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Yes, IIRC, when LE had the house under a search warrant there were people (LE) photographed coming to and from with what appeared like bagged evidence. I think they removed a considerable amount of potential evidence from the home and maybe some from the property as well.

Pics in below article.
    Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online

Many of you have pointed out that specific date range. It's hard to ignore the end date matching the reported sale of the PP home. That is interesting.

Right now, I'm thinking he owned a weapon that was not legal in CO and they recovered it during another search and charged him with it. Like they would have anything else that was illegal to have. He probably owned many firearms. I don't think this was the murder weapon, but anything is possible. IMO

Chocoholic, jakat, windrower and 14 others like this.

2. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

He could have very likely done that. IMO it was all about money. He couldn't give up the lifestyle he was accustomed to. Lack of money us the root of all evil, too. It was easier to get rid of Suzanne.

3. Anyone else think the dates on Count 2 are indicative of firm evidence, hence the tight timeline on the count of tampering? Wonder what they have? It has been proposed that he moved the body around. He certainly moved that bobcat around.
    Screenshot_20210611-151407_(1).png

4. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I think they might have found it when searching and checked to see if it was registered in Colorado. When it wasn’t they just added it to the list of charges.

jakat, Flicka1, al66pine and 4 others like this.
  5. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

But then what happens to the evidence of “premeditation”? I think BM left a forensic financial trail! MOO

6. Not advocating for 2nd degree, just attempting to explain CO law. I have no doubts he should and will be convicted of 1st degree murder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2021
  7. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

What kind of financial trail do you suspect would add up to premeditation? You aren’t suggesting he hired someone or are you? I more think they will use the low threshold that he could have stopped. I think there are too many reasonable answers to the move to Colorado and the subsequent actions after Suzanne went missing but that is just my thoughts in bouncing off potential prosecutor line and potential defense rebuttal.

jakat, Flicka1, al66pine and 2 others like this.
  8. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

My mistake.
    She did get arrested before he was found for a no body case.

9. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

RSBM
    If Barry was any kind of decent man, he wouldn't have killed their mother.

Flurries, Kemug, Rolo and 32 others like this.
  10. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

You go girl!

al66pine, Flicka1, carolmaria and 7 others like this.
  11. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

Asking about if he did drill a well is very astute! Great posts.

jakat, OldCop, al66pine and 10 others like this.
  12. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if those trail cameras were set up so BM could keep an eye on anyone who might approach the area where Suzanne (or evidence) was disposed.

Because it is known that killers can return to the scene of the disposal, just to check that all is still covered up. Not dug up by animals, or revealed due to weather conditions such as heavy rain or high winds.

BM may not have wanted to return there in person as he may have suspected that he was being watched.

And he may have wanted to keep Suzanne and/or evidence close, so he could regularly monitor the site. (Until he could get out of Dodge.)

TIGER0822, jakat, ar3593 and 20 others like this.
  13. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I just watched a 20/20 episode (original air date 2016) of the Dominique Leili murder case. The two youngest daughters were conditioned by their father to think that their mother was to blame for everything; and they subsequently followed their father's instruction of putting out a YouTube video disparaging other family members. They firmly believed that their father was innocent.

I don't know what they think now; however, I do believe that they have reunited with their older half-sister who always believed that her stepfather was guilty of killing her mother. I mention this particular case, because I was thinking of the the possible dynamics in the Morphew household.

Here's a link to information in the Leili case.
    Dominique Leili Murder Case: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Rolo, TIGER0822, jakat and 24 others like this.
  14. fcavanaugh

fcavanaugh Well-Known Member

<modsnip>
    IMO, BM is so arrogant he thought that he was going to control the narrative every step of the way and everything he said/told LE would be believed. He never thought his story/timeline would be checked so thoroughly with a fine tooth comb, thought he could outsmart everyone including LE, Suzanne would quickly be forgotten and he would get away with it.

BM may be an expert hunter and tracker, too bad his arrogance and stupidity got in the way of him covering his own tracks. That is, too bad for him, but good for LE/DA and most importantly, justice for Suzanne.

IMO, no matter which strategy his defense team goes with, LE has evidence that proves BM is NOT a victim, that Suzanne IS the victim of his heinous, heartless crime.
    IMO, their daughters and Suzanne’s siblings are traumatized victims via collateral damage of their beautiful, loving Mother and Sister be taken from them and disposed of in a cold, callous, heartless manner by their own Father and BIL.

My plea to BM- spare your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings the agony of a trial, just come clean and tell everyone where Suzanne’s remains are if for no other reason than to give your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings some semblance of peace and opportunity to lay her to rest properly with the dignity and respect she deserves.
    Unrealistic? Probably, but hey, a girl can dream.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
    #BringSuzanneHome
    #JusticeForSuzanne

YaYa_521, BethSpirit, Rolo and 34 others like this.
  15. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Suzanne’s sister has a new article in the mountain mail sharing her story. It’s behind a paywall, but maybe someone has access to it? If I am able to read it, am I allowed to give a synopsis of it here? Or is it against TOS?

16. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TIGER0822, jakat, al66pine and 10 others like this.
  17. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

1000 likes!

TIGER0822, jakat, al66pine and 12 others like this.
  18. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Exactly, it all goes together, the selfishness, the me-first-ness, the it's all mine-ness.

19. O.Incandenza

O.Incandenza Well-Known Member

To me that's consistent with them finding evidence that she was killed in the house, but not finding her body there. Presumably LE entered the house on the 10th, however briefly. So if they believe she was killed in the house on the 9th or the 10th, they can also charge him with tampering because he had to have moved her body prior to their entry.

Rolo, Chocoholic, TIGER0822 and 20 others like this.
  20. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I believe that you are allowed to paraphrase the salient content of the article if you provide the link.
    Just put it in your own words ... do not copy/paste any of it (other than what the unsubscribed public can see of it), because that creates a copyright breach.

We are allowed to do that on other threads, as per the mods.

Suzanne Morphew's older sister shares her story

I notice that the article has a little bit at the beginning of the article that the unsubscribed public can see.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    TIGER0822, jakat, MsBetsy and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.