CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

I wonder when Barry stopped wearing his wedding ring (if that was one of Suzanne's 50 readons). Easily he could defend that decision due to occupational hazards....

I'm just curious if May 10th was the first time he started wearing it....

Narrative building.

JMO

2. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Suzanne communicated with JL about the wonderful few days she was having. What did she mean? The girls were gone, it was just the two of them. I have to go find it. Could she have declared she was done and sleeping separately? Did she think they were going to civilly have some soup and divide assets and come up with a plan?

3. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

It is from a tweet but one of the reporters covering the prelims. I’ll try to find it but I think it’s been posted in this thread.

4. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Yes! I've always felt that Barry began planning Suzanne's demise after she received that $600k inheritance while they were still in Indiana.

We learned this week that Barry used some of those funds for his business which truly irks me.

These two dates do not reconcile so are they correct? Wonder why she established a LI acct before reaching out to JL?
    "Suzanne established a LI acct in Aug 2018
    Suzanne reached out to JL via FB in Sept 2018"

SUZANNE MORPHEW: Preliminary hearing in Barry Morphew trial reveals new details | FOX31 Denver

Property records in Chaffee County, Colorado, show the Morphews purchased their current home in April 2018 for $1,575,000.
    Suzanne Morphew Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Hence, Suzanne didn't contact JL until after she was in Salida. She must have been so lonely.

Scootie98, MerBeach, TRB and 14 others like this.
  5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yes and the media thread likely has it

6. payitforward3000

payitforward3000 Well-Known Member

Could the defense have evidence better than what they are presenting currently? Possibly, to save for trial and give the defense less time to dispute it or discredit it?

7. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

There is one more trash dump that nobody seemed to mention at the hearing. JP told us that he found mail in the garbage pail in BMs hotel room. That, IMO, was thrown out there by BM to prove that he had been the one in the hotel room, not just JP and/MG. Which makes sense because BM wants it well known that he was nowhere near PP when SM was reported missing. BM would have no way to know if he was definitely caught on the hotel cameras nor how clear the resolution would be and he didn't want to be mistaken for JP, whom others here have felt looks quite alot like BM from a distance or if only glanced at. JP didn't need an alibi, BM did, so he made it perfectly clear that it was him in that room, not JP. Even JP felt like that piece of mail was to create an alibi like he told LS. JMO

IHAVENOCLUE, Scootie98, TRB and 19 others like this.
  8. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I am seeing BM as a very frustrated man the last few days before Suzanne went missing. He suspects she's seeing someone, he's most likely surveilling the house, checking her phone, may have trackers on her car and he can't catch her! She's not physically seeing anyone, he knows this because he's watching her closely, he can't find the online communication because they are using a third party site to message each other...he just can't figure it out! By the time he does - he's worked himself into a frenzy/fury. Suzanne really did almost pull one over on the great hunter! I think about an animal stalking its prey and the frustration building over time as it can't seem to catch it, when it finally does catch the prey it tears it up. Barry was stalking Suzanne, no doubt about that to me and if he had found out who she was seeing it would have been bad news, imo.

Not defending JL - he should have come forward when he first learned Suzanne was missing, he showed his true colors too.

We felt the tension in the courtroom via tweets, can you all imagine the tension living in that home?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  9. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

FYI If Barry was working out a murderous plan, he may actually have become quite charming again. Offer to discuss divorcing fairly. I've seen it done. Then when she least expected it....

If she hadn't been on the patio, how would that have changed his gameplan/timeline?

Picturing him by the creek, in the woods, hunting HIS WIFE is chilling beyond comprehension.

JMO

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I think there is a lot of communication they aren’t releasing yet and those days from May 6 -9 may hold clues as to how much she told him and I worry that BM threatened her and that’s why she finally texted her sister that he was abusive - this is outlined in the detailed tweets posted up thread

11. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

How do we know? Common sense.
    Investigators were able to follow Suzanne's digital activity on Saturday, May 9th, and then it ceased before 3pm.
    Suzanne was never heard from, or seen again, by anyone, after 3pm on the day before Mother's Day.
    Logic indicates, she was not entertaining ex-cons or anyone else in her home, on Mother's Day.

jmo

ar3593, Kittybunny, DeDee and 26 others like this.
  12. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? JL supporting BM? If he said he doesn't think BM did it, then I agree with @IRBHTX

If BM was not bound over for trial he could likely track down JL. Not entirely unexpected.

SM already used words like: pinned to a bed, wouldnt feel safe alone with him, thrown at a closet door, controlling what she wears, small things would Barry off, couldn't handle his unstableness, and the Jekyle/Hyde.... And then there's the mention of the restraining order.

And these are the ones we know about.

What a loving, godly, caring family BM has created...

JL is protecting himself (and possibly his children/wife).

13. Ontario Mom

I was right here following like a hawk and I already know I've missed tweets. No idea how that happens.
    I do recall Barry admitting he'd thrown out some tranq material but that was all the detail I'd seen.

Lyanna, al66pine, EggSalad and 2 others like this.
  14. skyedaze

skyedaze Well-Known Member

Barry knows because he was busy smashing her locked bike tire and throwing the bike down a ditch on Mother's Day. The bike she would NEVER ride on Mother's Day that he lied about...because he already killed her.
    The only person at the house on Mother's Day was a murderer.

ar3593, Scootie98, DeDee and 17 others like this.
  15. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yes. Grusing said they found a tranquilizer cap in the dryer vent when they searched the home. There was also mention of one dart missing from a 4-dart case.

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1425262959568248835?s=21

Scootie98, Brubon, windrower and 11 others like this.
  16. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Interesting, it didn't cross my mind the box of 3 were in the trash too. That would make perfect sense!

I just assumed they found the box with the missing 4th dart at home.

Now, this is very interesting.

IHAVENOCLUE, Brubon, JosieMae and 4 others like this.
  17. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Ah, I might see it now.

IMO Barry had had ultimate control. For decades.

As Suzanne stood up to him, approaching 50, surviving cancer twice, he probably deemed HER unreasonable. Unstable. Changed by hydro. He liked her the old way better. She seemed to be finding herself and he didn't like it. Those last days, if he had found a way to access her texts, he would've been incensed.

I do think he was spouting gobbly gook about Suzanne being ok with it, if someone were saved.....

But I think maybe he meant HER.

You put down sick does.

I think he thought her thinking was crazy.... so he did it to SAVE her from herself, from the choices she was about to make.

And when Suzanne realized it, on the other side, she'd have hero Barry to thank, for saving her soul from sins of the flesh.

Oh, Suzanne. I did it for you. You didn't even know what you were saying... I had to do it. For our family.

Some people can justify anything.

JMO

18. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

I'm curious who moved the spypen from BMs truck to SMs closet and when and why.

19. Ontario Mom

al66pine, Warwick7, EggSalad and 2 others like this.
  20. NoSI

NoSI Verified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/RXN

So this is the typo of info I thought I type up and post. The highlights were already tweeted by reporters. Would this type of info be helpful? Please know that I am doing the best that I can, but can't rule out that I wrote down a time etc. incorrectly as it was so hard to keep up with all the information.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 1: Several videos: 1a) LE body cam video of finding bike, 1b) Interview of MH at PP, 1c) Interview of MH and his father at crash site, 1d) BM arriving at crash site.

- Item 1a: Body cam video of LE finding bike – In video, LE officers calling “Suzanne” repeatedly, bike resting on its side, front wheel hanging over steep spot, LE officer pulled bike up, they were walking around more, talking into radio “contact hospital” (likely to check if SM was brought to hospital), LE officer communicated with someone stating “He is pretty emotional at this time” (BM?), LE officers talking amongst each other stating “coming down this hill and lost control?”, bike is dark blueish, LE officer states “it’s not bend, but something is up with the front tire”, they figure out that brake is in locked position, once brake was released everything worked just fine.

- Item 1b: Interview with MH at PP – MH is Macy’s BF, I think. He informed LE that both daughters haven’t heard from SM and that BM is in Denver "for a job". The Ritter’s looked in house and SM not there. He or Ritter’s drove to main road (US50?) at 18:00 and no sign of SM. It sounded like MH searched around some, but some areas where “its a crazy climb up”. Then MH was informed that bike was found. He states in a surprised and excited manner “Hey, where did they find the bike?” MH’s father at PP as well, I think. But, possibility that he just joined at crash site (I can't remember 100%). (We also later learned that Miles Harvey informed that cameras in PP have been out for “some time” – I am not sure when LE learned that from Miles Harvey aka if it was during this initial interaction).

- Item 1c: MH and his father at the crash site. MH informs “they have had problems in the past”. Describes as “normal husband and wife problems”. Confirms that BM and SM have talked about separating. Unclear what time this interview took place. Sgt. Mulinex stayed on scene at crash site.

- Item 1d: BM arriving at crash site. It is dark. “Where (couldn't understand)….”. He acts frantic and throws his hands up in the air repeatedly. Dressed in jeans and flannel. Shares that he left PP at 5 AM. SM was sleeping at the time. BM asks “Have they looked in the house” or something similar. Informs “She bikes every day”. LE asks BM what trails she likes to bike and he replies “Fooses”. GD is there as well. LE explains how bike was found. BM and GD walk off and then LE officer says “Don’t touch the bike with your hands please”. Several minutes later, BM etc. are walking away. LE officer says “Hey Barry, where are you guys headed? Need to talk to you more man”.

MH - Miles Harvey
    GD - George Davis

Gizmo3, ar3593, IHAVENOCLUE and 52 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.