Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #76 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64
Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70
Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

I’m just ready for the AA to be released.

It’s also interesting that we haven’t learned a ton about BM’s phone except that he frequently put it in airplane mode at odd times and that LE wasn’t able to recover everything he deleted.

I’m just ready for the AA to be released.

It’s also interesting that we haven’t learned a ton about BM’s phone except that he frequently put it in airplane mode at odd times and that LE wasn’t able to recover everything he deleted.

It's concerning that they couldn't recover everything they needed, from the phone. It's still circumstantial evidence that he did something to permanently delete/overwrite the data.

It's concerning that they couldn't recover everything they needed, from the phone. It's still circumstantial evidence that he did something to permanently delete/overwrite the data.

Anyone serious about deleting info off their devices is going to research how to do it, so it's unrecoverable.
No doubt in my mind Barry did that research.

I'm feeling good about the evidence so far. Of course there are details we don't know and won't know until trial, but I fully believe this case is moving ahead full steam.

I think it was wise for the Judge to instruct members of the courtroom not to engage or communicate with the defendant. I wonder if he has pulled up his freaking mask or not yet?

Anyone serious about deleting info off their devices is going to research how to do it, so it's unrecoverable.

But, apparently, in a manner that has so far not been mentioned and perhaps left no trace. In other words, they didn't find what they were looking for, on his phone, and there's no evidence of what was deleted because...it's gone.

That leaves a hole in the digital evidence.

I'm feeling good about the evidence so far. Of course there are details we don't know and won't know until trial, but I fully believe this case is moving ahead full steam.

I think it was wise for the Judge to instruct members of the courtroom not to engage or communicate with the defendant. I wonder if he has pulled up his freaking mask or not yet?

I agree. That put the kabash on the gestures and mouthing of words back and forth among Barry and MM1-2. Hearings are not typically used for prisoners to communicate with the outside world.

How about a contempt of court fine for that? Easy to pick up Covid in jail. MOO

But, apparently, in a manner that has so far not been mentioned and perhaps left no trace. In other words, they didn't find what they were looking for, on his phone, and there's no evidence of what was deleted because...it's gone.

That leaves a hole in the digital evidence.

As I was typing that it reminded me of the cases I've followed where there was a curious murder weapon shaped void in a pool of blood. No proof except the obvious lack of proof.

OK all, I'm fading fast - it's 04:00am over here!
Sorry for my last couple of posts, they were abrupt or maybe seemed rude, but I didn't mean for them to be!
Just trying to post real quick, before I got behind on the thread -- so just in case, please don't think I'm a grump -- I'm really not! :)

And a big thank you to all the tweet reposters - very grateful!

See you all again tomorrow. . . .

I feel like I have a hangover!

The officer testified that BM told LE he shot 2 deer with tranquilizer darts and then removed their antlers before they woke up.

I've heard of two birds with one stone, but 2 deer with one dart, BM?
I think he said he tranq'd two deer during the course of April 2020 (not all at once). I wonder if LE asked him where those antlers were placed and/or checked all the antlers around the home to see if any were cut as opposed to shed.

And as for the previously working dart gun, I don't think we know for sure how long it's been broken since for months he might have been using the .22 instead to shoot darts, assuming he really was even darting deer at all...

MOO

As I was typing that it reminded me of the cases I've followed where there was a curious murder weapon shaped void in a pool of blood. No proof except the obvious lack of proof.

Yes! If prosecution opens with the long trail of the ways that Barry destroyed evidence, that could form the backbone of strong strategy.

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out what went on Friday, that Suzanne's password for FB was changed and those men friended. Friday was the "knock down drag out" fight (per Barry, per CM). Suzanne was using LinkedIn (which has an app that allows messaging), not FB. We don't know which app Suzanne used for communicating with SO (and I'm getting really impatient to hear something about what LE learned from SO).

If BM was on Suzanne's social media on Friday, that could explain why she contacted her sister at long last and told her what was going on. IIRC, the sister says it was a text message (not FB) because sister feared she would accidentally forward it while texting the wrong person.

When people suspect affairs, it's normal for them to want to go through the suspected partner's social media (and strongly advised by internet communities dealing with affairs and divorce).

So on May 6, Suzanne texts she's done, then has a lovely couple of days, but things crash on Friday when BM confronts her about the affair?

So far, no evidence of any affairs of Barry's.

Agree...just like it was frequently pondered that Suzanne was "naïve and submissive" I think people have pegged Barry as a "dumb jock" and the reality is a tad different.

@CarolAMcKinley

Defense and prosecution are both scoring points today. Morphew turns,smiles at family with eyes over his mask every chance he can. At times he & his attorneys exchange yellow sticky notes. Moonlight Pizza delivered food at lunch. That’s the place The Morphew’s liked to eat.

2:53 PM · Aug 23, 2021

Agree...just like it was frequently pondered that Suzanne was "naïve and submissive" I think people have pegged Barry as a "dumb jock" and the reality is a tad different.

Yeah, but anyone can google “how do i erase my iPhone” and follow a few steps.

I don’t think he’s as smart as he thinks he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth