Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - was thinking about this, last night. Just seems like there would be more evidence if this was a crime of passion that was planned and carried out in the span of a few days. If he was trolling for hook ups, then he wasn't dealing with any religious concerns over what SM was doing.
he couldn't do anything about the affair....but he could do plenty about the money....and did.

I just don’t think his motive to kill was the affair. Could be but I think it was the money. I do believe the affair and her telling him it was over strengthened his resolve. But I believe this murder was planned before the girls left for camp. He just needed an opportunity. IMO

I think he wanted to shame/bully her into not taking her cancer meds/treatments so nature could just simply “take its course” you know, like it is for the deer.

Poor BM would be the grief stricken loyal husband (now widower) with a clean relationship slate and his wife’s inheritance. His daughters would still adore him and he would be there to help them through the grief.

Instead she kept her treatments up and was planning for the future. She had hope and she found her voice.

“I’m done!”

His intense planning began.
See my construction site? No?
Hike? No?
Fine, I’ll do it at home.

Comes home and wife is texting bikini pics to some other dude?

Plan is ENGAGED. (but he’s dumb as a stump)

Last edited:
Oops....when she was abducted or did the Gone Girl....she was lucky enough to have her charger in tow with her? How convenient.
Sure of course you bring your cell and charger when you pull a Gone Girl, but you leave available cash, credit cards, insurance card, and ID at home.. It’s not like they can trace you through your cell phone records, right? #sarcasm

@oviedo I asked about him up top. Is he local LE?
Denver based Special Agent. He was on the stand on Day 1 and 2.

https://twitter.com/jamiealeary/status/1424825236151668754?s=21

Second witness, Denver based FBI agent, Ken Harris. Interviewed Suzanne's best friend, Shelia. Many texts between the two about Suzanne wanting to leave the Barry but he wouldn't allow it, hanging money and their children over her head @CBSDenver #suzannemorphew #BarryMorphew

THIS IS FROM AUGUST 9 - NOT TODAY

Denver based Special Agent. He was on the stand on Day 1 and 2.

https://twitter.com/jamiealeary/status/1424825236151668754?s=21

Second witness, Denver based FBI agent, Ken Harris. Interviewed Suzanne's best friend, Shelia. Many texts between the two about Suzanne wanting to leave the Barry but he wouldn't allow it, hanging money and their children over her head @CBSDenver #suzannemorphew #BarryMorphew

THIS IS FROM AUGUST 9 - NOT TODAY
Thank you Cindizzi! This looks like a big one IMO

@LaurenScharfTV

Agent Grusing said it appeared that on Saturday, May 9, 2020, that something either happened to Suzanne or her phone. #BarryMorphew agreed and asked is there any sign of anyone getting into the home? "No."

5:53 PM · Aug 23, 2021

Somebody asked about this tweet earlier. Interesting.
This is confusing. Is this saying Barry is agreeing that something happened to Suzanne on Saturday when he himself earlier said he left her sleeping on Sunday morning? Did Lauren mispost the date?

I am hoping that today the prosecution will interview one of the individuals whom B.M. allegedly tried to "influence" during the investigation.

This could be very important for the Judge to hear.

JMO
4 of them have been on the stand so far. Agent Harris is back today so hopefully they will bring it up with him,

Attachments

• F1CF06E1-D1BA-4FD7-BF3F-E27FB5E118AB.jpeg
    F1CF06E1-D1BA-4FD7-BF3F-E27FB5E118AB.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 25
I think he wanted to shame/bully her into not taking her cancer meds/treatments so nature could just simply “take its course” you know, like deer.

Poor BM would be the grief stricken loyal husband with a clean relationship slate and his wife’s inheritance. His daughters would still adore him and he would be there to help them through the grief.

Instead she kept her treatments up and was planning for the future. She had hope and she found her voice.

“I’m done!”

His intense planning began.
See my construction site? No?
Hike? No?
Fine, I’ll do it at home.

Comes home and wife is texting bikini pics to some other dude?

Plan is ENGAGED. (but he’s dumb as a stump)

I do think he planned it, but he was running out of time. His daughters would, be back soon. By Saturday, he was under the gun (so to speak) and had to come up with a plan. The text message where he asked her to go on a hike with him bugs me. I keep thinking he wanted to get her to go to her predetermined burial site. By getting her out of the house, he would eliminate an potential crime scene there. I wonder if he had his dart gun in his truck ready.
It makes me think of the Dirk Grineder trial. He got his wife to go on a hike through Morse Pond with him, and he bludgeoned her to death by having all his supplies prepared at the site. He really messed it up though and went to prison.

This is confusing. Is this saying Barry is agreeing that something happened to Suzanne on Saturday when he himself earlier said he left her sleeping on Sunday morning? Did Lauren mispost the date?
IDK for sure. I think BM slipped up when confronted with Suzanne's last incoming and outgoing texts being Saturday and nobody hearing from her in person Sunday.

ETA: JMO

Regarding the broken door frame, there's no way to confirm WHEN it happened other than knowing it wasn't broken when the house was sold. So I think they are using it as proof of BMs violence towards SM. Not necessarily saying it happened during the actual murder. No way of knowing that. IMO.

We didn't get to see any pics of injuries. They only described them. No pics yesterday.

Anyway, back at it. #3 today. There are already 10 people here. And 2 1/2 hours to go. Not everyone will get in. Most have ever gotten in is 8.

Sorry, i was out of contact last night. I sat down in bed at 8:30 and fell asleep in my jeans about 1 min later. :rolleyes:

This must be so exhausting for you @NoSI. Thanks so much for all you do. Get a good nights sleep tonight and when you are well rested then you can tell us any tidbits that you might have picked up.

Let's hope today is a BIG day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member