CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Especially with being a hunter, I don't think he would have done that. imo

It's not what they do. They are generally well-taught to not leave any creature maimed and helpless.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021

2. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

I doubt it. If her body were found intact, it would be greatly decomposed. Unlikely they could determine, but if they were able to rule out gunshot, stabbing, blunt force trauma, etc., they might determine strangulation. Else, if they suspected death by suffocation, I don’t know how they could determine if that happened above ground (ex: pillow over face) or below ground (ex: buried alive.) Ugh. :(

jmo

3. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

No I don’t recall discussing it but we aren’t allowed to sleuth everyone. I remember the image and I thought it was a woman. But never thought it was related to the case.

4. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

I don't see anything cryptic about SM's tweets about Barry's secret life. After all, she acknowledged her own. I thimk it is simply her description about Barry projecting an image to the rest of the world that was different than his personal life with her and at home. Barry was all about making impressions, while ignoring reality. I think that is all that she was referring to. Didn't he even tell her he wanted to "look good" to others, or something to that affect? I think she was completely fed up with the hypocrisy...and the phoniness...and the double life was simply his unwillingless to face reality and change. Could be wrong of course...but thats what I think she was referring to.

brissygirl2019, susiQ, jakat and 14 others like this.
  5. What do we know about the bluff where Barry laid on the ground in Aug. 2020? Location? Drones?

At 20:15 in this PE video where CD is talking to SM's brother about the search, AM says a friend of his took a photo of BM doing this.

I think this is crucial to finding SM's body. Maybe the prelim will cover it this week? Your thoughts?
    MOO

6. I agree. The CO isolation also caused SM to become more aware of the gulf that had grown between them. When the daughters were both at home and she interacted regularly with her close ties in IN, it wasn't something she really focused on.

CO really changed that & her questioning it set BM off. I think it turned him toward DV more because she started realizing that control does not equal love & pushed back. Maybe in the hustle & bustle of her life in IN, it was easier to ignore. In facing a return of the cancer, maybe she was reevaluating the kind of life she wanted. And being told what to wear (being micromanaged), for example, became untenable.

JMHO

brissygirl2019, SoBu, susiQ and 21 others like this.
  7. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

You made my point much better than I did. I think in Indiana, with Suzanne's family close by...Barry was likely more in check...but as you mentioned, the isolation of Colorado basically took away any inhibitions that he may have had in Indiana.

8. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Impossible to catch up these days but I'm at a loss as to where it came from that Barry had a 2nd phone?

9. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

I’ve wondered this as well. Perhaps a clever sleuther will put this location on a map with timelines.

NWLady, susiQ, Error505 and 8 others like this.
  10. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I think there are several places of interest and speculation but unless her body is found prior to a trial or there is actual forensic evidence it is all speculative and won’t come up at preliminary. But I will certainly be watching the tweets Monday and Tuesday! Perhaps his travels will give some clues.

11. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

Thank you, @Tortoise. I will include this on the next update. :)

12. OldCop

The gym that is right by the Tailwinds is Anytime Fitness. They are in Poncha Springs. Kim’s Gym is in Salida. They are about 4.4 miles apart.

13. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

True, and Christians are generally well-taught "Thou shalt not kill". Once he entered that moral abyss I think anything was possible.

Aloe, Kemug, brissygirl2019 and 19 others like this.
  14. OldCop

Classic narcissistic controlling behavior. Cut off the person from friends and family. Move as far as possible from family. Limit calls and visits. Discourage any friendships. Isolate and dominate.

*Verdigris, Aloe, Kemug and 49 others like this.
  15. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

Thank you @Seattle1 and @OldCop !

16. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

No one’s determined 100% it was a man w/wig. It very well could have been a female, perhaps a former “love” interest of BM. MOO :eek: I gag at the thought!

17. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Big Barry bad at baseball, if he pitched Suzanne's phone into the river, even water resistant, is it possible that it took an hour from 3am to 4am to give up? Last pings, underwater? Fooses Reservoir comes to mind...possible? Not possible?

JMO

Aloe, Kemug, clearskies1 and 10 others like this.
  18. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Interesting, IDK if they'll cover it in PM though.

But, I did continue listening and heard that LE stated to AM that BM refused polygraph and stress analysis tests early on, even though BM had told AM he had taken them.

BM is NOT smater than the LE, CBI and the FBI. His erratic actions early on, ie trash dumps, electronic reboot in his truck, not answering early calls from LE while driving back, his suggesting several possible scenarios, and his blatant lying to investigators have locked him up.

Another big question I have, why did Barry practically refuse to call 911 himself? He had a distinct aversion to getting his voice on the 911 call and his picture in the media. So, so strange.

MOO

19. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

It’s very possible. Here’s a water submersion test done on an iPhone 12 proving it can work up to 30 minutes (and longer) under water:

We took the iPhone 12 down to 65 feet underwater in Lake Tahoe

Aloe, Kemug, brissygirl2019 and 19 others like this.
  20. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

ITA 100+ add in her cancer returning and Suzanne was in a bleak, lonely place IMO.

spelling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.