CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #79 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

One line in this article baffles me. Sloppy reporting?

Suzanne Morphew had told her friend she wanted to marry Libler. She was trying to remain in her marriage until both of her daughters were out of the house.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/suzanne-morphew-love-affair-trash-runs-revealed-hearing-husband-missing-colorado-woman/SI3HJTXQP5FAHMIYZMNE5AFYTI/

ar3593, Boxer, DeDee and 15 others like this.

2. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

RSBM

Based on the evidence, of nose "clipping", pushing against, a daughter advising a restraining order or some such, and Suzanne saying she had to wrestle free... I think "bickering" trivialises their relationship dynamics IMO.

Kittybunny, sk716, ar3593 and 42 others like this.
  3. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

So JL texted her once on May 11, 2020 and Suzanne did not respond. Allegedly that was his last text to her.

Doesn’t it seem odd that after an 18 month relationship he wouldn’t text her again, after receiving no response? MOO

ar3593, k-mac, Trinitee and 15 others like this.
  4. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

I wonder if @NoSI could show us on the map where the helmet was found. If he dumped the helmet in the vicinity where I think he did, he had plenty of places to turn around before he got to the Garfield Mine turn off. I think there were 2 evidence dumps when he took that left hand turn, one off the mine road somewhere and the second, the helmet.
    We know the helmet was found on the south side of US 50. If he took 226 instead of 50 on the way back from Garfield Mine and threw the helmet out the window from the driver’s side, it would land on the south side of 50. He could do this out of sight of 50 and there was little likelihood that someone would be driving on 226 at that hour of the morning. MOO

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Kittybunny, Rolo, misgrn and 27 others like this.
  5. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I think that is true of quite a few women. They wait until the last is off to college or whatever they are going to do in life and then divorce. Or at least that has been the experience in my group of friends. Sometimes spouses of my friends have been blindsighted...sometimes they are just resigned to it. It's part of the reason I don't think Suzanne truly feared for her life. She knew Barry didn't have a divorce, but I haven't come to the belief she feared for her life.

Kittybunny, Rolo, Kemug and 9 others like this.
  6. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

So many details were briefly touched on in the PH, but hours were spent on the JL affair. As long as Barry is held for trial, I will assume that the state chose not to present the meat of their case during the PH.
    I have to keep going back to the facts. Barry arrived home at 2:44. Barry said that he and Suzanne were together until 5 am the next morning. Suzanne was not active on any social media platform, did not make a call, send a text, or was seen again after Barry got home. I want to see her patterns-how many times a day did she normally engage? Was there ever a time in her life where she was off the grid for that period of time-ever? Did Barry ever share a steak with anyone? If Barry and Suzanne had the most perfect drug free night, why did he run off at 5am to Broomfield to watch television? Why didn’t he wait till the afternoon and spend the day at home as planned? Did he tell MG that JP could have his room, when he called her at 11 am and changed it all? Why did he leave the bobcat home, when it was necessary? If Suzanne always drove her RR to her biking location, did Barry ask neighbor JR to look for her car? Where is Suzanne’s teal biking jacket?

7. Blue Amethyst

Blue Amethyst Well-Known Member

ar3593, Daisyeve, Rolo and 36 others like this.
  8. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

Interesting that IIRC, JL's daughter and brother knew about the affair...and it follows that they knew about Suzanne's disappearance. There would have been a conversation between JL and either or both of these two about this; and any potential conversation with LE. I wonder how those conversations went, if they happened?

Kittybunny, Rolo, Proudnanny and 24 others like this.
  9. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I think SM went to CO with high hopes of rekindling their love after being devastated by his infidelity and her re-diagnosis of cancer. A new home, beautiful surroundings, a new beginning. Sadly, it must have become apparent VERY quickly that the leopard named Barry (another animal for our zoo!) could not change his spots. He did not support her in any meaningful way during all this. How could she have rebuilt any trust in him? I, like others here, absolutely understand why Suzanne sought emotional support from JL. After an affair, your esteem is non-existent, especially as a non-employed, stay at home wife and mother. I speak from experience.

Obviously, Suzanne knew soon after their move that things were no different. Barry was off doing “whatever” while she was left fighting her cancer alone. So, she reached out for a lifeline named JL. A desperate attempt to feel alive and a reason to keep going. It would be easy for us to say, “wouldn’t her children be enough of a reason?” Feeling your spouse doesn’t care if you live or die is pretty hard to accept. She found “self-worth” with JL for as long as it lasted, never mind the strength to tell Barry, “I’m done!” She had had enough of him and his bullying, gaslighting and lying. Had that beast not ended her precious life, I have no doubt that Suzanne would have come to realize that JL was not the right one either.

I won’t get into what I think about JL, as many here have expressed it better than I can. “He is a mouse, not a man,” was one of my favourites :)

All MOO!

10. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

Supposedly, a friend sent him an article about SM’s disappearance on the 12th.

Rolo, InvisibleMe, MemPat and 23 others like this.
  11. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

That was touched on briefly-we really don’t know if the daughter and brother knew it was an affair. Lauren, according to her tweet, said the daughter knew they were “speaking” when she used JL’s phone to order pizza. She told her uncle. We don’t know if he explained it away, perhaps as an innocent flirtation, or if he confessed to something more.

Rolo, Kemug, Bailey38 and 14 others like this.
  12. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

this is why there is no viable alibi....for over 14 hours, by his own admission...Barry was with his wife. During that entire time period, no one saw or spoke to Suzanne Morphew, even though they tried to. And after Barry left the house, according to him, she was asleep....and was never to be seen or heard from again. And he went to Broomfield to not work on a job; and to spend 5 hours in a hotel room.....and to not return 2 calls from LE.

13. IceIce9

Just speaking for myself, if I text someone (friend, relative, coworker, etc) and the text goes unanswered, I text back after an hour or two. So again IMO if I would text someone I was having a relationship with I would be more persistent in texting back after an unanswered text. That is just theoretical because I am not involved in a relationship. Just MOO.

ar3593, Rolo, k-mac and 11 others like this.
  14. Momofthreeboys

Agree...when the prosecutors said they checked all the Morphew vehicles' tires against tire tracks near the helmet I wondered how they could possible determine where a vehicle might be when the helmet toss occurred.

Rolo, Kemug, Bailey38 and 6 others like this.
  15. IceIce9

And this brings up another thought:

JL’s text goes unanswered on the 11th. A friend makes him aware of Suzanne’s disappearance the next day. So JL never texts her again.

Is that because he assumed she was dead? If he said he didn’t think Barry had anything to do with her disappearance did he think she was kidnapped? Or the mountain lion theory? Could he have thought maybe she left Barry?

I would like to know what his demeanor was on the 12th. How did he respond to the friend who made him aware of Suzanne’s disappearance? What was he like at home? Did he experience guilt thinking that his texts or messages could have put her in a dangerous situation?

I have so many questions I would like to ask him.

16. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Good questions for BM, but “I don’t recall,” will likely be his response. Heck, he can’t remember squat. According to him she was wearing white shorts and a strappy top when he last saw her, OR was it naked, OR a lump under the covers when he kissed her good-bye? I’m going with naked, in the MB, possibly the ensuite shower and then a lump in whatever he disposed her in. I suspect he may have seen her in the white shorts and top when he first came home. That man can’t help but incriminate himself every time he opens his lying mouth. JMHO

2468X, Kittybunny, Rolo and 24 others like this.
  17. payitforward3000

payitforward3000 Well-Known Member

One would guess that he may have googled her name if he was concerned about her safety and found that she was missing. My gut says BM knew about him.

Rolo, Flurries, Kemug and 23 others like this.
  18. payitforward3000

payitforward3000 Well-Known Member

I do agree with this which is what makes me believe BM knew about him and prob received those follow up texts. JMO

Rolo, Kemug, girlhasnoname and 12 others like this.
  19. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

Conversation? Geez I would have kicked him out and have all the locks changed after I went to my divorce lawyer filed for divorce and restraining order.

Flicka1, MemPat, Bailey38 and 12 others like this.
  20. Momofthreeboys

I don't believe Barry knew about JL. I think if he did he would have figured out how to call him and would have told him to stay the heck away from his wife. I don't see Barry sitting back and doing nothing if he really knew who the guy way. I do think he suspected Suzanne was secretly up to something.

Kittybunny, Rolo, Kemug and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.