CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I think a lot of it may have been related to JL and Suzanne wanting to leave Barry. It was important, but how many pages of it were required? The Judge seemed to indicate he was over the constant discussion of it during the PH when he said “I think it is well established that Suzanne Morphew was not happy on the marriage”.

windrower, Orgona, Rolo and 16 others like this.

2. O.Incandenza

O.Incandenza Well-Known Member

Crap, I hope no one from Barry's team reads my post. I wasn't meaning to give them ideas for additional suspects...

TheRaven, ar3593, windrower and 19 others like this.
  3. Kingsley

Kingsley Well-Known Member

While I think that Suzanne's not even having an ATM card is weird and troubles me, I also think that people/families who get a lot of cash income probably don't often need an ATM card. I can see that BM could potentially be a source of cash there. JMO.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Rolo, Blue Amethyst, susiQ and 11 others like this.
  4. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

And that evidence isn't exculpatory at all since its a partial match, which scientifically means nothing.

I don't buy the argument that the case isn't strong- its circumstantial yes, but there are too many aligned circumstances for much reasonable doubt that BM killed his wife. We don't know exactly how but we know sort of when.

ar3593, windrower, Kemug and 16 others like this.
  5. pseudo_hum

pseudo_hum Well-Known Member

Shorten, bolded for emphasis; IMO, he would more likely be standing there with his hands in their pockets

dlk1949, al66pine, Lyanna and 7 others like this.
  6. CGray123

CGray123 "You become what you think about all day long."

BBM.
    This seems very likely to me. But I believe the principal reason for sealing the AA has always been - and remains - the difficult task of redaction. Especially after the prelim, which was attended by both daughters, the judge can have no doubt that they have taken steps to protect themselves from harassment, and that they have decided to face whatever comes, standing by their dad.

I never believed protection of the Morphew daughters was a sound reason to seal the affidavit, and it's completely irrelevant now.

However, the redaction cannot be done until Judge Murphy takes a conscientious look at the evidence presented in the preliminary hearing, and decides whether it is sufficient that an ordinary person could have a reasonable belief that BM may have committed each crime for which he is charged.

windrower, Kemug, Rolo and 15 others like this.
  7. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

So I actually don’t think the round even factors in. If Suzanne was going for a gun in the bedroom, I’d expect it to be loaded. I’d also expect it to be a different caliber from the 22.

I do believe the 22 (chipmunk gun), is the short rifle. Agent Grusing mentioned Barry handing it though his car window in March, which explains the end date for the short rifle charge.

They likely didn’t know about the bathing suit until much later, so it wouldn’t have been taken into evidence at the time. The defense mentioned there being no blood on it, so it must have been taken into evidence after that photo was discovered.

8. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I despise ATMs. I probably have an ATM card, but I have not used one in 10 years. I operate almost exclusively using credit cards, and my significant other tosses me a bit of cash weekly for walk around money-maybe like Suzanne? My SO does go to the bank occasionally, but I never do. We have no issues with our setup.

I do think that 6 “girl trips” in that short of a time might raise an eyebrow, but there are plenty of people who travel frequently so I don’t know. Was a minor home alone during that period, staying with friends, or was Barry responsible? If Suzanne planned her trips around Barry being away, he might not even realize she was gone, unless a minor mentioned it.

GeorgiaRai, Orgona, Rolo and 10 others like this.
  9. fcavanaugh

fcavanaugh Well-Known Member

Trying to catch up and read some posts about putting phone on Airplane mode and GPS tracking. My apologies if this is redundant but thought I’d post for reference. I believe I remember reading that the M’s had iPhones as Suzanne had been accessing “find my iPhone” at some point. I was curious about whether putting the phone on Airplane mode also disables GPS tracking. According to article at link below, it doesn’t. Apparently, it’s a 2-step process to disable both. The article tells you where to go in iPhone settings to disable both features:

Part 1: Does Airplane Mode Turn off Location?

No, a phone can be tracked on Airplane Mode.
    GPS is a separate technology that sends and receives signals directly from the satellite. It does not depend on cellular service at all and that’s why a third-party can easily track your location, even when you’ve turned on the Airplane Mode.

Fortunately, there’s a way to hide your GPS location from others. In addition to turning on the Airplane Mode, you’ll have to disable GPS on your device. Once the GPS is disabled, no one would be able to track your location at all. When you want to hide your location, all you have to do is disable the GPS and turn on Airplane Mode on your smartphone at the same time.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
    #BringSuzanneHome
    #JusticeForSuzanne

[2021 Update] Does Airplane Mode Stop GPS Tracking?

10. jondaba

jondaba Well-Known Member

IIRC the hotel mgr said they were not using chlorine.

TIGER0822, windrower, susiQ and 13 others like this.
  11. CGray123

CGray123 "You become what you think about all day long."

I have been in this very same hotel. My parents still live in Boulder, my home town. They have a small condo, so when we visit my rambunctious tribe finds the least expensive accommodations nearby. The hotel has the added advantage of being close to Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport.

I can attest that there is no smell associated with the pool in the rooms. It's not present, even in the lobby, which is directly proximate to the pool entrance.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  12. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

But, that not Barry's claim.

angelainwi, windrower, susiQ and 24 others like this.
  13. gliving

gliving Woof

windrower, susiQ, Janeumayer and 12 others like this.
  14. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

Yes and I don't care if you are a Morphew or a Moorman, if there was a bunch of character assassination that isn't admissable either because it isn't relevant or it's hearsay... either of Suzanne or Barry, they don't need to have it public and certainly the public shouldn't be able to read it.

GeorgiaRai, NWLady, al66pine and 5 others like this.
  15. Warwick7

During the Patrick Frazer trial, the bombshells came out during the trial. The PH was only an appetizer.

misgrn, ar3593, angelainwi and 33 others like this.
  16. Kingsley

Kingsley Well-Known Member

I edited my last post to clarify that Suzanne not having one (or access to one) was troubling. This opinion is due to other likely controlling behavior over her. I didn't mean that people generally not using one are weird and troubling. My apologies for poor word choice.

windrower, susiQ, Rolo and 11 others like this.
  17. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post, it just reiterates to me how unlikely it is when BM told investigators that if his phone was in airplane mode at critical times, it just happened by accident. :rolleyes:

windrower, susiQ, Rolo and 13 others like this.
  18. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

So she didnt have a debit card or a check book? She couldn't go to the bank and withdraw cash? Wasn't it a joint account?

windrower, susiQ, TRB and 13 others like this.
  19. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Thanks for an in person perception.

I agree that if such an "overwhelming, eye burning" chlorine smell (as described by MG and JP when they walked in the room) was a common event, it would have been noted by previous guests before BM just happened to check in there.

IMO

windrower, Flurries, susiQ and 28 others like this.
  20. Warwick7

Barry won't take the stand, because he talks big, but he's a weasel.

windrower, susiQ, Rolo and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.