CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

You are not alone in your thinking.

2. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I believe Suzanne indeed had a role in that wedding, and that the Zoom began well in advance of the actual "walk down the aisle" moment. Therefore, I think the friend tried to call Suzanne, and when she couldn't reach her, she called one of the daughters and, perhaps, Barry. So the daughters would have panicked, knowing that their mother would not miss this event.

Was Barry not answering his phone during this period? Did his texts not read as "delivered"? (If he turned his phone off or was in a remote area, they would not be marked delivered.

We still do not know if the daughters ever arrived at Puma Path that day. Did dad warn them off somehow? Were they that late. (i.e., after 10 pm?)

I wonder if the initial plan was for the daughters (and Barry) to attend the wedding as well?

Tarika, Melsworld, Rolo and 26 others like this.
  3. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Actually, it sounds like JP is telling LS that he did lay eyes on BM at JP’s workplace (DSI) around “ lunchtime or 1:00-2:00” getting the bucket fixed on his bobcat. Then he says that weeks later the owner of the Spa and Stove store told him that BM was in there buying some things “ Saturday evening.. 4:00 or 5:00 or 6:00”.

At 28:00

If you set the playback speed to 0.75x it’s easier to understand. JMO

Tarika, Woodberry, Rolo and 31 others like this.
  4. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

Thank you, I've not yet watched LS's interview with JP.

I think the point you made at the end is a very good one. Barry seems to be a "Cash" type of guy. It will be very interesting to see if BM generally paid for all of his purchases (large or small) in cash or with credit.

#FollowTheMoney

Tarika, Flicka1, TIGER0822 and 18 others like this.
  5. osu

osu Well-Known Member

In his interview with Lauren Scharf, Jeff Puckett stated that BLM was at Salida Stove and Spa the afternoon of Saturday, May 9th buying cleaning supplies/chlorine. Jeff Puckett said he’d also confirmed with the spa store owners that BLM was there that Saturday afternoon.

Hot Tubs, Fireplaces, Swim Spas and Grills Are Our Specialty!

JMO

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    Tarika, Rolo, Flicka1 and 23 others like this.
  6. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

If the bride was the daughter of Suzanne's best friend I am sure the girls would have grown up with her and have an interest in the wedding too. Guests would also be people they knew .So did they watch it virtually?

I agree that if the conversation ended suddenly and after repeated attempts to contact her, then I am sure the daughters and Barry would have been contacted. The friend must have worried that Suzanne could have been taken ill .

Tarika, Rolo, Flicka1 and 29 others like this.
  7. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

Hats off to LE for locking it down immediately. I'm not sure BM believed anyone would challenge his "theories".

BM thought he could fast talk and impress them into believing what he had to say. IMO he never thought this would garner as much attention as it has.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2021
    Tarika, Woodberry, Rolo and 33 others like this.
  8. O.Incandenza

O.Incandenza Well-Known Member

I've always wondered whether the 'bobcat misunderstanding' is actually more about timing rather than what Barry had done to the bobcat. Maybe LE confronted him with the story of SM abruptly ending communication with her friend at 12:30 on Saturday, and he told them he was in town getting the bobcat repaired at that time. But his phone data showed him at home? Or something like that.

His actual quote to LS was "It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat..." So maybe the bobcat isn't involved because it was used to hide her body, but because he tried to use the repair job that JP talks about as another alibi once LE started focusing in on Saturday.

Or maybe both, if he killed her during that 11-1 window and then immediately went to get mechanical work done on the bobcat, he might have had later plans for it.

Lyanna, Tarika, Rolo and 25 others like this.
  9. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

My thought is that the window of time BM disposed of SM's remains was between the time the noise was heard at the construction site and until 4am when he called MG to discuss the job. My guess is that the event happened on Saturday and he disposed of her under cover of darkness on Saturday night. He scrambled together the job alibis and called MG at 4am to tell her to get the crew together, then he either headed home or straight to Salida. On another note BM could have fairly easily impersonated SM on the phone by reading her other texts, and copying (verbally or copy and pasting) and adapting them to the conversation.

Tarika, Rolo, Flicka1 and 22 others like this.
  10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I think that’s possible, but I’m bothered by Barry leaving for the Broomfield job as early as he did. There has to be a nefarious reason for that, and I believe that reason was to dispose of a Suzanne’s body.

That just makes the most sense to me.

Sunny123, Lyanna, Tarika and 49 others like this.
  11. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

That theory makes a lot of sense as the drive time (3 hours) more closely matches the timeframe AM suggested that BM had for disposing of the remains.

Lyanna, Tarika, Rolo and 19 others like this.
  12. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

And if SM had finally texted Melinda on Friday about her marriage, imagine what the best friend knew and for how long.

Leader6518, Lyanna, Tarika and 34 others like this.
  13. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

Great insight. I think you are spot-on.

BM, like most liars, no doubt had a helluva time keeping his stories straight. I think we are going to see some epic inconsistencies from his 3 - 30 hour interviews.

Lyanna, Tarika, Melsworld and 34 others like this.
  14. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

I wonder if BM adopted his cash only policy while feeding on true crime - to leave less of a criminal footprint.
    I wonder how long this has been his mode of payment.
    Wondering if the 129 pages include previous uncovered crimes which will shock the daughters, hence the sealed affidavit.

Tarika, Rolo, Puzzles8 and 17 others like this.
  15. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

Best friends forever share stuff about their lives. Best friend will be the star witness and will sink Barry. Best friend knows a lot.

16. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

I think JP is reliable. He knew how long Barry worked on his bobcat at JP's company DMI, and he knew Barry bought chlorine at Stove and Spa and the approximate time he bought it. JP seems to have done a bit of investigative work of his own. He should be a member at WS. Another star witness at the trial.

More than likely Barry did pay for everything in cash. Well, at least the stuff he wanted to hide from the world. He failed. A lot.

Tarika, Puzzles8, Flicka1 and 17 others like this.
  17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, apparently the friend tried relentlessly to get in touch with Suzanne, and never heard back from Barry either. I think that's why she would have contacted LE as soon as she heard Suzanne was missing. I've always wondered if Suzanne confided in her about some of their problems during that conversation, and Barry knew about it. I think the activity on Suzanne's FB that night had something to do with his snooping around and reading or maybe deleting messages. Imo

Tarika, Rolo, Kittybunny and 24 others like this.
  18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, I still think Barry hid the body in a remote location between Salida and Broomfield. I don't think it's under a tree he planted, on his property, or at the beach jobsite. I don't think he ever moved it, either. Imo

Tarika, Melsworld, Rolo and 26 others like this.
  19. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

Late night thoughts. I’m wondering if Suzanne’s best friend didn’t call LE on Sunday after the wedding. If SM was to have a part doing a reading, her BFF knows SM wouldn’t just skip taking part virtually in the important wedding. She had to have known SMs secrets, no way she didn’t. They've described each other as sisters on social media. She was also the one who did the 50th birthday video LS shared. If she called LE just out of concern, I’m sure LE kept a record of that call. Maybe that’s why Spezze locked the house down that very night. He also had forewarned the VFFs they could not be involved in the search and rescue efforts immediately. I thought that was strange too. Spezze was on to BM the very first night. EBM added link to video BFF made for SM which was shared by LS on twitter
    At the end of this video, notice the TICK TOCK sound at the very end. She knew!

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1389289094191198210?s=21
    Night everyone, :) MOO

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Lyanna, Tarika, Woodberry and 48 others like this.
  20. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

I had the idea way back in the beginning, that the texting with the BFF was very important to the timeline and important overall. I had the thought that when the communication abruptly stopped, the BFF, knowing Suzanne's situation, was on the phone to LE very quickly when she found out Suzanne had gone missing.

MOO

Leader6518, Lyanna, Tarika and 27 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.