CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tate123

Tate123 Well-Known Member

kay74..Make no mistake... I am the type that falls for this. My skills for seeing through someone are poor.

Flicka1, carbuff, enchilada and 11 others like this.

2. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

What color was the bike helmet suppose to be? I have thought green but in the white board it said light blue bike helmet again not sure that BM wrote that but just wondering the color.

3. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Alathea I'm glad you are here for your input. I don’t find him charming. But I don’t find it strange that he isn’t emotional, as he may still be in shock. I guess I don’t want to convict him just yet. But some posters here have been on WS a long time. They can see through things I can’t. And they are usually always right. :)
    Thanks for being here.

Flicka1, carbuff, 10ofRods and 24 others like this.
  4. Knox

Knox On Time Out

Criticizing LE told me all I need to know about Barry Morphew.

5. kay74

kay74 Former Member

Like what! I would be doing the same.

6. samsmom

samsmom Well-Known Member

And I’m pretty sure Barry asked him not to record. Does that make a difference?

Flicka1, Melrose, 10ofRods and 14 others like this.
  7. KLM6

KLM6 Well-Known Member

Im going to have to relisten to the video, but my immediate takeaways are, a) lack of emotion from a husband who cant find his wife; b) Overcompensating credibility (400 Iraq tours, huh?!?); c) Excuses (well it rained so if it was a Mountain Lion (If it was a lion, there would be a blood trail, scraps of clothing, etc.)....and d) he sure started with a detailed description of the bike location/placement, etc, just before cutting himself off and saying he wasnt even there. So. Why wasnt he there? Why didnt he come straight home when LE were called? He was only an hour or two away, right? And why does there seem to be a lack of communication between dad and daughters through this? Why is the neighbor the middleman, other than for the sake of checking the house? I agree with who said this video did him no favors, but left a few more questions - for me at least.

8. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

I’m not buying it either. BM’s tone was very matter of fact, but it struck me that he was completely devoid of sentiment, emotion and sadness. I’d think that if you were talking about the loss of your wife there might be a hint of sadness in there. There wasn’t. He sounded as if he was talking about the weather or what he had eaten for lunch.

9. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

If it rained and messed up the lion prints would that same rain mess up the foot prints and tire tracks?

marylamby, Flicka1, Breathe and 29 others like this.
  10. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Precisely.

11. Feistyomi

Feistyomi Well-Known Member

Flicka1 likes this.
  12. osu

osu Well-Known Member

THIS ^^ is what struck me as being so odd about his description of what he believes happened to Suzanne. There was absolutely no emotion from him at all. No, “I just can’t imagine where she is” or “We’re devastated..we need to find her!” Nothing.

JMO

13. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

He did come home right away, according to what he just said. She was reported missing at almost 6pm. He was there by 9. It’s 2.5 hours away, per numerous posts on these threads.

Flicka1, carbuff, Melrose and 17 others like this.
  14. KLM6

KLM6 Well-Known Member

Yes! This was definitely a part that stood out to me. It was the most descript part of the conversation. Then he turned around and said he wasnt even there.

15. Truecolors

Truecolors Well-Known Member

It’s really difficult for me to understand how he could utter those graphic details about his wife’s death without vomiting.

But he is not me. Who knows. Maybe we’ll be surprised.

He certainly did not wow me with his charm and values in this video.

I have to add, the video itself made me so uncomfortable with its dishonest recording and repeatedly fussing with the recording device. I kept feeling panic about the device being discovered. It’s hard for me to separate my discomfort with the video and discomfort with things BM said in the video,

16. trujac

trujac Well-Known Member

BM might be a high functioning Asperger individual--his verbatim quote on his video plea for his wife, literally repeating everything his nephew said to the media, and the lack of facial expression while talking, along with the most recent video clip where he waves his arms around continuously, plus his apparent lack of social and anger management skills seems to me to be various signs of possible autism behavior.

marylamby, Flicka1, carbuff and 9 others like this.
  17. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

What help would that be, in your opinion?

The sheriff is on it. The CBI and FBI are both involved. What do you feel is missing from this equation?

If I was missing I’d pray to god that the FBI was brought on board. You don’t get much better than that...

18. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

Thanks. I obviously missed that. (It’s impossible to read every page, IMO.)

Flicka1, 10ofRods, Breathe and 9 others like this.
  19. TKG

TKG “Hope is not a strategy”

Any opinions on the bag labeled “day 4” on it? Besides the fact it should not have been disturbed or touched? Is there a way (guessing) she could be in a well or mine against her will? I’m trying to figure out something other than what seems painfully obvious.

20. kay74

kay74 Former Member

yea sick of hearing about the sheriff. He's on it alright focusing on her husband, not preserving evidence from an abductor. Not impressed at all. Poor woman is gone 3 weeks..…..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.