Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On his first trip back home--think it was something 11:50am to 12:50pm then he left for town again.

1 full hour over in and past the creek.

Do we know how long SM had been in conversation with JL? Also, assuming BM was prepping for the tranquilizer event, how could that hour have been used to advance his plan?

I will be very surprised if there is a way to prove BM is missing 70k in cash. It's BM, the guy who's buddy did 400 tours, the guy who had three 30 interviews. The guy who shot 80 deadly chipmunks.

BM and the truth are not always on the same page, IMO.
For me it would be one or both of the daughter's verifying that. I want to think they would not lie about it. Outside of that I agree there is likely no way.

Does anyone know where to find either the video or the photo where Suzanne and a bunch of her friends are standing in the PP house kitchen around the island? I can see the picture clearly in my head, but cannot locate it and at this point I can't remember if it was a video or a still shot. Help please! TIA!

Does anyone know where to find either the video or the photo where Suzanne and a bunch of her friends are standing in the PP house kitchen around the island? I can see the picture clearly in my head, but cannot locate it and at this point I can't remember if it was a video or a still shot. Help please! TIA!

Did you check this photo bucket?

Photobucket

I'm so incredibly sad for her. If she was glowing in that last picture it's because she felt beautiful, appreciated, and finally could feel freedom.
One minute you're sunbathing in your own backyard, next minute your attacked and murdered.
Just heartbreaking.

Did I Miss it?
"Suzanne Morphew had been exchanging texts,… prosecutors said Monday. They allege that her husband discovered the communications and killed her in a rage. Suzanne Morpheew was at home sunbathing on Saturday, May 9, when prosecutors said she sent her last text, which was a photo of herself to her alleged boyfriend." from abcnews.com May 10.*

Only two LE officers testified Monday, right? If either one or prosecutor alleged BM killed SM in a rage, I missed it. Entirely possible, as I’ve missed some MSM & tweets and some posts here. Whose stmt did reporter refer to here? An actual quote, attributed to a named individual? A link? Anyone?

Prosecutor's Murder in the First Degree Complaint against BM alleged “… Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Suzanne Renee Morphew;..." ** Nothing about rage here.

On his first trip back home--think it was something 11:50am to 12:50pm then he left for town again.

I'm still wondering if that was when he stored the tranquilizing equipment and clothing needed for when he returned?

Also, didn't Tyson Draper report that he saw Barry coming back up from the creek and he was all wet? That was obviously after SM was reported missing. I will have to try and find that video.

Does anyone else recall that incident?

Did I Miss it?
"Suzanne Morphew had been exchanging texts,… prosecutors said Monday. They allege that her husband discovered the communications and killed her in a rage. Suzanne Morpheew was at home sunbathing on Saturday, May 9, when prosecutors said she sent her last text, which was a photo of herself to her alleged boyfriend." from abcnews.com May 10.*

Only two LE officers testified Monday, right? If either one or prosecutor alleged BM killed SM in a rage, I missed it. Entirely possible, as I’ve missed some MSM & tweets and some posts here. Whose stmt did reporter refer to here? An actual quote, attributed to a named individual? A link? Anyone?

Prosecutor's Murder in the First Degree Complaint against BM alleged “… Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Suzanne Renee Morphew;..." ** Nothing about rage here.

Poetic license .... just the journos opinion (IMO). I think the testifying officers didn't offer any reasons/motive/speculation. They just delivered the facts as they know them.

This might be what you're looking for.

Is it possible that BM voted with SM's ballot to create proof that she was still alive?
Look - she voted, didn't she?

Well, since her signature wasn't on it and the person at the Clerk's office noticed right away that it was a ballot for missing person Suzanne Morphew, and Barry's was the only signature - and then he admitted to two FBI agents that he voted for her and basically added that he knew it was cheating but that all the other guys were doing it, so he thought he'd do it too...I'd pretty much say he blew any chance at all of using that as proof of life (not to mention he went to court to get a guardianship over her property).

I am wondering if Barry was potentially suicidal on 5/8 & 5/9. She made it clear she was done.

5/8:
I’m done I could care what you’ve been up to for years. We just need to figure this out civilly," she texted her husband on the morning of May 8.

"I promise you are wrong about all the crazy thoughts about me," he texted at around 3:52 p.m. that day. "Only a fool would stray from an angel like you. When I”m dead, which won’t be long, you guys will be taken care of.”

Potentially, he/she sleep it off and he wakes up under the illusion things are going to be ok. If they were both in the house maybe they slept separate and the cap was in the dryer from the bed he slept in. He couldn’t go through with taking his own life.

Then she turns him down on the hike request. His ego is taking another beating.
She isn’t giving into him and he potentially considers taking his own life again and walks down by the river after lunch as the possible location. He then gets himself back out of his mental state and goes to check on the job at 1:38 and run other errands.
Then he comes home to find her chatting and sending photos to her lover. He is now in rage and kills her on the spot with everything after that being to cover up his crime.
Anyhow, just a random thought on how this could fit together if there was a history of manipulation and/or domestic violence based on what little I have picked up on the case the last week.

——-
5/9 (compliments of @oviedo from last thread)
12:02 am incoming call on SM’s phone(d)
2:07 am outgoing call on SM’s phone (d)
6:00 am BM’s phone revives call (d)
7:19 am BM’s cell revives signal
9:50 am BM text to SM: Want to go on hike?
9:52 SM to BM, Where? (No response) Later on, asking about summer tires on Range Rover
10:36 SM to BM : Wanna meet to hike?
10:48 BM: No, coming home
10:48 SM: Get hot tub stuff

11:00 am Tail Winds property
11:30 am Veggie soup at home with SM
11:50 am-12:50 pm BM cell ping near river
behind house. BM said looking for turkey that daughter shot some time before.
1:38 BM left home- checked on job at Kim Gyms
1:42 pm SM text to JL: Guess who is alone again?
1:55 pm BM at DSI
2:00 pm BM getting blade replaced on Bobcat
2:03 pm SM sends sunbathing pic to JL. Last proof of life.
2:11 pm last LinkedIn message with JL
2:44 BM returned home
JL sends several texts, no response

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

Last edited:
Might help. I captured five journo feeds, should be easier to "find in page" for Tweets.
Preliminary Hearing Tweets – Fnd Suzanne Morphew
Yes. Thank you.
Lauren Sharf

" May 9, #BarryMorphews phone is pinged near the river behind his home. Investigators asked why this was, his response was, “I was looking for a turkey that Mallory had shot some time ago.” 11:50 a.m. – 12:50 a.m."

Last edited:
I believe Grusing's report showed the river walk. Haven't found the tweet reference yet.

Yes. Thank you.
Lauren Sharf

" May 9, #BarryMorphews phone is pinged near the river behind his home. Investigators asked why this was, his response was, “I was looking for a turkey that Mallory had shot some time ago.” 11:50 a.m. – 12:50 a.m."
Also do they just sit in their windows and shoot at the local wildlife?

I'm so incredibly sad for her. If she was glowing in that last picture it's because she felt beautiful, appreciated, and finally could feel freedom.
One minute you're sunbathing in your own backyard, next minute your attacked and murdered.
Just heartbreaking.

I couldn't agree more!

On May 6, SM put it to BM that she was done, and only asked for civility from BM.

They'd been in this position countless times before, and BM reacted in a manner that had been typical of him-- for decades.

Except for this time, SM was not being typical.

Three days later, SM was still standing firm!

Since her May 6 announcement, she'd gained only strength -- drafting 50 reasons to leave, and even reaching out to her sister. There was no turning back.

SM was enjoying the sunshine on her shoulders that afternoon, feeling, believing, better memories were ahead.

Was it in the birthday video her friend did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie