CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

Could it be possible Suzanne and bff were video chatting on Saturday and bff saw and heard Barry doing whatever he was doing, like getting ready to kill Suzanne? Suzanne had a part in the wedding on Sunday and I assume it was going to be a video thing.

I do a lot of zoom chatting with friends and family because I live far away from them. Suzanne lived far away from her Indiana family and friends, so I wonder if she did the same.

waldojabba, EggSalad, BOSCOE and 10 others like this.

2. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

The staged bike seems key. What was Barry’s plan? Why did he buy that bike?

EggSalad, MsBetsy, BOSCOE and 6 others like this.
  3. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

What bike? Do we know the bike that was found was not Suzanne’s usual bike? Barry would know which bike was Suzanne’s if in fact he planted a bike in the ravine. A stranger might not know.

Tarika, jakat, marylamby and 3 others like this.
  4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

What if he had cameras inside the house and monitored her (listening in as well) and he heard her discussions with friends ? I have ring on my phone and I can listen and see everything when I’m away as long as the cameras are plugged in. If she was discussing something he didn’t like - he would know.
    Also of note - there has been no change in the guardianship - he is still her guardian
    Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

It would appear he has handled every last asset she had in her own name …IMO

Tarika, Rolo, NWLady and 29 others like this.
  5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, according to Suzanne's brother, Barry did have one. He said when he was younger BM could carry an elk on his back for a couple of miles, so imagine how far he could get with an ATV.

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think it was CM who said that he heard Barry went to a bike shop and bought an old bike and "may" have used it for parts. It never made much sense to me, though.

7. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

I should have made myself more clear, but it was too late to edit my post. I don't believe he bought the bike to use for parts on Suzanne's bike. My thought is because he told MG he was going home to make the wife happy by hiking or biking, he had biking on his mind. Here was a bike he could ride with her and cause her to have an 'accident' and cause her to lose her life.

The problem with this is she went to the bike shop on Thursday, I think. Was there something wrong with her bike that she couldn't ride it? Was her bike in the shop to be fixed?

I just don't think the Broomfield alibi was part of his original plan, either. He screwed up royally and I'm glad he did. He now gets to spend the rest of his life in a concrete cage, because he will not get away with this.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  8. marylamby

marylamby On Time Out

Yes and barely. If he'd done a little homework into true crime cases, it's a no-brainer.

jakat, 10ofRods, MsBetsy and 9 others like this.
  9. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Focusing on your last point, I totally agree, I don’t think the Broomfield alibi was part of his initial plan, if he even had one.

You don’t rush to throw together a job like that at the last minute on Mother’s Day. You already have it organized, with all your ducks in a row.

This seemed to have been done in a frenzy, and he merely took advantage of a job that he did in fact have to perform at some point.

This all looks suspicious on its face, but I think we’re going to learn things that make it absolutely damning.

And that’s just one piece of this whole thing.

10. marylamby

marylamby On Time Out

We don't know what/which bike was found in the ravine but it's still in LE custody and the person who sold it would know which bike it is.

BethSpirit, jakat, EggSalad and 8 others like this.
  11. marylamby

marylamby On Time Out

Very much agree. Something precipitated his moving on to plan B, if there ever were a plan A. Then again, I may be giving him too much credit somewhere in there...

Tarika, Woodberry, Melsworld and 16 others like this.
  12. MassGuy

And that’s the danger, “giving him too much credit.”

The “love of his life” is missing, and he attempts to vote for her in the presidential election.

That shows where his mind was at, and illustrates that he’s not living in the same reality as the rest of us.

This is not some criminal mastermind capable of outwitting the authorities, and putting together a well thought out plan.

Law enforcement’s apparent quick pivot to a homicide investigation is a solid indication of just how incompetent he was.

Sunny123, Tarika, Woodberry and 43 others like this.
  13. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

BBM: Is, still is. I eagerly await the hours of statements he has made to LE and witnesses in the last 13.5 months. Beyond the travesty we all are aware of, he's sure to have some doozies in there.

BethSpirit, Rolo, jakat and 19 others like this.
  14. MassGuy

His attorneys probably wanted to pull their hair out when they read transcripts of his conversations with law enforcement.

Both Frazee and Letecia did an incredible amount of damage in a fraction of the time.

Barry is effectively going to be testifying against himself.

15. marylamby

marylamby On Time Out

I can't tell you how much I love this.

16. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

Just jumping off your post - it reminded me of something I have been wondering about. The river that runs thru Morphew back yard, ? Arkansas River. Where it runs thru there, is it a very big river? Is the current swift? Swift enough to take a body downstream or body parts downstream? That may have been the perfect opportunity for BM. Kill her, then dispose of her in the river and easily clean/rinse off any items he used in the process, plus possibly cleaning things later as well with the chlorine?

This is just something I had been thinking about so thought I would see what others thought the likelihood of this scenario may be?

JMO

17. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I think this wedding thing is really off. I don't know why BM would plan to murder Suzanne when he knew she had a big and noticeable thing going on.

Unless he intended for Suzanne to be noticed missing by her friend. In case the girls weren't able to notice their mother missing (perhaps they were camping in a wilderness area and he wasn't sure if they would be able to get to a place with phone reception so they could call).

Or unless he forgot/didn't know about the wedding plans.

Tarika, Bailey38, Chocoholic and 10 others like this.
  18. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I think the wedding is being overplayed as significant. IIRC, because of Covid it was a private ceremony on Sunday (Mother’s Day). I don’t see the mother of the bride FaceTiming SM (or whatever) leading up to or during this event. SM would probably tell her, tell me about it afterwards, share pics and videos- enjoy yourself. It’s possible any plans for SM to speak were also changed due to the wedding being a different event (Covid) than originally planned.

From the AA when it’s released- I’m waiting to see if I owe Ms. Mary, the neighbor of the construction site, who reported the noise an apology for not believing her. lol IMO

Tarika, Melsworld, Bailey38 and 10 others like this.
  19. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

I tend to think he did take a nap....after pulling an all nighter.

20. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

There is still the matter of the elderly woman hearing heavy equipment around midnight....who else but Barry would be out there operating a piece of equipment and what was he doing? This crime has a minimum of 3 crime scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.