Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my opinion on things being said about BM. I, and everyone else, have a right to our opinion. Whether it be here on WS, or by writing a book or a letter, or saying it directly face-to-face with one person only or thousands of people. And furthermore, I don't really care if someone likes or dislikes my opinion, because if I want to say it, then I'm going to say it. It's that simple.

Also, everything I have said about BM on here (or anywhere else for that matter), I would have no problem whatsoever in saying it directly to BM if I was given the chance.

So, to sum up the point of my post, I don't care whether he (BM) or anyone else doesn't like what my opinion of him is and actually, I hope he (BM) reads here to see what is being said, but if that's not possible, then I sure hope that someone lets him know what is being said, which I'm guessing probably is the case.

But, after all, we all have the right to our own opinions, do we not?

Perfectly Stated! No way I could have said it better. Thank you @NWLady.

When is AA due out?
Was it delayed after the defense claimed they didnt have the cleaned up spy pen recording.

At the earliest, it would be after the preliminary hearing.

The order will expire 7 days after the conclusion of the Proof Evidence Presumption Great Hearing and Preliminary Hearing, which is scheduled to be completed on August 24, 2021. The court has concerns with the amount of information in the 130-page affidavit.

Judge files order keeping arrest affidavit for Barry Morphew sealed | FOX21 News Colorado

@Ontario Mom, my sentiments exactly, so impressed by the minds in this forum..a LOT of very sharp people!! Love you all ;)

Agreed. There are a lot of intellectually curious posters on these threads who demonstrate psychological awareness and strategic thinking. Also wisdom and levity.
IMO a lot of life happens in the “gray” areas.
If you deal in absolute black and white thinking you miss a whole lotta of nuance. IME /IMO

DA Stanley, CBI, FBI, and Chaffee County Sheriff and a judge believe they have all the evidence needed to keep the greedy, pushup contestant in his concrete condo for the rest of his life and then some. I’m actually hoping for a Life WO Parole + 56 years at least! MOO

This reply is an eloquent illustration of my point. Thank you for making it better than I ever could. IMO

Agreed. There are a lot of intellectually curious posters on these threads who demonstrate psychological awareness and strategic thinking. Also wisdom and levity.
If you deal in absolute black and white thinking you miss a whole lotta of nuance. IME /IMO

Yup. Nicely put @waldojabba !

This reply is an eloquent illustration of my point. Thank you for making it better than I ever could. IMO

A court of law will do its best to deliver justice. Investigators are allowed to believe in the guilt or innocence of suspects and arrest on their evidence, if the court concurs.
That is one hurdle for the evidence. The second is the likelihood of conviction, which means the strength of the evidence. If the evidence is not strong, bail may be granted. That is a second hurdle.

Currently MOO thr defense is trying to set up the prosecution with the judge as having a pattern of not following rules.

MOO that is a defense running from the facts, amd inatead gnawing at the edges of procedure and prosecutor credibility.

Last edited:
I sure never knew what a spy pen is until just the other day. That's just 1 of dozens of things I've learned from my fellow posters.

We’ll obviously have a better idea of what avenues are available for the defense, following the preliminary hearing.

I think it’s likely to be a bit of a mud throwing mix, with multiple alternative suspects and the defense alluding to Suzanne taking off.

I just don’t see a situation where other suspects will fit this. One has to ask themselves how often someone has happened in their area. They will come swinging with something it will be interesting

IMO

I just don’t see a situation where other suspects will fit this. One has to ask themselves how often someone has happened in their area. They will come swinging with something it will be interesting

IMO
I really think Barry’s team is going to point fingers at one of the “meth heads.”

They’ll claim that one of them was out for revenge, and took it out on Suzanne.

It’s completely absurd, but maybe they’ll hope for a jury that has a reference point of bad Hollywood movies or something.

I really think Barry’s team is going to point fingers at one of the “meth heads.”

It’s completely absurd, but maybe they’ll hope for a jury that has a reference point of bad Hollywood movies or something.

Life time movies

Thank you for making additional comments about evidence. Unfortunately, nothing you said refutes my point. Presumably, yes, there is evidence. We don't have access to it. People that are coming to conclusions on any of the topics that I originally mentioned are telling themselves stories.
RBBM
Agree with the bolded, that yes presumably there is evidence and no, of course we don’t have access to it nor should we as we are not LE investigating the case.
As to your last sentence about people coming to conclusions on the topics you mentioned are telling themselves stories, well imo the list of topics you mentioned and said there’s no evidence of doesn’t negate that evidence of any or all of those things exists because again, none of us have access/privy to the evidence in this case as of yet. Personally, I give members here a lot more credit and would argue that people are not drawing conclusions and telling themselves stories, rather, most members use critical thinking skills to make logical inferences based on the known facts of a case at any given time/as they are revealed and deduce reasonable conclusions as to what the facts mean and how they potentially play into/affect the case.

Stating the obvious, this is a true crime discussion forum where many followers of trie crime come together to discuss cases they follow/are interested in. We discuss facts reported in msm and from other approved sources, posit and discuss speculative theories, potential poi and/or suspects, ideas, potential evidence LE may have etc., etc., state our opinion, which we are all entitled to and most qualify post as being JMO, IMO etc, It’s generally understood that people sometimes have different opinions, that we won’t always agree and it’s ok to respectfully agree to disagree. It is my belief that a lot of opinions stated here qualify as being highly informed due to years of following true crime cases, knowledge gained from doing so and ability to pick up on the nuances and are quite adept at noticing similar patterns, assessing behaviors, actions/nonactions of important players in a case, including those of the LE investigating the case which imho, can sometimes be the biggest clue of all about which direction any given case is headed.
In addition, some members via education, expertise and experience from working or having worked in certain professions affords them additional insight.
These valuable members are a great resource, willing to share their knowledge and graciously answer our questions to help us understand why certain things may or may not be happening in cases. I appreciate and learn a lot from them, as well as many other intelligent, well informed, astute fellow members.

Getting back to evidence. The evidence LE has amassed in any given case is not put out into the public sphere, rightfully so. Evidence is revealed via court proceedings, which is why most of us following this case for the last 15 months are looking forward to the Preliminary hearings next week. What we do already know which was revealed at BM’s hearing in late May is that as a result off LE/DA investigation thus far, 10,000 pages! of discovery have been generated as well as one terabyte! of data, which speaks volumes and goes to my next point- imo the DA filed M1 after deliberation charges against BM because there is compelling evidence against him warranting the charge, and the Judge signed off on an arrest warrant authorizing BM’s arrest because he felt sufficient probable cause exists warranting doing so, period, full stop.

Patiently waiting and looking forward to some evidence reveal and learning strength thereof at next week’s preliminary hearing.

All of the above is IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I’m curious about discovery. By sending the 1 TB of data, the DA is sending all the data they found, applicable to the case or not for the prosecution, since the defense may find something to defend Barry that the prosecution will not be using. Does the prosecution have to annotate what in that terabyte of data they plan on using to prosecute BM, so the defense can prepare efficiently? Or if sending 1 TB of data unannotated, are they using a ‘flood the defense’ strategy, hoping to overwhelm the defense with irrelevant data so they might miss the relevant.
MOO. The defense looks at the discovery and decides how to respond.

Iomething.
That would be interesting...going after a specific target. I am guessing, unfortunately, that their target will be Suzanne herself. I think that they are sort of boxed in. The mountain lion theory didn't wash. The abduction theory is an avenue...but I tend to think it will be combined with Suzanne's "infidelity"...which will be developed into their story. After all, Barry made sure she was interested in other men with the FB ruse...no? And that has to be addressed, or, Barry did it. I see "an abduction by a man she supposedly knew....a rendevous gone bad." I say this because I think evidence of marital problems will be cultivated by the prosecution...add to that "Suzanne's pen"...and distrust and friction or conflict will be illuminated. To square that...the defense, imo, will need to place the blame of these circumstances onto Suzanne. The only way that BM can be cleared by the jury, jmo....is if Suzanne takes the blame for any marital problems. I think she ran off, and likely with the wrong guy who the cops should be looking for. Of course, my opinion of what I think the defense will try to sell. They might even be so bold as to suggest that Suzanne and her lover planted the bike to make it appear she was abducted to cover their escape to paradise.

Last edited:
IMO, the bike is a big hinging factor, as many have stated. If LE (prosecutor) can prove that SM encountered a debilitating injury in the home, there was no bike ride. And who would stage a bike?

IMO, the bike is a big hinging factor, as many have stated. If LE (prosecutor) can prove that SM encountered a debilitating injury in the home, there was no bike ride. And who would stage a bike?
Agreed....and the defense will play the hand they have been dealt. If as predicted, marital problems are entered into evidence...including evidence that Suzanne wanted a divorce...the defense will then counter that Barry did not want a divorce (which is different than Barry didn't want the marriage to end). I can foresee the defense wanting to parlay Suzanne's desire for divorce into Suzanne was motivated to leave the marriage and therefore leave Barry. One of the two will need to be blamed for the marriage deteriorating....which resulted in Suzanne's disappearance. The defense desires, imo, an outcome that Suzanne's disappearance does not equal Suzanne's death. So the disappearance must square with the marital problems....that means Suzanne left the family of her own free will. That also means that Barry is not responsible for Suzanne's whereabouts or demise...since he is not the one who left...but wants her back so bad, no questions asked. JMO.

RBBM
Agree with the bolded, that yes presumably there is evidence and no, of course we don’t have access to it nor should we as we are not LE investigating the case.
As to your last sentence about people coming to conclusions on the topics you mentioned are telling themselves stories, well imo the list of topics you mentioned and said there’s no evidence of doesn’t negate that evidence of any or all of those things exists because again, none of us have access/privy to the evidence in this case as of yet. Personally, I give members here a lot more credit and would argue that people are not drawing conclusions and telling themselves stories, rather, most members use critical thinking skills to make logical inferences based on the known facts of a case at any given time/as they are revealed and deduce reasonable conclusions as to what the facts mean and how they potentially play into/affect the case.

Stating the obvious, this is a true crime discussion forum where many followers of trie crime come together to discuss cases they follow/are interested in. We discuss facts reported in msm and from other approved sources, posit and discuss speculative theories, potential poi and/or suspects, ideas, potential evidence LE may have etc., etc., state our opinion, which we are all entitled to and most qualify post as being JMO, IMO etc, It’s generally understood that people sometimes have different opinions, that we won’t always agree and it’s ok to respectfully agree to disagree. It is my belief that a lot of opinions stated here qualify as being highly informed due to years of following true crime cases, knowledge gained from doing so and ability to pick up on the nuances and are quite adept at noticing similar patterns, assessing behaviors, actions/nonactions of important players in a case, including those of the LE investigating the case which imho, can sometimes be the biggest clue of all about which direction any given case is headed.
In addition, some members via education, expertise and experience from working or having worked in certain professions affords them additional insight.
These valuable members are a great resource, willing to share their knowledge and graciously answer our questions to help us understand why certain things may or may not be happening in cases. I appreciate and learn a lot from them, as well as many other intelligent, well informed, astute fellow members.

Getting back to evidence. The evidence LE has amassed in any given case is not put out into the public sphere, rightfully so. Evidence is revealed via court proceedings, which is why most of us following this case for the last 15 months are looking forward to the Preliminary hearings next week. What we do already know which was revealed at BM’s hearing in late May is that as a result off LE/DA investigation thus far, 10,000 pages! of discovery have been generated as well as one terabyte! of data, which speaks volumes and goes to my next point- imo the DA filed M1 after deliberation charges against BM because there is compelling evidence against him warranting the charge, and the Judge signed off on an arrest warrant authorizing BM’s arrest because he felt sufficient probable cause exists warranting doing so, period, full stop.

Patiently waiting and looking forward to some evidence reveal and learning strength thereof at next week’s preliminary hearing.

All of the above is IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Your post is so well written. I have been a Websleuths member a long time. I am very interested in true crime and justice for crime victims, yet am not one who has a lot of time for research. I am just in the corner cheering on those who do the work.

There have even been times when I have private messaged someone to ask for clarification in things I don't understand. Posters have disagreed on certain points and I have done the same.

Most of you bring your life experiences to this forum and many are experts in certain areas and share that knowledge with the rest of us. Simply put, many of you are brilliant in your summations.

From the beginning of this case, as well as other cases, you have put the pieces together and determined who the likely suspect is. When LE made the arrest and stated they had evidence, then charged the suspect with murder in the first degree, I believed them. We are all waiting together for the release of the AA.

I am excited to follow this trial and looking forward to seeing the suspect face justice.

I am very grateful for all of you and thank you. JMO, MOO, and all that.

You know, there are some times that LE focuses on the wrong suspect. But, I totally believe those times are rare and especially in today’s world far between.

We are not a jury, and we won’t see all of the evidence just yet, but we can look at what we know and see the obvious suspect. I have personally suspected BM for a very long time. To have police finally make an arrest was a relief! Then to hear the shear volume of evidence, and the time they took to arrest, I think they have been very busy dotting their i’s and crossing their t’s. They didn’t make this arrest lightly!

I am looking forward to the court proceedings to hear the evidence I don’t yet know about!

That would be interesting...going after a specific target. I am guessing, unfortunately, that their target will be Suzanne herself. I think that they are sort of boxed in. The mountain lion theory didn't wash. The abduction theory is an avenue...but I tend to think it will be combined with Suzanne's "infidelity"...which will be developed into their story. After all, Barry made sure she was interested in other men with the FB ruse...no? And that has to be addressed, or, Barry did it. I see "an abduction by a man she supposedly knew....a rendevous gone bad." I say this because I think evidence of marital problems will be cultivated by the prosecution...add to that "Suzanne's pen"...and distrust and friction or conflict will be illuminated. To square that...the defense, imo, will need to place the blame of these circumstances onto Suzanne. The only way that BM can be cleared by the jury, jmo....is if Suzanne takes the blame for any marital problems. I think she ran off, and likely with the wrong guy who the cops should be looking for. Of course, my opinion of what I think the defense will try to sell. They might even be so bold as to suggest that Suzanne and her lover planted the bike to make it appear she was abducted to cover their escape to paradise.

I kind of hope BM’s defense tries the strategy of a fantastical story of SM disappearing herself off to paradise with a lover. It is an angle that would have required elaborate preparations by Suzanne, and would - in this era of digital evidence - be nearly impossible to elude the FBI.

It reeks of desperation and a reasonable jury would see right through the ploy.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member