CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the same place BM used to workout at and in front of where LE arrested him? Wonder if he worked for them doing odd jobs in exchange for a free membership?
    He also seemed to be working for his last condo residence.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021

2. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

Was Barry trying to woo Suzanne back, do you think, in the days between her "I'm done" statement, and when she was last heard from?

susiQ, Warwick7, jakat and 12 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I don’t know what to make of it myself. I’m leaning towards him trying to win her back though, as he appears to have done the same things he always did (guilt her with suicidal threats, and then love-bomb her).

At some point he must have realized it was hopeless, and decided he was going to kill her.

4. MemPat

MemPat Without Art the Earth is just Eh!

If we think we're anxious as time moves toward justice for Suzanne, imagine how much indigestion Barry's getting from his bologna sandwiches and Chili Cheese Fritos! Bring on Monday! Pile on the facts!

5. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

It depends how devious he is. It could have been staging for the 'very good' relationship.

None of this looks like a heat of the moment decision to murder, I don't think it was just any coincidence that he did it when he did it (imo), because he needed the girls to raise the alarm and he needed Suzanne's last contact with other people to have been as close as possible to his departure on Mothers Day.

He couldn't have done this on Thursday or Friday and have no contact between Suzanne and others before the alarm was raised on Sunday.

I think we should look at why he did it at 2:44pm and not in the evening, giving himself more proof that Suzanne was alive closer to the time he left for Denver. That long time while Suzanne is not responding to texts and is not using her phone in her normal habit is problematic for him, but for some reason he couldn't wait. I don't think any of this was reactionary, I think he went in with a detailed checklist for how to get away with it.

MOO

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  6. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

Thank you! Another member said it was @Hoosierfan72 I was mistaken the person was verified. But, I’m glad you pointed out the list. I forget to check there.

7. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

And I think she would be much more likely to check the pockets before she did a load of wash. Men on the other hand....Oops, was that a little sexist? lol...

brissygirl2019, SoBu, susiQ and 17 others like this.
  8. MaisieBella

MaisieBella Well-Known Member

I do think the house hunting was for herself and daughter.

9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

And the irony that BM and their daughter end up living at Tailwinds in a Townhome. :eek:

10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I'm not sure where BM worked out but I recall that VFF received a membership as a benefit provided by the CCFD.

Volunteer | Chaffee County Fire

11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Yes --very much the pattern of abuse and manipulation that worked for BM for decades. I believe SM standing strong in her decision to be 'done' fueled BM to carry out his final act to kill her.

12. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

Wanted to make one distinction here....while Suzanne was ignoring Barry on Saturday am...she was communicating with JL, if not SO....That didn't happen on Saturday evening or at anytime on Sunday. She may have ignored Barry, but she didn't ignore her friends and lover.

13. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

This isn't nice to think about, but if/when Suzanne's body is found, will the experts be able to tell if she was buried alive?

14. Scootie98

Wanted to make one distinction here....while Suzanne was ignoring Barry on Saturday am...she was communicating with JL, if not SO....That didn't happen on Saturday evening or at anytime on Sunday. She may have ignored Barry, but she didn't ignore her friends and lover.
    If I heard this report from Lauren correctly....then George called Barry after he got a call from another FF buddy that the bike was found. And Barry answered George's call...unlike the 2 calls from LE?

2468X, *Verdigris, Aloe and 24 others like this.
  15. mommame

mommame Well-Known Member

The e bike rider.....seems like I remember that someone did a blow up, the guy had a wig on and they thought it was. ....But I dont remember who, but it was someone from Barrys group. Does anyone else remember this?

16. Scootie98

Appears to me that Suzanne was willing to be with Barry in public places...where others were around...but that was it. I don't think she trusted him enough to be in a secluded place.

17. Scootie98

Looks like we can add "tone deaf" to the many Barry attributes.

18. 303gmf

303gmf Well-Known Member

I have her picture saved from last September but since she is not a poi I can’t share it, definitely not a “he”

19. Scootie98

This reminds me of another issue that has been discussed....Barry presenting love letters from Suzanne. That was important because it didn't demonstrate that Barry loved Suzanne and appeared to be not supporting Barry's love for her. But now that we know Suzanne was done with the marriage..and wanted a divorce. I see Barry producing those letters quite differently. I now think he produced them to sell the idea that Suzanne still loved him and that their marriage was healthy and happy...iow...he was trying to hide the reality of the marriage...and not that he was trying to convince the world that he loved her; as was my initial impression.

20. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.