Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That dart cap was shared to the universe. It is the home run. It all but nails BM as being the last using the clothes dryer because Suzanne didn't shoot a tranquilizer dart into her own body. We needed to have the four darts present, then there's three left after Suzanne went missing? A missing dart doesn't prove murder yet when coupled w all of the other copious amts of stuff already and yet to come, it's a strong case for DA LS, jmho.

The Universe aligned one lingering item to remain in the clothes dryer: a tranquilizer gun's cap. Reckon we'll see the gun with BM in recordings on audio via the Spy Pen? Hope LE gathered lots of evidence while inside the M home.

I looked for a particular video to no avail. This one shows a wild animal being shot 4 times, xxxx, with a tranquilizer gun. How far away from his target if Barry had 20' is he? Maybe someone w/ weapons experience could ID the type gun the Officer uses to sedate the mountain lion in this Pleasanton, Cali since we think BM used the .22.

Mountain Lion captured in Pleasanton after hunkering down in bushes for hours
I agree DeDee and I think there will be more bomb shells, especially in the Trial, to follow.

The LE, FBI and all involved worked meticulously to build a 1st degree no body case. They kept it close to the vest and are still looking for Suzanne's remains.

Barry is going down in flames, literally and figuratively IMO.

I disagree that the alleged church camping trip had any parental involvement. This event took place during covid when Idaho had closed borders to non-essential travel. This trip was most likely the wish of college kids and the younger sister was along for the ride. I think any church affiliation will be shown as false during the trial. MOO
Agreed. But wasn’t it Utah, not Idaho?

On May 7, #BarryMorphew texted a person about getting a new truck. Attempted to call #SuzanneMorphew dad Gene. Also texted George Davis. Mallory was sending pictures of their trip to Utah and also a text that said, "Finally got the job!"
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425180902745858048?s=21

I disagree that the alleged church camping trip had any parental involvement. This event took place during covid when Idaho had closed borders to non-essential travel. This trip was most likely the wish of college kids and the younger sister was along for the ride. I think any church affiliation will be shown as false during the trial. MOO
I didn’t even think of it as a church trip. I do believe that when the trip was brought to Suzanne’s attention, she felt it would be THE time to tell BM she was leaving. I am also one who believed he had premeditated her death for quite some time and when she told him while the girls were gone, BM took advantage of the timing to carry out his heinous crime.

I too remember awhile back there were talks that she was communicating with a friend about the upcoming virtual wedding. But I do not think that conversation between the friend came out yet in the preliminary hearing. (please someone correct me if I am wrong) Maybe we will hear about that next week. IMO
This is the only mention I’ve seen. All Lauren’s tweets before this were about phone activity on May 8 and the ones right after this are about May 9.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425185800120057861?s=21

#SuzanneMorphew sent messages to Sheila Oliver about her daughters wedding the next day.

I too remember awhile back there were talks that she was communicating with a friend about the upcoming virtual wedding. But I do not think that conversation between the friend came out yet in the preliminary hearing. (please someone correct me if I am wrong) Maybe we will hear about that next week. IMO
I think SO and SM communicated in some form daily but I now believe the communication that was "abruptly" discontinued was in fact communication between JL and SM. Since we didn't know about JL prior to the preliminary hearing, I think SO was the assumed communication that ended on Saturday. MOO

I can't recall where it was said and who said it was a church trip. I always associated with the last day of college for the semester and Utah, not Idaho. The Idaho/Utah thing must have been some really early reporting. Regardless it wasn't church/Idaho and it probably won't come up again.

This is the only mention I’ve seen. All Lauren’s tweets before this were about phone activity on May 8 and the ones right after this are about May 9.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425185800120057861?s=21

#SuzanneMorphew sent messages to Sheila Oliver about her daughters wedding the next day.

Thank you @Cindizzi! I was reviewing NoSi notes also and didn't see anything more. I hope they talk more about this next week because I feel it's extremely important to the case.

I think SO and SM communicated in some form daily but I now believe the communication that was "abruptly" discontinued was in fact communication between JL and SM. Since we didn't know about JL prior to the preliminary hearing, I think SO was the assumed communication that ended on Saturday. MOO
I agree @Seattle1 !

Does anyone know the color of Suzanne’s bike? Early on, the PE guys spoke of a pink bike, and a bike used for parts.The bike that was pulled up was dark blue. Articles vary on pedal color-colorful, light blue. We talked a lot about her bike for a year, but I am unsure as to a definite answer.
Maybe one of the daughters had a pink bike? I never saw anything reported about a pink bike being pulled from the ravine and I don't recall any info about other bikes belonging to family members. I do believe the description of the bike pulled from the ravine was accurate...blue and it was Suzanne's.

Agreed. But wasn’t it Utah, not Idaho?

On May 7, #BarryMorphew texted a person about getting a new truck. Attempted to call #SuzanneMorphew dad Gene. Also texted George Davis. Mallory was sending pictures of their trip to Utah and also a text that said, "Finally got the job!"
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425180902745858048?s=21

Thanks, @Cindizzi. I believe Utah was introduced during the preliminary whereas the church camp was previously reported as Idaho. Traveling by car, the route would likely include crossing Utah to arrive Idaho. Same with the return drive to Colorado from Idaho.

I also believe Idaho was mentioned by family on YT but with extra care by WS members to exclude the daughters from posts this information is not readily included here. MOO

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Last edited:
Maybe one of the daughters had a pink bike? I never saw anything reported about a pink bike being pulled from the ravine and I don't recall any info about other bikes belonging to family members. I do believe the description of the bike pulled from the ravine was accurate...blue and it was Suzanne's.
Yes, absolutely a blue bike was recovered. The pink bike was something that the PE guys floated, saying that Barry had possibly purchased a bike for parts the week before, then mentioned a pink bike but not necessarily connecting the two.
We know that the recovered bike is dark bluish, and the front brake is in locked position.

We really don't know the true condition of their financial picture just yet. What we do know, is that they borrowed from GM over the years...their arguments, according to SM, was about money 80% of the time....and, according to MM....they had financial pressures, living beyond their means, etc. That doesn't sound entirely "successful" to me. And this is separate from any shady, questionable matters, such as possibly the COVID loan. We don't know yet just what their situation really was. But it will eventually come out.
Jumping off your post @Scootie98, they moved to a completely new location, different topography, perhaps requiring different equipment and a learning curve, new people/clients to meet in order to build a business which takes time. The costs of doing business don't change; payroll taxes, income taxes, workers compensation insurance, liability insurance, fuel, equipment maintenance, new/replacement equipment. All of that takes time and costs $.

IMO, the Broomfield job came to Barry through a connection in IN. Instead of being grateful for the work and the opportunity to break into the CO market and showcase his company, BM sends 2 guys who didn't have the skill set to do the job, which they totally biffed and things went downhill from there when it came to the wall, no urgency on Barry's part to make it right until he needed an alibi. When he got called away for his "family emergency," he was quick to say his workers would just have to figure it out. What a conscientious leader and business owner!

The Morphews appear to have tied up all their cash resources in their home if they had to borrow $ to close the transaction. They were driving late model vehicles, traveling and taking trips for pleasure and hunting. Then there are the basic living expenses, utilities, cell phones for 4 people, car maintenance and insurance, gas, food, health insurance and deductibles, property insurance and taxes, college for their daughter.

IMO, the Morphews were having some major cash flow problems. IMO, their move to CO was a big show of "moving on up," and putting IN in the rearview mirror. While some may say they "downsized," I'd say not exactly; they reduced their living space by at least half but doubled the cost of their home, getting too far over their skis. IMO it wasn't long before their remaining cash was spent and their income slowed to a trickle.

I haven't perused their IN holdings but the ones that were posted yesterday were for the house his mother resides in and some acreage, so not a huge stream of income there. Their most consistent stream of income was probably the monthly payments from the people who bought their IN house.

They appear to have paid cash for the CO house as there is nothing recorded to evidence a mortgage or seller financing. If they wanted to take out a Home Equity Loan or Line of Credit, they would still need to show that they had the income to repay it. The sale of the IN home was what Suzanne was waiting for to bankroll her departure. The proceeds from any future divorce settlement would take some time.

I spent my working life being privy to other people's finances in a number of different capacities and the foregoing is JMO based on my life experience in the financial and legal industries.

How could that be if Andy knew it happened in August and they didn't find JL until November? Maybe Suzanne abruptly (unintended) cut off SO to take a call/accept a message from JL. Not sure how many devices were in play

Last edited:
They did very well. Their spread in Indiana was magnificent. I believe
mortgage free too!
Sure, but they may have been asset rich and cash poor, which wouldn’t surprise me one bit. Nor would learning that BM was involved in shady financial business dealings considering he appears to think laws and rules don’t apply to him, voter fraud etc.
So yeah, I’m especially interested to hopefully eventually learn what the financial forensics show.

Also, considering they borrowed the $100k from Gene Moorman for down payment on PP home, and MBM stated she was aware that BM also borrowed significant amounts of money from some of his friends too before the move to Colorado (link below to MBM TIR interview @ approx 1:13 mark), besides BM obvious greed, I think alot had to do with appearances and keeping up with a certain lifestyle that they were likely living above their means.
I wonder who these friends are that loaned BM significant amounts of money to go toward purchasing the PP home? How much did he ask for/did his friends give him? (I agree with MBM- who does that, asks their friends to borrow significant amounts of money to put down on a house?! If you can’t afford it and/or get a bank loan, you don’t buy it!!). Was the plan that BM would pay these friends back too after the Arcadia, IN home sold/closed? On just a wink, smile and a handshake, or? Did he pay his friends back last June when the IN house sold?
I realize these are rhetorical questions that may never have answers to.

I’m glad I listened to this very informative interview again. Another thing that stood out was when MBM was describing that she spoke with her Dad GM about requesting a promissory note for the 100k @ 1:04.12: paraphrased “Barry turned the tables and said Gene I thought you trusted me, he shamed my Dad and in next breath said get the note from Suzanne, she’s the one who borrowed the money. So he completely extricated himself out of that responsibility, shamed my Dad, and threw Suzanne under the bus all at the same time.”
Gee, what a guy! (insert sarcasm and gag emoji).

Justice is coming dear Suzanne.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-clarity

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that the bike found was the bike Suzanne usually rode? In the CM TIR video, around 54:00 there is discussion of a second bike, possibly bought for parts.

There has been a lot of discussion about that and I originally thought Barry would be too cheap to throw away an expensive bike as Suzanne's has been described. Now that we know JL introduced her to mountain biking, just maybe he would as a final F-you to Suzanne and JL. JMO

Edited to correct typo

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely a blue bike was recovered. The pink bike was something that the PE guys floated, saying that Barry had possibly purchased a bike for parts the week before, then mentioned a pink bike but not necessarily connecting the two.
We know that the recovered bike is dark bluish, and the front brake is in locked position.
And then we have these bikes. Daughters’? This photo was taken at the Morphew home on Tuesday, May 12th. This article also has good shots of the dig site in Salida.
Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

Attachments

• C02F430C-7151-4C16-9A3D-FF2C94EF9089.jpeg
    C02F430C-7151-4C16-9A3D-FF2C94EF9089.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 4B43265C-AEF2-4228-BB38-865C64C8D113.jpeg
    4B43265C-AEF2-4228-BB38-865C64C8D113.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 73
Thanks, @Cindizzi. I believe Utah was introduced during the preliminary whereas the church camp was previously reported as Idaho. Traveling by car, the route would likely include crossing Utah to arrive Idaho. Same with the return drive to Colorado from Idaho.

I also believe Idaho was mentioned by family on YT but with extra care by WS members to exclude the daughters from posts this information is not readily included here. MOO

Anywhere in Utah is at least 4 hours from Gunnison, and more from Salida/Maysville. I have not seen anything in the timeline about the girls contacting their Mom for Mother’s Day. I see Barry calling Mallory at 12:06 pm to inquire if they had heard from Suzanne. They had not. It appears that they did not get home before 6 pm, because MH and his father were the only ones looking for Suzanne at the house. M&M were not there yet. I wonder if they ever intended to come home and spend the day. It doesn’t seem like they packed up and left when they knew at noon that no one had heard from Suzanne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3