CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I don't think I've missed OP's point.

I think it's very clear: In less than 24 hours, OP's made multiple posts referencing E & N and the Longo case, and OP's opinion that the results were unfair.

I think BM is going to have a fair trial-- free of any worry of ineffective assistance of counsel.

I'm familiar with a couple of E & N's Colorado cases (not Longo) where I found the team very skilled, prepared, and strategic litigators. I'm more impressed than I am troubled by them, and not aware of any bar complaints or violations impeding their law licenses.

Of course, it will always be difficult to know that KK is enjoying her children and her freedom when Kelsey's daughter has no mother. However, I'm not going to hold KK's freedom against E & N for representing their client to the best of their ability. I further credit them for getting their client released earlier than anybody expected after finding an error that all others missed.

In my opinion, E & N are constantly trying both new paint and a variety of brushes in their office. I say bring it on. Show us your A-game.

MOO

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

2. marylamby

marylamby On Time Out

I expect they'll bring more than the last hearing. I'm not terribly impressed.

Melsworld, osu, dkryder and 7 others like this.
  3. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Kelsey Berreth’s case amply illustrates how brutal some men can be with their children’s mothers. I have little hope. But I have to hope that murderers would have their comeuppance.

4. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

5. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

BBM
    He would look really bad blowing up, on the screen, at the judge, for not getting bail. If no one can see his face then.....[/QUOTE]

I think BM regrets not hiring attorneys early.:)
    His greed, in collecting money, probably was the reason.
    Now, all his statements have come to haunt him, and land him deep in ****.
    Great.:D
    Can't wait to hear the many lies, and ridiculous explanations.
    We will be in fits of laughter, hearing about BM's interviews, as had LE.
    Coming soon.....

6. marylamby

marylamby On Time Out

Not. Any. More. :D

Chocoholic, CalmSeas, jakat and 34 others like this.
  7. Rolo

Rolo Well-Known Member

It does look to me like he has had work done and lost weight which has thinned his face. The Christmas photo is not high quality but it looks like he could have had a nose job in addition to the veneers and possible eye work. I personally think he looks like a different person and much more attractive than his earlier thick head pics.
    I’m wondering if the change in appearance had more to do with plans to flee the area and establish a new identity elsewhere, rather than just chasing women. The new look combined with as few images of his face as possible may have been part of a plan to escape into a new life. Moo

8. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

The real problem I have with Barry's new image..is that he projected that onto his daughters...I think he wanted them to "move on" too......without their mother. A new life for all.....isn't that just special?

Chocoholic, Lyanna, CalmSeas and 40 others like this.
  9. Wendyb1063

Wendyb1063 Well-Known Member

Did the original image of BM with the seemingly perfect teeth come from BM's social media? Do we know for sure that this photo was taken during Christmas 2020? The daughters look fairly short here.

We discussed this before: CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

10. Melsworld

Melsworld Life is hard, after all it kill you. K Hepburn

Typical Barry, whining and crying to get his way because he cannot be treated the same as all of those criminals he is housed with. I can see the temper-tantrum now....wah wah wah I don't want to be on camera and have everyone talk about my new "natural" look these days. Those days are numbered...justice is happening and your days of asking and receiving are running out.

Chocoholic, Lyanna, jakat and 17 others like this.
  11. CGray123

CGray123 "You become what you think about all day long."

I differ more in tone than substance with your post. I don't want to get to deeply into child sexual assault cases, but I must say, there are sound reasons the prosecutor would have offered and the judge would have approved Cody Longo's very lenient plea deal: essentially compliance with the terms of probation for 18 months and a misdemeanor assault charge is dismissed.

Sexual assault on a child is very hard to prove because young children tend to want to tell the person asking the questions what they think they want to hear. There are often problems with the parents' role in the initiation of the charge and with the emotionally charged subsequent investigation. People have been wrongly accused. Frontline did a series of presentations on the high profile Child Day Care Cases if you would like to understand why the lenient kind of deal Cody Longo received is more common in these cases than we should be comfortable with.

It sounds like E&N did a thorough job of developing evidence of innocence. They had Longo take a lie detector test, which he passed, and they had the child examined by their own psychologist, whose testimony would at least have created reasonable doubt. In sum, they did their job well. There is no reason to believe they are defense attorneys for the money only, or for the "thrill of the game." I know attorneys who make a career in criminal defense, who find satisfaction of doing a good job and getting a good result for their clients. I don't object to such competent and ethical attorneys making a living.

In criminal court, they are part of a system designed to assure that only those who are truly guilty are deprived of their liberty. They help to prevent those in power from jailing innocent people for poliiical or corrupt reasons that have nothing to do with the facts and the law - as happens often in authoritarian countries. The system is human, and sometimes gets it wrong. Even so, it's the best in the world IMO.

I agree with those who are grateful that BM has competent advocates, and who say even the most competent attorney cannot overcome the effect of damning evidence.

12. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

We folk in Australia have this year been following the case of Melissa Caddick. She defrauded quite a few people, including friends (and her own parents) of millions. When she was found out, she disappeared. Months later her foot in a running shoe was found washed up on a beach a long way away. So is she dead, or isn't she?

13. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Interesting point. I think he had eyelid surgery. His mug shot shows lines that are the typical scars for that and he no longer has hooded eyes (which he has had since his youth - they just got a bit more hooded as he got older). People sometimes dislike having them and that surgery is fairly common. I think his eyes look as if he was still in recovery from it - perhaps a month in (I know people who've had it for medical reasons, because the eyelid was interfering with vision). His weren't that bad, but you do make me wonder if indeed he hoped to change his appearance in order to flee.

Another big oopsie. I'm very curious if the prosecution will bring that up in the "he was about to flee" portion. That portion of the trial might not be very lengthy, come to think of it. He may have had a nose job before Christmas - that photo is indeed not the highest quality. Veneers are definitely there (but I think he had them for quite a while).

Chocoholic, jakat, Warwick7 and 21 others like this.
  14. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

I don't think the cosmetic changes BM has made will be tied to "flight risk" to any real extent. That can be argued away..."correcting premature aging due to stress of losing his wife"...etc. I think his financial records, liquidations, not to mention any discovered travel plans will connect him to "flight risk' much more than his new appearance.

Chocoholic, jakat, 24Brix and 19 others like this.
  15. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

I do agree. If I had committed a heinous act and there were mountains of evidence against me, I too, would call them to help me (if I could afford it). Your point is well taken, we don't want them to be as good as they are at finding technicalities. We want justice served and SM to be found.

This doesn't mean they are unethical as you pointed out, they are merely excellent at doing their job. They are good, but we can hold out hope that the evidence is irrefutable and I believe the prosecution has some incredibly strong evidence.

I do believe if they had "if the glove doesn't fit you must acquit" evidence they would have used it to get him out or as a plea for bail.

I'm with you. Understanding E & N is an important navigation tool of this case.

Chocoholic, jakat, DBLG and 25 others like this.
  16. pseudo_hum

pseudo_hum Well-Known Member

Well, IMO, she is definitely footloose. IMO

17. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

I've felt for the longest time he was spying on Suzanne and she knew it. That could very well be the reason why she obtained a spy pen.

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Interesting. Seems police have no doubt she's deceased. Hope the liquidation is successful and whatever payback possible can begin.

19. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

Just like Scott Peterson and we all know why he was so media-shy.

20. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

If (big if) I were a defense attorney, I could not in good conscience defend someone who I felt was 100% guilty of first degree murder. I totally understand everyone deserves a fair trial, I am fully onboard with our constitutional rights. But I couldn’t be the person that possibly kept a family from receiving justice and closure by defending a killer and it boiled down to let’s say a technicality. Kudos to those who can. Our country needs good defense attorneys. Moo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.