CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

(Oh, sorry, this is old. Lauren just Tweeted it. I'll leave it up, though, in case anyone missed it.)

2. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

Tranquilizer darts themselves are pretty easy to purchase, it's the medication used with them that is controlled so it would be interesting to find out who purchased the remaining three found in the Morphew home, assuming the dart cap found in the dryer was the remaining fourth. If they were bought under the purview of the firehouse why would BM have them in his possession? Would he be able to legally buy the sedative that is used in the dart?

The uses of the darts seem to be fairly benign for wildlife and farm creatures from what I've read. However, they can be much more lethal used on a human if said human has a combination of other things in their system like alcohol and/or antidepressants.

3. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

I am just guessing that they may have had these around the emergency services offices (fire, police, rescue) that Barry volunteered with and he helped himself one day. There might be a need to have them on hand for mountain lions and bears in the area.

4. 155etta

155etta Well-Known Member

Kept some old shoelaces but threw away a camo coat? Camo coats are a lot spendier than shoelaces. I'd love to hear his excuse for throwing the coat away. MOO.

5. Herat

Herat Way out West

I dunno

I think there is a much bigger chance of accidentally shooting one of your fellow first-responders with a drug not authorized for use in humans.

I'd be surprised if this was a regular part of their kit.

His Firefighter buddies should be aghast at this latest development

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  6. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

Karla Homolka stole ketamine from the vet she worked at to subdue Paul Bernardo's victims which included her own sister.

7. StarrDetective

StarrDetective Well-Known Member

Yeah, that, or his attorneys advised him to say something like that, to portray himself as a loving father. Everything he does is calculated. imo

8. Herat

Herat Way out West

He strikes me as the kind of guy that would think buying illegal drugs to kill his wife with Bitcoin as being an extremely cool and self-congratulatory clever thing to do. Wonder if he also purchased Roofies to put in her drinks in case he didn't get a chance to use the dart gun.

"Drunk eyes" makes me think he might have put some in a favorite beverage of hers

9. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Agree. Discarding boots and coat indicate a trip out into terrain.
    Why reboot truck if the old RR available?

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

@OldCop bringing these over from the media thread for discussion

11. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Not implying it was standard issue to every volunteer, more like it might have been sitting out somewhere one day as something was being moved, stocked, or while someone who was authorized was responding to an animal emergency etc... The source of the darts and the drug could have been easier than we think.

12. StarrDetective

Maybe he did dump it and LE found it. Fingers crossed.

13. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I wonder if they found any internet searches regarding how to do a system reboot on a truck. I wouldn’t know without searching or asking someone-would Barry?

14. dkryder

dkryder Well-Known Member

I think you can buy empty darts and fill them with whatever.

15. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

@swedeheart kindly posted the following video on the previous thread (just before it closed):

Lauren Scharf begins to speak at 1:40 (just over a minute from when videos starts) to go over the 2 days of the hearing:

Thank you @swedeheart for posting this! Lauren describes everything that was viewed in court, from the surveillance videos to B.M.'s demeanor in Court.

Lauren describes so much more than it was possible to put in a tweet!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  16. StarrDetective

I also wonder how he learned that. Maybe he got himself a burner phone. Can you access the internet on a burner phone? I assume you can. Lol
    He seems to have put a lot of thought into it, and watched true crime, so I don’t think he would’ve used his own phone or even gone to a library. He would know LE could execute a search warrant on the library computers…

ETA- I guess it may be a topic guys would talk about w each other, actually. He could have cleverly brought it up to GD or a mechanic, etc.

17. notbornyesterday

notbornyesterday Well-Known Member

This! This is what I was thinking! I don't think he killed her at the house either and maybe he didn't actually kill her elsewhere. Wouldn't it be more fun for a sadist like him to dump her down a mine and let her suffer? Then if she were found, he could say she must have wandered off after that bike accident in a confused state (didn't he suggest that as a possible scenario?) and somehow fell down in the mine. That would be a win-win for Barry. That would leave no trace of a cadaver at the house and really punish Suzanne. And dumping her down a mine shaft wouldn't require any extra digging or work or time.

18. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

LS said in her youtube live, I believe is where I heard it, while on the drive back to Colorado Springs last evening that much time was used because the D was disorganized.

The D rolled large pieces of luggage into the courtroom, hence, one can only imagine the copious amounts of files and docs that were inside.

I also recall during testimony that the technology was not working properly in order to display graphs so that may have forced the D team to use push pins, but I don't know for certain that's why they did.

19. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

And COD would not implicate him, unless the tranquilizer dart substance would remain in the system long after death. Hmmm.

20. Chichi baby

Chichi baby Well-Known Member

No court today?

Flicka1, al66pine, fcavanaugh and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.