CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Thank you so much and also @Diddian . So, what point were the prosecution trying to make with the airplane mode?

Rolo, al66pine, jakat and 4 others like this.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Since PP is a dead zone for cellular service, I believe the communication is in the form of internet data (wifi calling and messaging) and SM's cellular phone records are pretty sparse. For example, I think Verizon records will show cellular calls and towers used to make those calls but I think any information about her internet wifi data service by her carrier will be limited, MOO

Rolo, Charlot123, mom2chloe and 10 others like this.
  3. Aloe

Aloe Well-Known Member

Definitely possible! My line of thinking is that he was at the precipice of bringing his plan to fruition, so if there were cameras at this position, he would be turning them off or taking them down.[/QUOTE]

EBM and unintentionally deleted the post to which I replied. Now I have given up!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    windrower, susiQ, Rolo and 15 others like this.
  4. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Ketamine is also a popular recreational drug in the UK.

5. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

aaa
    Thank you for sharing what you experience on your own iPhones.

According to Apple, the default for Airplane Mode disables WiFi and Bluetooth; however a phone’s user can turn WiFi and Bluetooth back ON when in Airplane Mode and the phone will remember that and leave those settings ON while in Airplane Mode from then on. If the user subsequently turns them OFF when in Airplane Mode, the phone will then remember that.

Do you think you might have, the first time you used Airplane Mode on each of those two iPhones, switched those functions back on?

Regardless, if what I am reading from Apple has written is true and most current, it seems most relevant what BM’s customary settings were.

windrower, susiQ, Janeumayer and 18 others like this.
  6. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

7. coastal

coastal Well-Known Member

Another animal for the ark! And zoo! And circus! Bam!

8. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Eh I am weird and troubling so no problem lol.

I am so curious about how their marriage worked-maybe she did put everything on credit cards. She went on a lot of solo trips, and she helped Barry with the business billing. She had great clothes, evidenced by socmedia photos. I do wonder if something changed when they moved to Colorado. I think she had a lot of support and an active social life in Indiana, and much may have changed when she found herself secluded at Puma Path. She had to see new doctors, make new friends, new church, no family close by (even Barry’s family, which was her own for so long). Children had their own lives, Barry always working, another round of cancer. And a husband that thought antidepressants, prescribed pain meds and IPAs were hard drug and alcohol abuse.

windrower, Murphy1950, susiQ and 19 others like this.
  9. CGray123

CGray123 "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

IMO, the totality of the circumstances support a finding of probable cause on this charge.

windrower, susiQ, Rolo and 17 others like this.
  10. Warwick7

That would be a good question for Barry. He controlled what money was given her.

11. Minordetails

Minordetails Well-Known Member

For me, the dots all connect to Barry. There are too many coincidences and suspicious behaviors for him not to somehow have been involved. But where is the proof that he murdered her? I think he did. But prove it.

susiQ, Rolo, Blue Amethyst and 9 others like this.
  12. CGray123

CGray123 "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

Different standards for probable cause, likely different evidence presented at hearing.

susiQ, Rolo, 24Brix and 6 others like this.
  13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yep - I have a credit card that sends me a notification every time it is used- will be interesting to see the internet related evidence at trial but then again, I expected to see more evidence in Mollie's trial than we did so who knows?
    JMO

windrower, susiQ, Rolo and 15 others like this.
  14. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

A dart shot from a .22 uses a blank. Possible a live round already chambered would need to be taken out.

windrower, Flurries, susiQ and 28 others like this.
  15. Warwick7

Proving it will be at the Trial.

16. Mistyjks

Mistyjks Well-Known Member

This is so odd to me. I also have an iPhone. I get very poor service inside the building of my job. So many of us put our phone in “airplane mode” so it doesn’t drain the battery continuously searching for signal. I always thought it turned WiFi and Cell data “off”. I also just tested that now and when I toggle Airplane Mode to active - it immediately toggles my WiFi setting below it to “Off”. Anything I try to use (browser, app requiring network) I cannot.

I then specifically went to toggle WiFi on, and was able to do so while in airplane mode. Whenever I’ve put it in airplane I have no intention of using it at all so I’ve never realized that you could use WiFi still. I’d guess if BM was using the mode in a nefarious intention he too was thinking it turned off everything. Moo

17. dkryder

dkryder Well-Known Member

my understanding is a proof evident/presumption great hearing means prosecution has to prove via evidence that murder 1 happened. that's different than probable cause for obtaining an AA. since i'm assuming both the prosecution and defense know what's in AA and supporting evidence i would expect the prosecution to use the most damning evidence during the hearing. if that is in fact what they have presented during this 4 day hearing then either something got lost in the reporters tweets to those not viewing the hearing or i'm not comprehending totally what the prosecutions game plan was. i'd guess the defense would argue that the prosecution did not meet the bar required no matter what the prosecution laid out so the fact they made that point does not mean much to me. and i'm satisfied the judge did the proper thing in reserving judgement until next month. MOO.

18. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Three minutes is a long time to have left it on already after getting out of the truck.

19. Minordetails

Minordetails Well-Known Member

Yes it will. In my opinion it will be proven that BM had motive, and that BM was in her vicinity when she ‘disappeared’. From there, jurors will have to make the assumption that BM must have murdered her and hid her body.

windrower, susiQ, Rolo and 7 others like this.
  20. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

I believe the poster who reported no noticeable smell from their pool. The hotel's conflicting information ("we don't use chlorine" vs. "those rooms were over the pool which explains the smell") is concerning. But mainly I wanted to point out that in spring 2020 no one knew how long the covid pandemic would last. Everyone was hoping it would go away quickly (which of course it would have if everyone stayed home for a month but I digress). So I suspect the hotel would have closed the pool to guest access, but not necessarily drained the pool until they realized it would be a longterm issue. MOO

Agree. But I wish we could resolve the conflicting information about whether this blue found bike was SM's actual usual bike or the supposed parts bike (which bike were the new tires installed on? and where is the other bike?)

Also, was SM's DNA found on the blue bike?

RSBM

I agree the sheets might not be relevant, but on the other hand they might, regardless of where SM was in the home when BM did his thing. My theory is that the sheets were handy somehow -- either in the waiting laundry or freshly out and awaiting being put back on the bed -- and they may have been used to move/carry SM -- either within the house or to some other bag or cooler or tree container or whatever she was transported in.

All MOO of course

Bailey38, windrower, Kemug and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.