CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzieB

OzzieB Well-Known Member

Well in colorado he doesn't need permission from Barry but... The fact that he told him he wasn't being recorded changes things. He lied to his face and stood there pretending he came all that way to help. He was also calling him bro and asking what he can do to help. Tyson was not there to help anyone he could care less. He was also touching that bag of food he found...he obviously has no background in searching for a missing person and he didn't care enough to actually educate himself. He is just like an annoying nosy neighbor.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020

2. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Active Member

Not here in Colorado. Take out only, we were on lockdown.

Mo Thuairim, TRB, fcavanaugh and 8 others like this.
  3. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

It's not at all unusual. In the case of Faye Swetlik, something belonging to her was found and the public wasn't immediately told what it was.

JMO

4. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

People are assuming everything BM said in that TD video is the truth. People can and do lie. Grain of salt...or maybe an entire saltlick is needed.

5. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure one of them already weighed in this morning on the aspect of "consent". I'm only curious about MyBelle's comment regarding defamation of character.
    If DOC could be charged in that regard, I'm sure glad I don't have my legal name attached to any of my posts.

6. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Yes, that would stand to reason.

7. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

Exactly! He can’t control what he doesn’t know. Not sure but we are thinking similarly.

8. pepper 34

Maybe the daughter(s) told the neighbor where their mother kept her bike.

Orgona, Bailey38, fcavanaugh and 5 others like this.
  9. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Ditto for me, too.

Bailey38 and brooks like this.
  10. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

A couple of people wrote “that could buy quite a bit of Meow Mix”. Agreed.^^

11. Hoosierfan72

Hoosierfan72 Well-Known Member

I actually think that video has much more value (to LE) if, in fact, BM was lying. Much of what he said is easily verified by LE - and if he's lying, one would have to ask why that is. I don't know that it actually provides any value that could prove useful in a court of law - but if I'm LE and I know BMs lying in that video, I'm doubling down on him as my prime suspect.

If BM is telling the truth in the video (about the bike, the mountain lion sighting, the interaction with the daughters, etc.), then it only sheds some light on things we've only been able to speculate on up until now. I wish we at least knew if the things BM says that could be confirmed by LE are actually true. But we don't.... so in that respect, yes, grain of salt. JMO, MOO.

12. pepper 34

Do we know from an approved WS source that BM has hired a private investigator?

Bailey38, Fireflize and al66pine like this.
  13. gamma gal

gamma gal Well-Known Member

14. gamma gal

Sorry ~ not an expert at the rules, yet. What does it mean to Sleuth BM? I'm not sure what I said as post is deleted. I will try to tame my comments. Again, big apologies.

Itsapuzzle, Dre, fcavanaugh and 5 others like this.
  15. Itsapuzzle

Itsapuzzle Well-Known Member

Just regarding the home CCTV surveillance apparently not working at the time .... seems to be a world-wide phenomenon when someone goes missing it's not working or switched on .... quite remarkable .... I wonder if someone's written a paper on it?

16. CronesEye

CronesEye Well-Known Member

Lying is a fascinating study. I once read where it was a measure of social intelligence in children as in if they knew to lie to get something they better understood the intricacies of human social behavior. Then I recently heard something about how a predator presents themselves in deception, they really look at who they are deceiving to see how it is working and that is their social intelligence - deceptive arts. The problem is though, when you are deceiving the masses..."You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

So you get all of us here with our varied perspectives and inputs and somewhere in the middle falls the truth? Sometimes? Too much salt is bad for your health, eh? Yup.

17. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

I wonder if SM was gifted a new bike by her daughters and/or BM! Imo

katydid23 and al66pine like this.
  18. gamma gal

So I may have missed something, but.... do the videographer and BM know eachother? Just curious?

19. gamma gal

So I may have missed something, but.... do the videographer and BM know each other? Just curious?

Itsapuzzle likes this.
  20. curiousgene

curiousgene Well-Known Member

I think the same way too. He is under a lot of pressure and he is assuring himself that he has it under control. He is reminding himself of his defence possibilities. They don't have a body, she is still considered missing, I put up a reward for any information, the evidence was tampered with (his so-called friend is a witness to that), the mountain lion is a possibility since they were seen around. LE thinks she was abducted, LE said he is cleared... I think everything he said in that conversation was what he is constantly thinking and rehearsing in his head to convince anyone who is willing to listen about his innocence. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.