Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail aggressively haunting the area, a press gaggle with 2ft video Tele lenses parked for 3 days at the property dig, interviewers talking to anyone that will talk to them, knocking on neighbor doors contacting the girls friends' parents and on and on.
MOO not surprising this earwig ended up crossing paths with BM at the site of her disappearance.
MOO returning to her last known location is totally normal and he may do it everyday for the rest of his llfe.
Statistics say he is most likely suspect, but he also may be innocent there is no way to tell from this video.

It was sickening to hear Tyson Draper lie to BMs face and then call him "Brother."
ITA Presumed innocent works for me, we share similar thoughts...

I think he was gone before Mother's Day so any description of clothing would be for some day prior to her being reported missing. So it could be a bit of a sticky wicket if he described clothing she wore on, let's say Friday, and someone thought it odd she had the same outfit on two days later. MOO

One would think that the three family members could have at least stated what she typically wore while biking. Probably some kind of athletic wear. "Black biking shorts or capris; top was likely to be turquoise, yellow or red." (IOW, list the various kinds of things Suzanne typically wore while biking). And the color of the helmet that was still missing (if it was). If they didn't find her helmet and she was dragged into a vehicle, they could say that no sign of her helmet was found (so it must be somewhere - BOLO?)

So far, I thought what we'd heard is that he left in the morning on Mother's Day, perhaps before she had dressed for her bike ride. But surely he could narrow down what she could be wearing? Of course, it seems he wasn't allowed back in the house until...the last couple of days? Still, now would be the time to try and figure out what she was wearing.

If LE doesn't want him announcing that info, that's very strange.

Not that this is what happened here, but just FYI… so yes, there would be evidence/unmistakable evidence...

Little graphic in regards to mountain lion attack evidence –

Mountain lion kill is typically

…under cover (brush, shrubs, trees). Lions tend to not leave their food out under open sky. An exception may be if the deer was killed in a fence enclosure, and then the lion is likely to have dried dragging it past the fence.

…covered with leaves, sticks, grass. There will be an area around the deer (or other prey) where the raking of the lion’s paws left bare dirt.

…eaten starting at the ribs. Lions tend to eat the chest-area organs first (lungs, heart, liver). They chew a hole in the ribs to get to these tasty and most-nutritious morsels (Yikes…. ).

…missing the stomach. Lions remove the stomach (called the rumen) when they first open the check cavity and bury is a few feet away from the body. This prevents stomach acids from spoiling the meat over the 3-5 days it will take the lion to finish eating the entire deer (or other prey).

…”shaved”! Yes, you read that right. Lions will nip the hair off of the body of a deer (or other prey) before they start chewing into it. Think of a surgeon shaving the patient before cutting. The clumps of nipped hair are about 1” across – the distance between the lion’s canine teeth. They snip the hair with their incisors.

…neat and tidy. The deer is usually in one piece (rather than scattered about – a leg here, a leg there…).

Resource: http://www.santacruzpumas.org/2014/03/lion-kills-vs-coyote-kills/

I understand this limitation, but if he is confident that she was biking, I think it should be relatively simple to identify her missing helmet, shoes, gloves, water bottle, etc.

True, but I am talking about items of clothing. Her helmet, water bottle, etc. would probably be the same every day but I presume her clothing choices would change.

Very good question.

If this was his most logical explanation it would have been a heartfelt plea compelling people (including friends and family) to help look for clues, he would have given descriptions of clothing, height, weight, bike details etc. *edited to add* It also would not have been a full week after she was reported missing. At that point you think she may be injured or hurt and in need of emergent medical attention. This was done without the awareness, approval or guidance of LE. He wasn’t being told what he should and shouldn’t say, this is what he saw as most important?

I find his directing of narrative based on audience to be insincere and misguided. If it were one of two possibilities, the above still would have been imperative to finding her. The only time this would not be helpful is if the person speaking played a role in the disappearance. LE considered those details not relevant recovering a missing person.

He didn’t mention why his job site was the focus of a three day investigation.

I hope I’m wrong, but I see him as a slick talker that has, more often than got gotten his way and to some degree he comes off as a bully. I haven’t listened to the end again to hear exactly what he says, so I cannot speak to the reported threat to T.

MOO

Like so many others, I cringe when I see that the closest person does not want to be with LE or a media event and get THEIR photo on national news.. so that folks that just happen upon the person forget the face.

MOO.

See such over and over and over in sooooooooooooo many cases.

MOO

Not that this is what happened here, but just FYI… so yes, there would be evidence/unmistakable evidence...

…under cover (brush, shrubs, trees). Lions tend to not leave their food out under open sky. An exception may be if the deer was killed in a fence enclosure, and then the lion is likely to have dried dragging it past the fence.

…covered with leaves, sticks, grass. There will be an area around the deer (or other prey) where the raking of the lion’s paws left bare dirt.

…eaten starting at the ribs. Lions tend to eat the chest-area organs first (lungs, heart, liver). They chew a hole in the ribs to get to these tasty and most-nutritious morsels (Yikes…. ).

…missing the stomach. Lions remove the stomach (called the rumen) when they first open the check cavity and bury is a few feet away from the body. This prevents stomach acids from spoiling the meat over the 3-5 days it will take the lion to finish eating the entire deer (or other prey).

…”shaved”! Yes, you read that right. Lions will nip the hair off of the body of a deer (or other prey) before they start chewing into it. Think of a surgeon shaving the patient before cutting. The clumps of nipped hair are about 1” across – the distance between the lion’s canine teeth. They snip the hair with their incisors.

…neat and tidy. The deer is usually in one piece (rather than scattered about – a leg here, a leg there…).

Hmmm..........in the high Colorado mountains, do the pumas carry grass and leaves with them? I realize you are not the author of this piece, but does it really apply to BLM's statement?

Hmmm..........in the high Colorado mountains, do the pumas carry grass and leaves with them? I realize you are not the author of this piece, but does it really apply to BLM's statement?

They always have a purse full of leaves and grass with them... Don't you know??? Just kidding...

My post was meant in general terms. They likely use what’s locally available to them, e.g. needles, pine cones, branches, instead…. Behaviors will still be the same for the most part but adapt regarding material.

Not a mountain lion expert, so MOO.

I agree.
I think he went out there to look for something he may have lost from his previous outing(s). He may have taken his mom with him to look less suspicious and to calm his nerve.

He was then caught off guard by running into a 'stranger' unexpectedly. Off balanced, he made poor decision to talk in detail, perhaps revealing too much, knowing the stranger may be recording the conversation.

yeah...wonder if it was a little baggie labelled "day 4." (although i can't even begin to imagine how that might be evidence, it is ODD to say the least).

How would lion handle the helmet!

Regarding the video, was anyone able to download or save it? With all the curosity surrounding BMs knowledge of the video, I was going to review a couple things but it was gone before I went back to it. This was a part 2 video T made on the same day as the one where he found the baggie of food. At the start of the BM video, the first personal encounter and introduction seemed very casual to me. I would have been more intetested in finding out why T was doing snooping around the area alone, especially when he said he was from AZ. When BM did ask where T was from, how was that worded? Was it a simple "where are you from?" Or, did he say, "where did you say youre from"? Only other thing I wanted to re-listen to was the "threat" at the end. How was that worded? Because IIRC, that was the only time during the video that T being from the media was mentioned. If he was concerned about it, why didnt he question it in the beginning? Or did he and I missed it? I feel like if we could review the very beginning again, it may give us insight as to the possibility that they may have spoken for the first time during the break in video. Thoughts?

This florid detail from BM is especially absurd. How is a neighbor (or anyone) supposed to conclude that "her bike is gone"? It could have been in thousands of places on that property (including getting tinkered on in the basement, drying outside after a bath). And then to follow up with her bike is gone from that spot, therefore she's gone.
Think of it this way:
Bikers, do your neighbors know what exact spot you keep your red bike in? So they'd conclude you hadn't returned from a bike ride if it wasn't in that spot?
No? I thought not.....
BM is full of baloney.

Do you have another theory as to why the neighbor called 911?

ETA: The neighbor did call 911. It's one of the few facts we actually have.

Is this (the video) the first time we’ve heard that the bike was in a ravine? I swear I’ve heard that it was found on a bridge.

I’m still on the fence, leaning toward the most typical outcome. But I will say that not all families make a big deal out of Mothers or Fathers Day - including mine. Especially this year.

yeah...wonder if it was a little baggie labelled "day 4." (although i can't even begin to imagine how that might be evidence, it is ODD to say the least).
wouldn’t LE searchers have already found this? Trash...if I am out hiking,I pick up trash, if I do not have to touch it or can isolate w/ my own trash...biodegradable or notJMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this (the video) the first time we’ve heard that the bike was in a ravine? I swear I’ve heard that it was found on a bridge.

I’m still on the fence, leaning toward the most typical outcome. But I will say that not all families make a big deal out of Mothers or Fathers Day - including mine. Especially this year.

If mothers day is a big deal or not that is not even one of the major red flags of BM.

Actually according to the interview he brought up 3 possible scenarios
True. ^^^

Remember that game where a nut is hidden under three cups, and the person controlling the cups switches them around & you have to guess where the concealed nut is ?
That's what it seems like after that 'interview'.

Planned ?
Unplanned ?
If unplanned I doubt BM would have been so forthcoming.
So not shady on the part of video guy.
Imo.

Last edited:
They always have a purse full of leaves and grass with them... Don't you know??? Just kidding...

My post was meant in general terms. They likely use what’s locally available to them, e.g. needles, pine cones, branches, instead…. Behaviors will still be the same for the most part but adapt regarding material.

Not a mountain lion expert, so MOO.

I don't seriously believe BLM is a mountain lion expert, either. With a his wife missing for two full weeks, and an offer of $210,000 reward being ignored, I would expect him to be grasping at straws to convince himself that anything other than the obvious was possible. Oh, wait a minute, there's no straw up there, either. I'll have to give this one some more thought. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998