CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

There was never any mention of any other helmet. At the house or otherwise.

2. Herat

Herat Way out West

YES

The creep was going to let his daughters find her missing and be the ones to call LE, not the neighbor.

but maybe, Ssschu, ar3593 and 36 others like this.
  3. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

Now there's an interesting thought and wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Wonder if he did any landscaping in the neighborhood in general?

4. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Thank you.

5. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

I believe MG was using a Bobcat to rake out the beach. She though she was going to be working all day Saturday. She’s been fairly forthcoming. Wouldn’t she say that they had to stop work early because BM had to make a repair to the Bobcat? If she wasn’t using BM’s Bobcat, which one was she using? According to her, BM worked at the beach Friday night. What equipment did he use then?

6. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

Did the Mayor's wife go missing that day too?

2468X, Ssschu, IHAVENOCLUE and 34 others like this.
  7. sunshine4040

sunshine4040 Well-Known Member

That is a really good point. I would bet there were multiple helmets. Perhaps he grabbed the wrong helmet when he grabbed the bike.
    But when they searched the house, they found her helmet? There is something up with this helmet? IMO
    That's a long time stretch ? For a totally visible helmet in that search area . Barry put it there. When? IMO

8. TexieLouWho21

TexieLouWho21 Well-Known Member

It looks like a 1999 Kawasaki Prairie 300 2X4. Definitely too old for GPS.
    MOO

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  9. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I'm parking this here - I wonder if this is the reporter embellishing the testimony? We had discussed the "hydro" reference but this is the first time I recall seeing a specific name rather than just the "hydro".

Sydnee Stelle
    @SydneeStelle

·
    Aug 10
    On 05/08/20, Suzanne wrote a note in her phone about all the reasons she wanted a divorce from Barry. It appears he tried to look through her phone while they were on vacation, he accused her of having a boyfriend and he didn't like when she would take hydrocodone.
    ---
    Sydnee Stelle
    @SydneeStelle

·
    Aug 10
    It's unclear why she was taking hydrocodone, but we do know that her cancer had come back. She confided in a close friend that she was worried about the toll her marriage was taking on her health.

https://twitter.com/sydneestelle?lang=en

Ssschu, ar3593, IHAVENOCLUE and 29 others like this.
  10. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Barry said early on that “the girls were running late”. Has there been any information as to when they were expected home, and when they actually arrived?

*Verdigris, Flicka1, jakat and 14 others like this.
  11. sunshine4040

sunshine4040 Well-Known Member

I bet she did not like it when he took meth. If he did? she wouldn't like it. By his admission. About some of his employees IIRC. Would not doubt it. IMO.

Flicka1, kkdj and al66pine like this.
  12. kshultz06082

We have a bunch purely because our daughter plays sports. Aside from her games, we are not outdoorsy at all and off the top of my head, I count 6 of varying sizes. But Mr. Outdoors doesn't have a single one at home. Weird. Jmo

IHAVENOCLUE, CalmSeas, Aloe and 14 others like this.
  13. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Commander says 8 hours passed from the time that #BarryMorphew texted #SuzanneMorphew that morning to the time neighbors reached out to him about concerns of her whereabouts. Commander notes Barry never called the police. @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424748939266322439?s=21

BarryMorphew told investigators it wasn't unusual for him to not get a text back from #SuzanneMorphew because signal is weak sometimes. Investigators say Barry told them he asked the neighbors to call police because he was worried about Suzanne. @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424754717008175113?s=21

Attorney Dru Neilsen is now questioning Agent Grusing. They are looking at #BarryMorphew phone records proving that Barry called Suzanne as he drove home from Broomfield. No answer.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425189338078384142?s=21

May 10: #BarryMorphew called #SuzanneMorphew at 11:20 a.m. then called Mallory at 12:06 p.m.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425190169452367874?s=21

*Verdigris, Aloe, Flicka1 and 12 others like this.
  14. kshultz06082

It was found .84 miles from the home. It could not have been moved from the house after she was reported missing because the house was locked down immediately. Jmo

15. 24Brix

24Brix Well-Known Member

RSBM.

They say never ask a witness a question you don’t know the answer to. Or don’t want the answer to.

I think it’s telling that they asked specifically about blood and only blood. And I won’t be surprised if we ultimately find out that other bodily fluid(s) were in fact found in unexpected places. (If a tranquilizer is involved that could very well result in a loss of bladder control, for one example.)

If LE was able to successfully collect material evidence from the trash runs, my money would be on the Men’s Wearhouse dumpster. It’s pretty big for a store like that and I expect it’s on a less frequent collection schedule since it’s not a restaurant or a hotel. Evidence could linger there longer than at the other locations.

Fingers crossed.

MOO.

16. notbornyesterday

notbornyesterday Well-Known Member

BUT my thoughts on that- IF that job was screwed up once by "methheads" and he had to go back and redo it (and probably on his own dime because I doubt he would get paid again for a job HE screwed up) wouldn't he plan to stay there and make sure it was done right this time???? Especially if he was going up with another crew who he has alluded to being questionable people and he hired JP who had never even worked for him. From a business standpoint, that alone makes no sense to me. Maybe BM hasn't had his mind on his business in a while, to let his crew go up and screw up a government job last year. What HAS been on his mind?

17. Monty Ma

Monty Ma Active Member

The "found" helmet had SM's contact info in it as was recommended to her by JL. It would be incredibly interesting if it turned out that this was not her helmet. I do agree, there is something up with this helmet. Is this why LE was so tight lipped about what the "found" item was?

IHAVENOCLUE, DeDee, osu and 7 others like this.
  18. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

What's the date for the corn purchase? Was that one of his errands (WalMart?) in Broomsfield?

19. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

That’s the thing. In a year’s time, could Barry ever explain exactly why he had to get such an early start to make his way to Broomfield, to do prep work on Sunday for a Monday job? What did he prep? If it wasn’t site work (illegal on a Sunday and not done), what did he spend his time doing? Did he go to the Walmart and buy drinks and food for the crew for their time spent on the job? Did he admit that he was just trying to get away from the tension in the household and spend the day lounging at the HIE? That would be plausible to me. For him to say he was doing prep work is a lie. He left the bobcat home, spent less than 20 minutes at a jobsite that took him 3 hours to get to. When was the very first mention of him going to Broomfield that Sunday, to anyone that can verify it?

20. Herat

Herat Way out West

I recall some mention that the job at Broomfield was booked with BM a month before SM's disappearance.

Wouldn't there be some e-mail trail of the conditions, prep-work, site permit, other such business details that would normally be part of the planning. Is there a reason by the owner for the sudden need for this work to start on Monday?

The email trail on this should be very interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.