CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimi in London

Mimi in London Well-Known Member

BBM

I still find BM’s extra-marital activities potentially relevant to motive. In some of her final messages to him, SM alludes to not caring who he has been with/what he’s been up to all these years.

If she had acquired some knowledge of the who/what his secret life comprised, he would not have wanted that exposed.

Flicka1, Alcina, susiQ and 31 others like this.

2. cbeagle

cbeagle Active Member

Somewhat doubtful, all service history is computerized now, definitely at Land Rover.

The only reason I can think of for a service tech to go to the glovebox would be to fix/replace something in that area, e.g. cabin air filters may be in that vicinity or any cooling issue with the glovebox.

3. cbeagle

cbeagle Active Member

Somewhat doubtful, all service history is computerized now, definitely at Land Rover.

The only reason I can think of for a service tech to go to the glovebox would be to fix/replace something in that area, e.g. cabin air filters may be in that vicinity or any cooling issue with the glovebox.

al66pine, Aloe, SleuthBee and 5 others like this.
  4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

My dealer leaves the receipt in the glovebox tucked inside the manual

misgrn, Flicka1, NWLady and 26 others like this.
  5. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

Just thinking about the Morphew daughters - we are thinking that their views are the same, but maybe they aren't? Maybe one pretty much believes Barry killed Suzanne, but the other one doesn't. And maybe if one daughter does think that Barry is guilty, she's not going to say that to her sister, aunt, grandma, etc. for the sake of family harmony. It doesn't alter anything of course, I just find it an interesting possibility.

Flicka1, Alcina, CalmSeas and 29 others like this.
  6. pseudo_hum

pseudo_hum Well-Known Member

Or maybe a lug "key" to remove a tire. That's where mine is.

misgrn, Flicka1, NWLady and 23 others like this.
  7. Trocroc9

Trocroc9 Well-Known Member

The wheel lock key to change tires is often kept in the glove box. SM asked BM about getting winter tires removed via a text. I think that text was included in the prelim to understand how this DNA from an unknown male was found on her glovebox. jmo What is a Locking Lug Nut or Wheel Lock?

misgrn, Flicka1, NWLady and 29 others like this.
  8. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

I had my late model auto serviced in late March and it was a no-contact appointment with the itemized invoice left in my glove box.

Suzanne did mention in a text that the tires needed to be switched from winter tires, or maybe BM got the car detailed before he drove it to IN to sell?

JMO

misgrn, Flicka1, 2468X and 27 others like this.
  9. girlhasnoname

*jinx * :)

Flicka1, 2468X, windrower and 9 others like this.
  10. Goldenseal

Goldenseal Well-Known Member

It makes you wonder! If that recovery is of SM's remains, hmmmm.

I can think of several possibilities:

BM had an accomplice, like Patrick Frazee did.
    BM borrowed a vehicle and made that trip with her body during that 5-6 hour window.
    BM secreted her body really well right after he killed her, and relocated it to Berthoud Pass in later days (with a borrowed/untraceable vehicle).

11. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

How long would that unknown DNA last on the glovebox? Sorry if I missed it but were the offenses in Colorado?

My receipt goes in the glove box when my car is serviced as well. The manual is in there, and all of the vehicle paperwork is placed inside the portfolio that the manual is in-the sticker that they took from the window, any receipts from service, etc. My car is also washed after each service by the dealership. I have no idea if it is done on site or taken to a car wash. Inside and out.

12. EggSalad

EggSalad Well-Known Member

Seriosuly. And he just happens to be home frantically running around the house with a .22 shooting chipmunks at the last time proof of life from SM and any outbound communication are known.

13. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

Thank you. Could you please add a J pin for the RTD trash stop?

14. girlhasnoname

IIRC one was in IL and 2 in AZ?

15. girlhasnoname

The 3 partial DNA's according to Lauren:

@LaurenScharfTV

The matches are from Pheonix, Chicago, and Tempe, Arizona. Tempe case was looked into in Dec. 2020. Cahill contacted the investigator in charge of the attempted sexual assault outside a local convenience store. However, the Tempe case had two suspects.

1:26 PM · Aug 24, 2021·

16. dalsglen

dalsglen Well-Known Member

what song? The Zoo? ;) fun fact, my brother is named after my dads favourite, Michael schenker :D

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  17. Trocroc9

Trocroc9 Well-Known Member

The blue tarp coming out of the vehicle is very interesting to me. I would think this means they found something related to a crime. I am hoping and wishing it is the recovery of SM. However, if not related to this particular case I hope it solves another. Jmo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Flicka1, NWLady, Alcina and 43 others like this.
  18. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Thanks. I hope the state can work through the SODDIs or at least give the eventual jury an education on DNA, statistics and probability.

Flicka1, susiQ, al66pine and 11 others like this.
  19. Rose in SC

Rose in SC Lurker Who Lurks

This reminds me so much of the Robert and Maria Marshall case out of Toms River, New Jersey back in the 80s. Subject of the book (and TV movie) Blind Faith (Joe McGinnis). Maria, a beautiful mother devoted to her children, was shot and killed at a rest area on the way home from Atlantic City. Their middle son, Chris, suspected his father from day one but didn't say anything to anyone. The oldest son, Roby, wanted to believe his father was innocent but eventually during the trial, realized he was not. The youngest son, John, only 13 at the time, never waivered in his belief that his father was innocent. All three boys attended the trial in support of their father, despite the misgivings of the oldest two. Thirty years later, Chris and Roby even asked the parole board to deny their father's parole when the opportunity arose. Robert Marshall later died in prison never having reconciled with his two oldest sons. I predict a similar fate in this case.

Flicka1, susiQ, CalmSeas and 30 others like this.
  20. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Just wanted to throw out that I keep my lug nut key in my glove compartment. Needed when switching out my tires. It sounds like the Morphew's switched out between winter and summer tires as noted by Suzanne's text to BM about getting the tires on the RR changed out for summer. Paraphrasing.

edited for my own gobbility goo.

Janeumayer, Flicka1, 2468X and 20 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.