CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Tarika, NWLady, marylamby and 13 others like this.

2. fcavanaugh

fcavanaugh Well-Known Member

RBBM
    Yes, BM called MG at 4:00-4:30am Sunday morning to get the crew together last minute, and my guess is his truck EVI showed him on the road at that time heading out of town. Thinking back to Andy’s comment, (paraphrased), “you can’t be rambling down the road at 4:00-4:30am texting/calling your employee and at home seeing your wife in bed at 5:00am”.
    IMO, this is the truck EVI not matching up with BM’s statements/timeline he gave to LE info that CBI told Andy about. There may very well be other instances that his truck EVI didn’t match up with his statements to LE, but since we’re talking about the Sunday early morning call to MG, this is what I picture the convo with LE *might* have gone down like or similar to:

LE: When’s the last time you spoke to and saw Suzanne?
    BM: I spoke to my wife Saturday night before we went to bed, we went to sleep/slept all night. I saw my wife sleeping in bed at 5:00am right before leaving the house to go to work in Broomfield.
    LE: So you and Suzanne spoke Saturday night before bed, slept all night and you never went anywhere until you left the house at 5:00am to head to Broomfield for work? And you’re sure it was 5:00am when you left?
    And you didn’t talk to anyone that early morning, not Suzanne or anyone else?
    BM: Yes, that’s correct officer.

LE then examines BM Truck EVI and shows him on the road at 4-4:30am, lie #1. Then they get Morgan’s phone and see the 4-4:30am call, lie #2.. (exactly why BM didn’t want her to cooperate and turn her phone over to LE) IMO, The lies and inconsistencies pile on from there throughout Barry’s 3-30 hour interviews with LE.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
    #BringSuzanneHome
    #JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  3. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Agree. Probably not due to cameras.
    Car GPS is a second problem, if it records stopping even for a minute.

MOO a Range Rover without GPS was available in the driveway, so a non camera route with that vehicle might be a possible solution to BMs problem.

4. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Just that since the judge has strong personal feelings about the
    AA probably everyone one in justice and council do too.

TIGER0822, Chelly, al66pine and 5 others like this.
  5. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

I agree. The BFF conversations have always been a stickler as far as when they ended “abruptly”. I believe SM held text conversations with her normally all day on Friday and then they signed off for the night at some point. Since the BFF was two hours ahead of SM due to the time difference, she probably always waited a bit before texting SM in the mornings. I think she began texting SM on Saturday morning sometime after 9:00 CO time and this was one of the things that made BM anxious. I think SM was already dead. He knew he had to respond or the BFF might blow his manufactured timeline. After all, SM couldn’t be reported missing on Saturday!
    He hurriedly called off work, went home and tried to text the BFF using SM’s phone and pretending to be her. It was not long before the BFF would realize that something was off. She may have asked if everything was all right or said SM didn’t sound right. It would be at that point that BM would end the conversation. He may have said, “I’ll call you back later” or some such thing. When the BFF never got a call back, couldn’t reach her, and SM never signed on for the zoom wedding the next day, she knew something was very wrong.
    Imagine how angry BM must be at the BFF? In his narcissistic mind it was the BFF’s fault that everything fell apart. MOO

Sunny123, Tarika, Daisyeve and 34 others like this.
  6. pseudo_hum

pseudo_hum Well-Known Member

IMO, I agree that this is certainly a good possibility. But I wonder about decomposition scent. My understanding in a 2-4 window after death a dog can detect; so where was SM? And why didn't the dog(s) detect it?

Tarika, Rolo, Chocoholic and 7 others like this.
  7. OldCop

Yes! See my post down thread which I wrote before seeing yours.
    ETA. I am in the habit of writing that I think SM was killed Friday night as opposed to Saturday night when I should be saying I think she was killed early Saturday morning.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Sunny123, Melsworld, Rolo and 23 others like this.
  8. OldCop

Or an ATV delivering that body to the back forty in the wee hours of Sunday morning?

Sunny123, Daisyeve, Rolo and 25 others like this.
  9. O.Incandenza

O.Incandenza Well-Known Member

The only issue I have with this theory is that it would mean that LE must know the time of the murder fairly exactly if it happened early Saturday morning and they didn't include 5/8 in the date range for the charge. And yet they also included 5/10, which suggests that they don't have an exact time of death determined. The 5/9-5/10 range implies to me that they have some solid proof that SM was alive on Saturday morning and was dead by Sunday morning, but can't definitively narrow it down more than that.

Tarika, Melsworld, Rolo and 21 others like this.
  10. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

100% agree! I am in the same camp. I imagine on Sunday after she allowed her daughter's wedding to happen and the celebrations began, she was alarmed enough to contact LE. Possibly the daughter that got married reached out to MM1 and MM2 to ask about their mom? Then they began the frenzied attempt at reaching her too?

Tarika, EggSalad, Chocoholic and 11 others like this.
  11. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Oh I agree, but it’s the damn conversation supposedly continuing into the early afternoon on Saturday that’s throwing this whole thing.

His behavior at the job site makes the most sense to me if Suzanne is already dead at that point.

They’ve got the murder happening between Saturday and Sunday though, and I think they’d likely include Friday if there was any chance she could have been killed that early.

This just doesn’t fit cleanly yet.

Sunny123, Tarika, crhedBngr and 30 others like this.
  12. OldCop

Early Saturday morning would be May 9th. (Anytime after midnight on Friday.)

Sunny123, Melsworld, Rolo and 27 others like this.
  13. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Do y’all think Barry was smart enough to plan/preplan using a vehicle without EVI for getting Suzanne out of the house and to wherever she is? I can understand him leaving his phone at home, but was he even aware which vehicles had EVI?

14. OldCop

WE don’t have enough pieces to put this puzzle together yet. Dang. :cool:

15. MassGuy

No, I just don’t see it, which is weird considering it appears he thwarted efforts to track his location somehow.

I honestly don’t even see him googling that information.

There’s gotta be something we don’t know about going on here.

Sunny123, Tarika, crhedBngr and 33 others like this.
  16. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

If someone put Suzanne elsewhere (outside the house/yard) within 3 hours of her death, the dogs likely wouldn't have hit in the house.

Really, I think that if Suzanne were immediately put into a cooler and that cooler was filled with and rinsed on the outside with bleach before being put into a truck (and the truck was also splashed down with bleach), there might not be a hit by a cadaver dog. I don't think a trained cadaver dog was on scene on Sunday, btw (they had sniffer dogs IMO).

If Suzanne's body was moved from the premises almost immediately to an unknown location and not on any trail, when they did bring cadaver dogs to the house, they wouldn't have found anything, IMO. The dogs need to be very well trained to perform this duty. I do believe they took them around the property sometime in the first 10 days - and to the Salida job site, and to the new lot that Barry had purchased. We heard that there were "hits" so...I don't know what that means. Cadaver dogs are supposed to only hit on human cadaverine. But we know very little about their training and the circumstances under which they did their sniffing.

Could the dogs have hit on Barry's truck and we just don't know about it? Did they really hit at the Salida jobsite or is that rumor? Did they even bring dogs to the hotel?

I personally do not believe Suzanne was killed inside the house. I do think that Barry was worried about his own self smelling of cadaverine, or some implement that he used, hence all the bleach. He may have worried needlessly if he put Suzanne in an airtight container of some sort, and did it quickly (but did he move it again?)

Those of you who think he planned this in advance and had a hole already dug somewhere may actually be right, in the end. And those of us who think he did go on a hike with Suzanne that day may also be right.

17. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Bbm regarding BM's odd behavior on Saturday am, as described by MG:
    It has been mentioned that BM may have been monitoring Suzanne's phone conversations. (If she had been getting out of line, a definite possibility, if he could)

Could he have been able to see who she was talking to and read her texts in real time?

That could explain the unsettled state described by MG.
    ?????
    Techy info needed.
    All speculation.

Rolo, nyvictoria, swedeheart and 19 others like this.
  18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think if he and Suzanne began arguing on Friday night, that could explain his behavior at the jobsite on Saturday.

Tarika, Rolo, branmuffin and 14 others like this.
  19. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

She could have had contact late Friday evening/night with the girls, we know she did Friday morning with Melinda, that would probably clear Friday for L/E. If the girls had a specific time they usually called, say 9pm and she answered Friday but not Saturday, that could have led to Sundays panic, along with the BFF.

20. MassGuy

It does, and that’s what I believe must have been going on. I simply can’t discount what Andy said about Suzanne’s communications that Saturday, so that’s the explanation I’m going with as well.

I actually think he had already decided to murder her as he stood at that job site.
    It doesn’t fit cleanly, as @OldCop pointed out, but it does fit with this:

“Last minute he changed everything. In fact, he called me that Sunday – Mother’s Day – and was really frantic, really didn’t sound like himself,” Gentile said. “I hung up the phone and I thought he just had the worst night of his life.”

Still, Gentile agreed to pick up Jeffrey Puckett and head to Broomfield.

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Sunny123, Leader6518, Tarika and 40 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.