Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64
Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70

Thread #71

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

Well, if she was sending selfie’s her phone was probably in hand. Assuming he really did shoot her with a dart, IMO she would have had plenty of time to react before becoming incapacitated. It doesn’t take long to do five clicks (there’s that five again!) on an iPhone to trigger a 911 call. So he would have had to immediately restrain her to prevent something like that. But regardless, I imagine she would have run, or at least tried to run, or maybe just surrendered with a “Why…why…why…”

Holy-moly… As I type this, I realize I have to ask myself, could there be an aborted 911 call from SM’s phone that marks the day and time she was attacked? If the call went through and was abandoned, no doubt LE and an EMT would have been dispatched automatically to follow up. And that didn’t happen.

But what if the call was canceled before the connection was fully made? Or what if the keys were pressed but she wasn’t able to swipe right to place the call? Or he wrestled the phone away from her before the countdown ended and it auto-called? What if those key presses were logged in the cloud? (I would think they would be.) It’s not impossible given what we think we know now and the implications are staggering. :eek:

The “five-button emergency press” is configured by default on iPhone 7 and earlier, it’s configurable as an alternative to the new “double-button press” default on iPhone 8 and later. Read more here…

Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone
and I've been pondering the "2:47pm" time on the AA for days - ever since I hear that very specific timeframe knowing his arrival was at 2:44pm and his airplane mode was set on his cell at 2:47pm

I think it's pretty well known that Barry hunts. Really not uncommon in the midwest. I grew up in Michigan and they close schools for the opening of deer season. Trying to equate hunters with murders is pretty hilarious and typical of some of our You Tube pals. My husband doesn't hunt, but loves it when friends gift us with venison, elk and other game...I don't eat red meat and love Bambi.

and I've been pondering the "2:47pm" time on the AA for days - ever since I hear that very specific timeframe knowing his arrival was at 2:44pm and his airplane mode was set on his cell at 2:47pm

Could the 2:44 to the 2:47 account for the “several minutes” around the outside of the house?

Former FBI Special Agent Jonathan Grusing testified Tuesday that data from Barry Morphew’s phone shows that he drove home at 2:44 p.m. on Saturday, May 9 and was moving around the outside of the house for several minutes until the phone went on airplane mode. It was 7 more hours before the phone switched out of airplane mode at 10:17 p.m, prosecutors said.

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

I think it's pretty well known that Barry hunts. Really not uncommon in the midwest. I grew up in Michigan and they close schools for the opening of deer season. Trying to equate hunters with murders is pretty hilarious and typical of some of our You Tube pals. My husband doesn't hunt, but loves it when friends gift us with venison, elk and other game...I don't eat red meat and love Bambi.
BBM
I take it serious not hilarious. A hunter can compete with a soldier certainly better than an average citizen, because he already knows how to properly operate, clean and maintain a gun. And he may also be more used to rapidly spotting an enemy in different environments...

Could the 2:44 to the 2:47 account for the “several minutes” around the outside of the house?

Former FBI Special Agent Jonathan Grusing testified Tuesday that data from Barry Morphew’s phone shows that he drove home at 2:44 p.m. on Saturday, May 9 and was moving around the outside of the house for several minutes until the phone went on airplane mode. It was 7 more hours before the phone switched out of airplane mode at 10:17 p.m, prosecutors said.

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say
yes - and I believe he was stalking her in a camo coat - and that's why he threw the coat away. It's the 2:47pm that is bugging me - I've looked through her pictures to see if she has a fitbit or smart watch and am not finding proof - someone upthread mentioned she wouldn't wear that while sunbathing and I will have to differ - 3 IN girls at the beach this weekend all had fitbits/apple watches on - cool tan lines and all.....

yes - and I believe he was stalking her in a camo coat - and that's why he threw the coat away. It's the 2:47pm that is bugging me - I've looked through her pictures to see if she has a fitbit or smart watch and am not finding proof - someone upthread mentioned she wouldn't wear that while sunbathing and I will have to differ - 3 IN girls at the beach this weekend all had fitbits/apple watches on - cool tan lines and all.....

There is a photo of SM wearing a smart watch of some kind -- I'll see if I can find it.
Edited: Sorry, I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Wonder if he went into the garage safe and found 70 grand missing, and flipped.

I will be very surprised if there is a way to prove BM is missing 70k in cash. It's BM, the guy who's buddy did 400 tours, the guy who had three 30 interviews. The guy who shot 80 deadly chipmunks.

BM and the truth are not always on the same page, IMO.

I plotted Barry's course on the morning of the 10th. That is clearly a man in panic mode.

Google Maps
I always believed that COVID19 conditions and the Sunday holiday were probably on his side that dreadful date. Under normal conditions, he may have been reported for acting suspiciously. I wonder if the F-350 is one of the vehicles still carrying Indiana tags?

Did I read posts on the last thread of Barry walking a river? If so when was that?
On May 9, BM's phone is pinged near the river behind his home. Investigators asked why this was, his response was, "I was looking for a turkey that Mallory had shot some time ago." 11:50 a.m. – 12:50 p.m. — Lauren Scharf (@LaurenScharfTV) August 10, 2021 (original tweet said 12:50am which I believe is a typo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23