CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

I think he’s just reminding his viewers. He goes on to say “at the Fairgrounds, unsure.”
    It never has been available on WebEx except the 40-50 people at Fairgrounds ( which they should be calling an overflow courtroom ) and family members.
    JMO

Janeumayer, misgrn, Flicka1 and 13 others like this.

2. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

After learning more details from the prelim. I'd like to hear whether everyone feels Barry planned in advance to kill Suzanne that day?

3. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

She probably wanted to send him on an errand so he would be away from home longer. JMO

branmuffin, misgrn, Flicka1 and 19 others like this.
  4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

4 days, split 2 weeks apart. That was always the plan, bizarre as it is.

5. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I luv your thought process but didn't she have her phone on the 9th sunbathing taking pictures of herself at 2:11pm?
    Maybe I have the date wrong.

Flicka1, Rolo, Blue Amethyst and 7 others like this.
  6. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yes I think he formulated his plan after the May 6 “it’s over” text and his response - we may find some computer searches that helped him:

7. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

I like your theory however DON'T blame the Mountain Lion, for she has been Exonerated............

8. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I agree, I think they were just tersely communicating about household things. If we need dog food and I'm annoyed at my husband, we still need dog food. After 20 years Suzanne was probably good at holding in her emotions in order to still live in a functioning house. Even if she wants to leave, they still need to change the tires and clean the hot tub. I really don't read much into it.

9. HistoryNut

HistoryNut Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts so far about the hearing? Do you think the judge will put BM on trial?

IHAVENOCLUE, Flicka1, Rolo and 8 others like this.
  10. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Yes.

I think that is why he had the jitters at the worksite on Saturday morning.

11. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Without a doubt. He moved around way too smoothly, and took measures to cover his tracks. It was as if he was following a script.

The problem he faced though, is you can’t think of everything, and he’s not as smart as he thinks he is:

The trash dumps, the lie about working when he was in his room for 5 hours, the tranquilizer cap, and the avoidable mistake of actually putting himself in the vicinity of the bike location.

The chipmunk story took him a staggering 9 months to come up with, and he’d have been better served by being quiet.

I am very intrigued by one thing though:

Barry’s admission that he was throwing away tranquilizer materials. Something compelling must have forced him to come clean there, especially when he couldn’t remember what else he threw away (other than the boots).

I think it was more than explaining the cap, as he could have said he didn’t know where the wrappers or whatever it was, was disposed of.

12. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I was tossed about if he planned it for that day but I do think he had a plan in place. At first I thought Mother's Day weekend would not give him enough time to cover it up but then I changed my mind and that was why he did it Mother's Day weekend so that he didn't have to report her missing, his girls would be looking for her and he could hide behind that.

eta What a run on sentence, lol!

13. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Yep.

but maybe, Flicka1, Brubon and 17 others like this.
  14. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I vote yes, especially, if he snuck up on her with a dart gun.

I also think that it takes a fair amount of planning to cover your tracks, no matter how good or how poorly the plans are executed.

JMO.

Kittybunny, MerBeach, misgrn and 25 others like this.
  15. Barry

Barry Registered Fence Sitter

Don’t forget billing.

16. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 39m
    Prosecution says they still have witnesses to still call, only 3 have been called. He believes those 3 are the “meat and potatoes” for this hearing BUT still would like to call other witnesses. He says defense is taking too long and he doesn’t know if it’ll be done in 4 days

IHAVENOCLUE, misgrn, Flicka1 and 15 others like this.
  17. payitforward3000

payitforward3000 Well-Known Member

I love you for this recap!! Absolutely perfect! LMAO

18. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

If the family was expecting company, Suzanne probably wanted their guest to be able to enjoy the hot tub. JMO

Colorado303, Flicka1, Rolo and 11 others like this.
  19. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I don't. I think he was planning to do what he's done for the past years and gaslight, guilt, and threaten Suzanne to convince her to stay married. I think he came home and saw her sending pictures of herself in a bikini to her boyfriend and lost it. It can still be premeditated and Murder 1, I just don't think it was planned. He may have dreamed about it but I don't think there was a date on the calendar.

If it was planned, I would have thought someone with access to numerous construction sites would have had a plan for disposing of whatever he threw away in ** 5 ** garbage cans in public places with surveillance. There's no normal answer for why you visit 5 different garbage cans.

I think after it happened he decided he would pretend to be working that day and go out to the worksite and hotel.

If he booked the hotel earlier, then you have evidence of planning. But I think they would have said that already if it were true.

magnetic, loveplace, misgrn and 16 others like this.
  20. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 34m
    That wraps up the first half of the preliminary hearing for #BarryMorphew. We’ll be back in a few weeks. #SuzanneMorphew @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 37m
    Reminder- Prelim is supposed to continue August 23 and 24. Judge says he’s not sure if they’ll continue the livestream at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds because there haven’t been many people showing up. @KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 38m
    Judge says he’s going to keep defense tight on time because they’re taking fairly longer than the prosecution. Judge is worried this won’t be done in 4 total days. Defense says they understand they have to be shorter.@KKTV11News
    #SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.