CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #75 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 Well-Known Member

And maybe he saw her to do list and thought to make it look like Suzanne was washing the sheets since the girls were due home on Mother’s Day and he wanted to make it look like she was abducted on a bike ride that day. Or maybe Suzanne did wash the sheets herself and put them in the dryer on Saturday. Then Barry ran a load to get rid of evidence, took the sheets out of the dryer to dry his clothes and then put the sheets back in the dryer when he was finished. He might not have had time to make the bed and wouldn’t want his DNA on the sheets. He probably doesn’t know how to make a bed properly anyway! :rolleyes:

2. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

Homer Simpson…DOH!

It must have been your wife then right?

Kemug, DellaC, Blue Amethyst and 9 others like this.
  3. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

When was the house returned to him? The khaki shorts in the dryer were brought up as if he laundered what he wore May 9. Which is possible if he got the house back. And likely he has more than one pair of khaki shorts. But there must be significance to this finding.

4. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

I saw one of the comments on twitter was that "deer" and "dear" were both in his aim... MOO

In fact SM may have washed MalM's sheets as planned -- maybe they were in the dryer or even already out and waiting to be put back on the bed, and BM took the opportunity to use them and then rewash afterwards... MOO

Several posters commented earlier that they buy their hot tub chemicals at regular stores, Costco/WalMart or maybe even grocery stores/drugstores. He may have bought some just not at that store or on that visit.

MOO

Kemug, DellaC, Blue Amethyst and 13 others like this.
  5. Derph

Derph Well-Known Member

So was Barry left alone at the home at any time after the police were brought in? I was under the impression that he was allowed to get some things out of the house; clothes, toothbrush etc with the police with him, but not allowed to stay in the house. We need to know when the house was sealed. This will give us an indication of whether BM was able to get the helmet and plant it AFTER SM was thought to be missing.

6. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

The zoo has another member!!

7. osu

osu Well-Known Member

I was wondering if it it was bottles of hot tub chemicals (AKA concentrated chlorine) that was found in Suzanne's Range Rover?

JMO

8. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 Well-Known Member

Yes agree…lots & lots of lies and changing his story!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  9. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I have hunters in my family, but they've never made me feel uncomfortable with the way they hunt (deer & fowl mainly). I love to watch the GSP dogs train. Here I am taking a monarch butterfly home who had a wing stuck on the pavement at the grocery store parking lot.

BM + wildlife = a cruel blood sport. He's something else. I have friends who live in Alaska even and would never do this crap. IMO

Kemug, Rolo, ar3593 and 39 others like this.
  10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

No. And it’s clear that they believe he dumped it on the way to Broomfield. He made a left instead of a right, which put him near the helmet and in the opposite direction of where he was supposed to be going (he claimed he was following elk).

11. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

LOL. Camelbak....it's a hydration pak you were when you are hiking, biking, skiing, etc. it has a bladder inside for water and a mouthpiece that you can use to get water without using your hands.

12. justtrish

justtrish Well-Known Member

Well that is huge if what he was wearing the 9th was in the dryer, then when did this laundry get done? I'm curious of what he told detectives him and Suzanne did the 9th after he got home when she was never heard from again. Surly he remember on the 10th when they asked him what they did on the night before. Why would his clothing be washed with the sheets. I guess it's possible they were thrown in together, but I call bull.

13. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

14. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

Did he get new tires recently? Or just switched them out with another vehicle’s.

15. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

Quite a legacy....

Kemug, ar3593, Blue Amethyst and 8 others like this.
  16. pseudo_hum

pseudo_hum Well-Known Member

Agreed. IMO, the state was hoping BM would lead them to SM, but when he was getting ready to move on, I am guessing that they thought it was now or never. IMO, he is very guilty, just very difficult to prove.

17. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

18. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Back on record: NEW WITNESS takes the stand. Chaffee County Sheriff's Office Undersheriff Andy Rohrich. He has been the undersheriff for 3 years. He has been a police officer for 23 years. He worked as an animal control officer for 4 years. #BarryMorphew preliminary hearing.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429845816005513222?s=21

TRB, Kemug, Janeumayer and 26 others like this.
  19. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

So Suzanne didn't take her camelbak with her? Very peculiar, we've seen the picture of her wearing it. Who doesn't take water on a bike ride?

And if she took off on her own why wouldn't she take her purse and wallet/ID?

20. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about the shorts...if he's anything like my husband...my husband has several pair of khaki shorts all the same brand...same size.....I wonder how they know they are the ones he was actually wearing unless they asked Barry, but it seems like that info would have been included? This is quite perplexing...hope they get to some evidence soon. So far it reads like "day in the life of the Morphews". Yikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.