CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

I wonder why this wasn't done on the 10th or the 11th at the latest. Why wasn't his body checked immediately?

Melsworld, windrower, susiQ and 20 others like this.

2. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Was there any evidence submitted at the PH that supported these were fingernail scratches? I seem to recall that the defence dismissed them as such, but cannot recall if the witness said, no - our expert says they are fingernail scratches and they are x days old?

3. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

4. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Maybe he didn't give permission immediately? I don't think that the police can just infringe on a person's body without their permission or a warrant. Unless they are arresting them or restraining them, of course.

I know that the police have had to get warrants to take a DNA test on a person who didn't comply. Presumably the same thing applies if they want a person to strip down and allow them to examine and take photos of marks on their body.

Melsworld, Janeumayer, susiQ and 16 others like this.
  5. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I think the photos were introduced at the Prelim Hearing. I posted before (about the scratches on Gerard Baden Clay) how distinctive fingernail scratches are, as compared to other types of scratches. There are certain characteristics involved.

I don't know if an expert's opinion was submitted as well. Although I am pretty sure they will have expert opinion at the trial.

6. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Apparently he did sign it, as reported by LS last night. LS also mentioned it on a YouTube video that Defense counsel IE revealed it in Court yesterday when she was trying to convince the Judge that he shouldn’t need more time to make a decision.

Judge will decide if Barry Morphew’s case will go to trial in September | FOX21 News Colorado

The entire affidavit is 130 pages long. Judge Murphy signed off on the arrest affidavit.

Melsworld, NWLady, windrower and 19 others like this.
  7. kshultz06082

kshultz06082 Super Snooper

Here ya go:

Cahill confirmed that Barry Morphew had been excluded from the DNA on Suzanne’s bike grips, a cushion in her car, and on her glove box. There were some issues, however, as Cahill noted he never saw the final version of the arrest affidavit and, in fact, only reviewed the first 19 pages. The entire affidavit is 130 pages long. Judge Murphy signed off on the arrest affidavit.

Janeumayer, NWLady, susiQ and 14 others like this.
  8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

According to Andy, Suzanne had put about $500,000 of her inheritance money into the house, but I've never heard their money was mostly her money.

Other than that I don't think she had any income herself so was probably completely dependent on BM for money. He was said to control the finances and pay the bills. Forcing Suzanne to ask for money was just another way to control her. Imo

TRB, windrower, ar3593 and 29 others like this.
  9. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Does anyone know appx how much BM is worth?

10. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I watched the prosecution team interview last night. I’m concerned. I think that the Judge will probably bind over for trial, but I am unsure about M1 or M2. I expected more of a smoking gun. Without Suzanne’s body and phone, this is tougher. Barry seemed to cover those tracks well. No article of clothing or anything tying to Suzanne seems to have been recovered from the trash dumps. Suzanne told her best friend about Barry having affairs, when she actually was the one doing that. Prosecution did not find evidence of Barry having affairs. So could Suzanne have been lying? If she was lying to make herself look better when she left him, could she have been lying about the domestic violence? I’m just trying to think like a juror, this isn’t my opinion. We know what he did. Would we put him in jail for life based on this evidence? And I want more fire from the prosecution. Make me feel you are fighting for what you believe in. Fight for Suzanne.

Deluy, ar3593, MidnightBlue and 23 others like this.
  11. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

I want to know this too. I can’t understand why there wasn’t a concise summary by prosecution at some point.

Something like this COMPLETELY FICTIONAL timeline:

We believe:
    Barry murdered Suzanne at 3 pm
    Moved her body at 4 pm
    Retrieved another vehicle and moved her body again between 6 - 10 pm
    Staged the bike crash at 4 am
    Headed to Broomfield 5 am

12. abstr

abstr Well-Known Member

May I ask who has a Louis bag?

al66pine, Nikynoo and steeltowngirl like this.
  13. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

And then he can tell his daughters how he was "man enough to do the right thing."

14. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

DBM
    Do we have a link that confirms BM said that SM did not have and ATM card that HE was her ATM? I’ve been asked downthread. Therefore deleted my response.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  15. genuineusa77

genuineusa77 Well-Known Member

Who doesn't get scratches working construction with heavy equipment!!

16. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

His DNA can likely also be excluded from the neighbor's house down the road, the daycare center in town and local museum. This game could have no ending.

17. CGray123

CGray123 "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

Facts might undermine my reasoning, but your unsupported beliefs don't IMO.

In addition to the language of the order affirming that Judge Murphy signed the Arrest Warrant, and a news report that says that Judge Murphy signed the arrest warrant, he is not only assigned to Chaffee County, but also the only judge in the district with the level of criminal law experience to make that decision in a capital case. For example, the judge assigned to County Court for Chaffee was appointed only a year ago. She has 5 years of experience as a public defender.

You can believe what you want based on imagination, bias and prejudice, but the available information supports an inference that Judge Murphy signed the Arrest Warrant.

IMO, your belief in the MSM position is undermined by the fact that the MSM didn't appeal Judge Murphy's decision after he thoroughly refuted their arguments.

There is absolutely no reason to believe your original point, which was IIRC, that Judge Murphy doubted the sufficiency of the AA to establish probable cause.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    TRB, susiQ, Rolo and 12 others like this.
  18. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

RBBM - I'm not sure we know that's true? Did you have a link?

al66pine, cattlekate and susiQ like this.
  19. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

SM = Suzanne

al66pine likes this.
  20. Jazz38

Jazz38 Well-Known Member

What I cannot fathom is that if BM is her ATM, how did she manage to go and meet JL unless JL paid for her travel. And what was BM doing during those trips ? If SM had been working she could have disguised them as work trips. How did she manage to hoodwink BM and managed to have an affair across states ? I guess it could be that BM never thought SM was capable of cheating and may be trusted her. So it could be that during the weekend, either SM could have admitted the affair to him so that he would leave her or he could have come across the chats and went on to murder her. I believe what JL has said that if BM had known earlier he would have definitely clashed with JL knowing he had a family as well.

Blue Amethyst, susiQ, Rolo and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.