CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

September you mean?

but maybe, al66pine, Rolo and 5 others like this.

2. sunshine4040

sunshine4040 On Time Out

Maybe. @Warwick7 . IMO

but maybe, al66pine, Warwick7 and 2 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

TONIGHT ONLY ON @FOX21News at 9 p.m. you will hear from the Chaffee County District Attorney team about #BarryMorphew four-day preliminary hearing. Find out what they said about the judge not deciding if there is enough evidence to move forward with a trial until Sept. 17.
    87E53F14-E103-47F9-800B-5AFF4D91E7C9.jpeg

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1430353819783794692?s=21

4. Yes. That would be very helpful not just to the fact finders and adjudicators but for her daughters, as well, as a wake up call that what may seem normal to them is actually abuse.

Introducing proof of his DV behavior could put this over the line, so to speak. Do they have proof or just hearsay? If they have a DV expert on the prosecution side, the next hearing would be a good time to focus on that.

Just my 2 cents.

EBM: spelling
    ETA: Not allowing SM an ATM card & requiring her to ask for cash to meet basic family needs might be very good evidence if there is proof. IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021
    ANGLES, bkgregg5, ar3593 and 26 others like this.
  5. Aloe

Aloe Well-Known Member

Yes. And let's not forget that hour he spent by the river where he said he was looking for the dead turkey. I am sure he spent that hour plotting, stalking and preparing. MOO

Proudnanny, ar3593, jakat and 34 others like this.
  6. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

Great questions, I agree I would love to know all of this information. I too have so many questions about the girl's trip.

But unfortunately we can't sleuth any of this because they are not POI's:(

JMO

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Mama Cat, jakat, windrower and 12 others like this.
  7. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

I think a conviction will rest on the closing argument. The prosecution will need a likable presenter who is capable of keeping the jury engaged while they weave all the parts together into an understandable and believable sequence of events. A rebuttal of such a presentation will only be able to be done by trying to pick it apart point by point and offering alternative explanations. The very nature of that kind of rebuttal is boring and dry and hard to keep people engaged with. IMO, in the absence of a body or a smoking gun, the masterful storyteller is the key to victory.

8. SleuthBee

SleuthBee Glad to Bee here

For one, ATM Barry would no longer have a mechanism for control.

ar3593, jakat, but maybe and 14 others like this.
  9. sunshine4040

sunshine4040 On Time Out

But just to me. Just to me. That camping situation. e.t.c. It seems to me to
    be a very quick concerns about SM "disappearance" from the Daughters. They are way older.
    I give Pop's and Step Mamma(Love Her) 2 days. They give me 2 1/2 to 3 days.
    Something does not add up. Coffee, Neighbor. IMO

10. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

ITA

IMO, if he was looking for a deceased turkey, all that would be left by then would be a pile of feathers and a beak.
    He was definitely looking for something else or setting up a trap to ambush SM.

I lean more towards setting up a trap for SM.

JMO

11. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

Very classy! @NoSI thank you for doing this and for your incredible work on this case.

KaJo87, Janeumayer, ar3593 and 30 others like this.
  12. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Cheers my friend and well done @NoSI take a much deserved rest now please !

13. Yes, someone who is passionate about telling the jury who Suzanne was. I know for me that has been a cornerstone of my interest in this case. She really seemed to connect with people in a genuine & special way that made them feel she cared & they were important. Now that gift is gone and the mourning will last a lifetime for many, many people.

14. SleuthBee

SleuthBee Glad to Bee here

Only truly good person would do what you did. Thank you.

15. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

I agree. I’ve always thought he was psyching himself up to kill her. Ironically, his hour spent by the river is the last moment of calm he’s had in the last 15 months.

ar3593, Blue Amethyst, jakat and 18 others like this.
  16. O.Incandenza

O.Incandenza Well-Known Member

Personally I believe he did use the darts, so I agree that there's a picture there.

But the evidence is all sort of shaky. The dart cap is the one concrete thing tying the darts to that afternoon. But even that's sort of fluid. The cap could theoretically have been in the dryer for some period of time before the 9th. His 'admission' that he threw away tranquilizer material in Broomfield was also a lot less conclusive than I had imagined when we first heard about it. It sounded like he basically just said "I guess it's possible, I don't remember" or something like that. And there isn't photo or video evidence of him throwing it away. It's possible that admission is more damning when you watch the video of the interview though. We're getting it via a tweet describing an agent's retelling of an interview.

The chipmunk story and the gps data certainly suggest to me that something happened around that time, but I don't know that they point specifically to the darts. I could easily retell that as BM came home, found SM texting JL and then attacked her and chased her into the bedroom where he strangled her (maybe you could argue the period of chasing was sufficient time for premeditation though). And I'm also not sure how to interpret the GPS data. The defense's argument regarding precision and the impossibility of some of the data points seemed sort of reasonable to me from afar. I'd want to see how it compared to previous times BM was at Puma Path. And with the door, they only really established that the crack was created sometime between when BM & SM purchased the house and the 10th.

But I agree that BM's biggest problem is the complete implausibility of most of his explanations.

ar3593, Blue Amethyst, jakat and 29 others like this.
  17. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

@NoSI - so gracious of you to defer to Lauren.
    All of Suzanne's Team everywhere in the world are forever grateful for your kind heart.
    Love to you for all you do from Los Angeles!
    -Charm

KaJo87, Chocoholic, kkdj and 41 others like this.
  18. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

@NoSI - so gracious of you to defer to Lauren.
    All of Suzanne's Team everywhere in the world are forever grateful for your kind heart.
    Love to you for all you do from Los Angeles!
    -Charm

Janeumayer, jakat, DizzyB and 14 others like this.
  19. brissygirl2019

brissygirl2019 Well-Known Member

Just watching Scott Reisch now as well & he says more than once that in regard to the PH the bar is low is establishing reasons to bind over for trial (which has been mentioned here many times) & yes he is of the view that the the case will go to trial but my take away is that he feels that the prosecutions case is a weak one :(

Blue Amethyst, NWLady, jakat and 17 others like this.
  20. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

@NoSI you are AWESOME! First, you actually go to the search for Suzanne and provide WS sleuthers with pictures, and now you are providing us with first hand accounts from the PH. Then, you go and give up your seat to LS!!!
    I am in awe of your contributions to WS, and your determination for Suzanne. It’s wonderful.

Next, I vote @MassGuy to be the one to provide closing arguments for the September hearing!
    JMO. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.