CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Amethyst

Blue Amethyst Well-Known Member

Thank you, so well written.

Suzanne was finally happy and so deserved to be. Perhaps JL was finally happy too. We just really don’t know anything about his life.

I think if Suzanne was alive they may have ended up together. It wouldn’t be the first time that a man left his wife and kids.

Life is short and perhaps they both found an excitement in life that they were missing.

2. My understanding is JL recommended this when he was encouraging SM to take up mountain biking. Good precaution in case of injury. I doubt BM even knew that info was tucked into the helmet. MOO

3. IronyDetective

IronyDetective Well-Known Member

Jumping off your post IRBHTX
    I have never been able to understand WHY LE kept the “personal item” discovered that we now know to be the bike helmet so quiet. Why not release that information to the public in the week Suzanne disappeared? Maybe I am missing something but whether it had been her engagement ring or her bike helmet, why not tell us? IMO

4. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

LE never spoke about the bike or the helmet. They resisted pressure from BM's team to address the bike. They knew from the beginning
    that there was no bike ride. They gave that story absolutely no public validation.
    They handled the crime expertly. Moo
    Edit to add. Speeze was no novice. BM underestimated who he was dealing with.

5. Unfortunately, JL was happy to walk away from any care for her or responsibility to share what he knew of her life after her disappearance. So I would respond with an adamant "no" to the idea that he even debated coming forward.

He told LE he didn't want his life to change as a result of the affair. He was not going to leave his family!

He is probably back in the singles market now or soon will be. No doubt his job, his kids, his priorities are still #1 to him. Would you date him?

I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on to a new fling once SM was conveniently out of the picture.

JM(very jaded)O

Aloe, ar3593, Blue Amethyst and 21 others like this.
  6. genuineusa77

genuineusa77 Well-Known Member

I disagree. I don't believe for a new york minute, he would have been fool enough to leave his wife and job. Hopefully, he got his morals back.

7. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

susiQ, al66pine, fcavanaugh and 2 others like this.
  8. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Was it Dexter (from the TV show) that used M-99 animal tranquilizer on his victims? It’s lethal in humans. I don’t know where Barry would have obtained something like that - other than safaris?

Wish we had the arrest affidavit…

9. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I also agree that Barry was familiar with tranquiler darts from his own deer farm in Indiana. I assume we will all find out shortly where the darts came from-they could have been from a previous stash he had when they still lived in Indiana, or from his buddy there who also had a deer farm. If he didn’t have any darts on hand, he may have pilfered them from the fire station.

The puzzle piece this morning is where Suzanne was sunbathing. It is likely that she was not on the patio near the hot tub, if she was on a chaise lounge. The lounge chairs were in a different spot. If he darted her there, and she tried to run, it looks like she would be on dirt and there would be some disturbance to the ground as she tried to flee. If she was incapacitated immediately, he would have had to pick her up and carry her to wherever his plans took him. That spot is a lot closer to the garage.

10. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

RBBM
    I don't find it hard to believe at all. Normal people aren't proud of an affair. Suzanne seemed pretty normal to me. :(

11. Stripehaven

Stripehaven Well-Known Member

I’ve been scrambling like mad trying to keep up but it just hasn’t been possible for me. Can someone clarify - am I understanding that BM apparently chased SM around the house shooting at her?? And claiming he was shooting chipmunks - apparently to explain away any gunshot noise that was overheard???

I cannot wait for this guy to be sent away for life.

Blue Amethyst, tmar, al66pine and 6 others like this.
  12. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I also agree. I didn't get the impression he had any intent of upsetting his family life at that time in his life. Even the timing of all his deletions and disposal of his phone firms up that opinion in his mind. He attempted to "erase" Suzanne in hopes he wouldn't be found or have to disclose his infidelity to his wife.

13. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

This^^. No need to disclose helmet info to the general public since there was no bike ride from which to attach a missing person to. This was a murder from the gitgo...LE knew that, and also knew their POI, aka suspect. JMO. Waiting on that individual to trip up and disclose info only he would know is standard operating procedure...imo.

14. I'm not understanding. The "house would not occlude approach from the driveway." What does that mean? According to your visual, the patio was completely shaded when she was thought to be sunbathing there?

Sorry to be so dense.

al66pine, dkryder, Murphy1950 and 2 others like this.
  15. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

I was hoping someone would get clever and map the movement of the sun on 5/9!! Nice work, 24Brix. Like I said before, direct Colorado sun is glorious, a sunbather's dream. Until it's blocked.

Perhaps Barry DID see Suzanne sunbathing (possibly on the smaller patio) and taking selfies -- by trail cam. But by 2:44 Suzanne had relocated, lying on a bed, wrapped for warmth.

Perhaps he felt compelled to remind her that she was his.

Hunter, possessor.

JMO

16. TexieLouWho21

TexieLouWho21 Well-Known Member

Just for the sake of curiosity, was the driveway ever confirmed to be freshly raked/leveled? MOO. That would have erased fresh marks from tires, or drag marks, or any activity of any kind. The Bobcat was off the trailer. There was some bantering of fresh rock being spread. I'm sure I'm just grasping at straws. All MOO. The she would have been on dirt, and disturbance to the ground, just made my mind click. Just throwing a thought out. MOO

17. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

MOO JL was worried he might become a suspect in SM’s disappearance. That’s one of his first questions to FBI when they finally found out who he was.
    “Nielsen says Jeff never came forward to law enforcement until they reached out to him 6 months after #SuzanneMorphew went missing. She says Jeff asked FBI if he was a target of the investigation, they allegedly told him "no" and that they would "protect him"
    https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424766614180827137?s=21

Kemug, Blue Amethyst, susiQ and 16 others like this.
  18. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

At the time the Puma Path property was listed for sale with photos posted, IIRC we noticed fresh gravel on the driveway. But I think the photos from the investigation (media photos and flyover video) showed no fresh gravel at that time. All MOO and IIRC

19. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

JL’s wife could initiate a separation or divorce. Everything isn’t entirely up to him.

Aloe, girlhasnoname, TRB and 26 others like this.
  20. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

That is not substantiated. It was an idea (that he was chasing Suzanne around the house with a tranquilizer dart gun) one of the investigators put forth in the preliminary based on their interpretation of some ping data. But defense pointed out that the data might be flawed and implied he was running around at 35 mph to generate the results the way interpreted. I think alot of testimony if needed will be devoted to cell phone analysis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.