CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

Very much so....Thank you. I didn't mention how proud I was of my daughter and how she, who was 17 at the time, handled that situation at the time. She was truly amazing....and I am a proud and grateful Dad.

2. 303gmf

303gmf Well-Known Member

From the patio in back of the house the river noise plus any Monarch Pass traffic noise could drown out some vehicle noise in the driveway
    Agree!
    Have golfed in December and January, had Christmas Day breakfast on the patio at 70 degrees, and been snowed on in July
    Microclimates all over the state

Flicka1, MerBeach, 24Brix and 15 others like this.
  3. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Theoretically, BM wouldn’t have ever seen the last picture, and not known when it was taken, unless LE told him. She would have sent it to JL, closed her app, and BM wouldn’t have been snooping during their “perfect evening.” They may have shown him the picture, and said “what’s your impression of this photo?” And he responded with “drunk eyes.”

As @MassGuy keenly noted, once LE advised BM that this was her last known photo, BM should have known if SM was drunk or not that day. My bet is he said she was, that it was typical for her “to take the edge off.”

I would have been drunk too, if I were her.
    Cause… Barry Morphew.

jmo

4. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Thread paused for review and clean up

Flicka1 and PaulaDC like this.
  5. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Mod Note:
    Thread is open. When discussing approved sources, the content creators (YouTubers) as individuals are off topic. Please stick to discussing the content shared as it relates to the case.

Thanks everyone and have a great Saturday!
    Tiff

Flicka1, JosieMae, 24Brix and 7 others like this.
  6. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Had some time with my thoughts while the thread paused.

I’m so disappointed that JL didn’t come forward. But folks here are right, she was torn, by her own admission. I don’t need to like JL. He was Suzanne’s choice, and if he gave her some happiness, I’m going to have to be good with that too.

I really want to see that final picture, sitting in the sun, feeling loved, feeling hope.

I’d like to hope that that the ending of her life was quick, and that she was feeling some joy up on that mountain in her last living moments.

I’m reminded of the lyrics of one of my favorite songs, Roll Me Away by Bob Seger:

Stood alone on a mountain top
    Starin' out at the Great Divide
    I could go East, I could go West
    It was all up to me to decide
    Just then I saw a young hawk flyin'
    And my soul began to rise
    And pretty soon
    My heart was singin'
    Roll, roll me away
    I'm gonna roll me away tonight
    Gotta keep rollin', gotta keep ridin'
    Keep searching 'til I find what's right
    And as the sunset faded, I spoke
    To the faintest first starlight
    And I said next time
    Next time
    We'll get it right

7. genuineusa77

genuineusa77 Well-Known Member

In the non-moutainnous areas.

Flicka1, Murphy1950 and al66pine like this.
  8. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I'm going to add this to my time line.

Flicka1, MerBeach, susiQ and 5 others like this.
  9. genuineusa77

They should get JL to testify. <modsnip - nothing linked to support speculation> He regularly heard from her. Does that make sense?

10. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Great point concerning the timing of BM joining the volunteer fire dept and Suzanne contacting JL.

BM had a large new social group, mostly younger, completely independent of Suzanne. He was having a blast.

This was not just a coincidence, but a catalyst for her seeking companionship.
    She was isolated and lonely. BM didn't care. He thought he had her right where he wanted her.

He never thought she would grow a backbone. He thought she was permanently beat down.
    Moo

11. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Ill have to find the main time line. Is this 1:18 message in there?

Flicka1 and al66pine like this.
  12. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

Me either, unless it starts with "Step 1: take a photo of the chipmunk."

Planning to practice his firefighter's deadweight carry technique? Ugh, sorry. But I could see him being that crude and thinking himself clever.

IIRC he said he forgot the timing of when he did "a mechanical thing" to the Bobcat.

So maybe he initially claimed to have been at DSI getting the new blade installed at some specific time that he thought (wrongly, of course) would clear himself -- ie 2:30-3pm on 5/9 -- but then was confronted with the conflicting data of the timestamp on his receipt or the timing told to LE by DSI employees when interviewed.

MOO

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  13. Floridagirl1006

Floridagirl1006 Active Member

Maybe others had thoughts on this and I missed it. I’m trying to understand why, knowing abusive people in my past, she texted her sister on the 8th that she was tired of BMs instability and verbal/ physical abuse. At some point she tells him that they are done. Yet on the 9th he asks her about going on a hike. She asks where and he doesn’t respond. In my mind leave it at that…”thank god I don’t have to spend time with him”. Yet she texts again and asks if he wants to meet up. He says no that he is coming home. I thought maybe she wanted things to appear normal but the daughters were not there….no audience to appear normal for. So why even entertain the idea?

Kemug, IHateCrime2, Kingsley and 6 others like this.
  14. Truecolors

Truecolors Well-Known Member

Certainly in the mountains, as well. The sun is strong at high altitudes.

15. Truecolors

Truecolors Well-Known Member

JMO…

I see SM as a deeply loving woman. While she was no longer in love with BM, I believe she did truly care about him. I believe she wanted him to be well, wanted him to be okay with the divorce. So I see that text asking again about the hike to be an expression of her care for her daughters’ father. Yes, she’s planning to divorce. But she’ll still feed him veggie soup and go on a hike, because she cares about him.

MOO

16. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

Not necessarily. When one is in direct sun and calm air, it can feel warm on your skin in surprisingly low temperatures. Especially if the person is acclimated to it. I worked up near Donner Summit for a while and one day in late winter, at over 6000' elevation, working outside in 40*F (but working in a stationary spot, not moving around or exerting), I warmed up and removed my sweatshirt and was comfortable in Tshirt short sleeves. A coworker from the mild-climate Bay Area then arrived and couldn't understand how I wasn't freezing.

I also think that SM's habit/desire to be tan, along with her giddy situation with her lover (ie oppty to send sexy selfies), may have prompted her to be out there even if temperatures had been marginal. But it sounds like it was more than warm enough for a spring fever sun-soaking session.

MOO

IHAVENOCLUE, Flicka1, 24Brix and 10 others like this.
  17. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

I think Suzanne may have done a lot of going along to get along.

MOO

18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think it was later on that evening, around midnight that the strange activity occurred on Suzanne's FB. JL may have been concerned, but I doubt it was about whether or not Suzanne had met someone else after not hearing from her for two days. I wish he had called police.

Flicka1, al66pine, jakat and 8 others like this.
  19. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Agree.
    Sadly, she still had enough care for him to trust him to be just be "difficult."
    In truth he was already a stranger. If she wasn't going to do what he wanted, he then was motivated to remove her from the picture his way.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Flicka1, al66pine, mom2chloe and 6 others like this.
  20. genuineusa77

Not in December and January as mentioned. We were skiing with LOTS of snow during those months.

Flicka1, al66pine and Boxer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.