Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
Yeah, unless a person in a vehicle purposely knocked her off the road and then took her with them. Or she had wrecked on her own and was walking home injured and got picked up by a person with nefarious things on his mind.

Which is why I was looking at that alleged scene of where the bicycle was allegedly found. To see if we can eliminate any possibilities.

Assuming that is the exact spot where bicycle was located with the ribbon on tree, it just looked more to me that it could have been swung and thrown from the road surface by an individual. A wreck from the road I would have guessed the bike would have gotten tangled in the brush more closer to the top nearer the road. But there is no way to really tell for sure as we discussed based on speed, growth being shorter, and other things.

So much of this case we have to choose whether we want to believe certain things and it makes it very frustrating.
BBM: That's my presumption.

JMO
Yeah, unless a person in a vehicle purposely knocked her off the road and then took her with them. Or she had wrecked on her own and was walking home injured and got picked up by a person with nefarious things on his mind.

Which is why I was looking at that alleged scene of where the bicycle was allegedly found. To see if we can eliminate any possibilities.

Assuming that is the exact spot where bicycle was located with the ribbon on tree, it just looked more to me that it could have been swung and thrown from the road surface by an individual. A wreck from the road I would have guessed the bike would have gotten tangled in the brush more closer to the top nearer the road. But there is no way to really tell for sure as we discussed based on speed, growth being shorter, and other things.

So much of this case we have to choose whether we want to believe certain things and it makes it very frustrating.
I see the bike as being thrown down there, either by BM or other, I wonder tho, could it have been walked down there, foot prints, etc?
If walked, points to staging IMO doubtful Suzanne would not have tried to escape if given chance.

If I'm understanding this correctly, SM gave POA to BM in April 2019. Did she revoke it or does it only last a certain amount of time? If she revoked it, that's extremely suspicious.

Would someone with reoccurring cancer who would possibly be going through debilitating treatment again with 1 -daughters at college age, 2- sizable assets only have a temporary POA? My bet is on revoking it if she was indeed having problems with BM. Her stepfather took care of her, she would feel obligated to take care of her daughters.

Would someone with reoccurring cancer who would possibly be going through debilitating treatment again with 1 -daughters at college age, 2- sizable assets only have a temporary POA? My bet is on revoking it if she was indeed having problems with BM. Her stepfather took care of her, she would feel obligated to take care of her daughters.

How do you know her step parent “took care of her”? Do you know that for a fact? Interestingly I’d never considered this. I’m not sure it’s even been mentioned...

That's one of the reason's why I like coming here, everyone's contributions really expand my thinking. (I think everyone should be rescued or found, primary reason)
So plants can be like the microflora and microfauna? I never heard of such a thing, what a science, Clandestine Grave Forensics? So much to learn. Advanced Tracking?
Let me repeat...I am not a criminal, but if anyone searched my computer and phone records...?
Many years ago, sleuthing Madeleine McCann I found some absolutely horrible information, and never got to the actual sites, got close, wasn’t sure that I could access the sites, but was kinda afraid to go further and find out...I am not a pedophile either....
The info you can find is astonishing, but eventually you do get to brick wall that requires you to have LE credentials and unlimited access,
people searches can be expensive, tho you guys are teaching me how to go further on my searches, I am learning. But now I do not need to do everything , you guys are great!... <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
OJ Simpson’s girlfriend?

OJ and Nicole were divorced, she was not killed in anyone's bedroom - she was on the front walk of her home in Brentwood, as she went outside to collect sunglasses she'd left at a restaurant from Ron Goldman.

OJ had his mansion, Nicole wasn't killed there. So whoever the girlfriend was, I don't want her to think we are judging her!

In the case of women who hang out with murderers, though, all bets are off for what they're willing to put up with. That point still stands. And is a very good one.

JMO

"So much of this case we have to choose whether we want to believe certain things and it makes it very frustrating." Not necessarily, I shall remain hopeful, I would like to eliminate bias and eliminate possibilities. Some possibilities take time to completely assess and reveal.

What is the typical, statistical odds of a bike accident that day? The probabilities might be way low in the case that there actually was a bike ride. What is the usual traffic Sunday morning on that road? Are they locals? If that road isn't traveled much and mostly by locals, odds are low it would be an accident. Odds here are not bias. I like your approach of eliminating possibilities.

I'm aging stuffs going no secret, I had to have surgery. I got my things in order in the event something happened. I gave POA's with specific duties. My 1st time doing something like that relinquish my life and power to another is not taken lightly imo.

Not that I don't trust my family, I can only 100 trust myself, I made sure it was well known resuscitate me!! :D When I woke up-revoked back to normal life gtfoh without strings

How do you know her step parent “took care of her”? Do you know that for a fact? Interestingly I’d never considered this. I’m not sure it’s even been mentioned...

Are we allowed to post anything about a parent? Or rather step parent? I am relatively new to this and don't want to get into trouble. I should have not said anything, eh? I am no super sleuther but learned this from another member, who did the hard work. I can post a link if it is allowed.
And I really need to change that to IF he was taken care of by her parents, then she would be likely to take care of her kids.
I am so sorry if I violated any rules.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion and I mean no disrespect, but I can't see someone staying on the bike all that way down the hillside. SM would have likely flipped head over heels at some point had she been riding when it went off the road. There would have been some sign of that, IMO. Broken branches, torn clothing, blood, something that would have proven she was riding that bike. MOO

I agree she and the bike would likely have parted company, but I think they could both have flipped quite some distance. I keep wondering if maybe her body wound up in the water and hasn't been found yet, but that doesn't fit with the big search under the concrete.

"So much of this case we have to choose whether we want to believe certain things and it makes it very frustrating." Not necessarily, I shall remain hopeful, I would like to eliminate bias and eliminate possibilities. Some possibilities take time to completely assess and reveal.

What is the typical, statistical odds of a bike accident that day? The probabilities might be way low in the case that there actually was a bike ride. What is the usual traffic Sunday morning on that road? Are they locals? If that road isn't traveled much and mostly by locals, odds are low it would be an accident. Odds here are not bias. I like your approach of eliminating possibilities.
an accidental hit and run is low On my list .
I do think a stalker/predator could cause an accident by simply putting an obstruction in the road, then subdue SM. They would have parked car, van, or suv nearby w/o causing alarm. This requires a certain amount of planning and is not so random IMO

I have the same questions. It appears LE only searched for a few days after SM went missing in addition to removing concrete. IMO, the majority here are barking up the wrong tree - I don't think BM had anything to do with her disappearance. Too bad we can't use our experience to sleuth some additional theories to help find SM.

You could actually engage in some speculation, without sleuthing any particular person. Surely, you don't have a particular person in mind. You could explore your theory here at length and find that many of us will be quite interested.

Stranger abduction? Abduction by known person? Known how? Sex trafficking?
Ran away? Why? Hitchhiked?
Is with a lover (ran away)?
Business associate?
Bungled robbery?
Other family member? (Can't sleuth them, only BM because LE went to his worksite and dug up concrete)
Serial killer?
Wilderness misadventure?

Please let's not do mountain lion again (I was one of the first to bring it up, one of my research interests is people missing in the wilderness, mountain lions leave specific traces and can be tracked by dogs).

Do you think she's missing from a bike ride?

I just don't get why the find Suzanne Morphew is not getting updates. You would think that they want the word out there to find Suzanne! It is a hard pill to swallow.
I was also checking the mountain biking and bike shop Facebook groups and there is almost nothing there as well. Maybe it is a commonly discussed topic in the local workplaces in Salida and surrounding areas. But for threads that are moving very fast here, the social media is strangely quiet.

I would have to know the type of vegetation it is, woody or grassy, the rainfall, successive plant populations.
And I can't quite see up the hill, over the horizon of that initial limited landscape, a small patch actually in that large landscape.
That tall dominantly dispersed plant seems to have it's original top, rounded and slightly bent, now if that species came up rapidly after May 10 in lots of rain, it wouldn't be trampled. But if it was slower growing it wouldn't look like that, especially if it was woody.
Anybody live out there and know the vegetation on that hillside?

And carbuff, I would think people would still be returning to search that site if it was really where the bike was found. It could be where the bike was found, of course, it is just that it doesn't look like any significant presence has been there and of course if BM was misleading someone that would make him look suspicious wouldn't it?

Can you say why you think searchers trample foliage when looking for a missing person? I've seen them part branches/grass, look, take one careful step, repeat. Dogs are very useful for this, as well (and trained to stop and not move further if they scent something).

The person who found the bike may or may not have been LE. I doubt they were a big group. Hopefully, LE preserved the scene, as there was no urgency to trample the immediate area where the bike was found. I would think they'd have looked for tire tracks, bike tracks, shoe prints, animal prints, etc.

I tend to trust CCSO on this.

OJ and Nicole were divorced, she was not killed in anyone's bedroom - she was on the front walk of her home in Brentwood, as she went outside to collect sunglasses she'd left at a restaurant from Ron Goldman.

OJ had his mansion, Nicole wasn't killed there. So whoever the girlfriend was, I don't want her to think we are judging her!

In the case of women who hang out with murderers, though, all bets are off for what they're willing to put up with. That point still stands. And is a very good one.
Honestly I would be far away from anyone who had that much incriminating evidence against them. I would be afraid to close my eyes

This post lands at random with a view to addressing questions we have received regarding sleuthing of property documents that contain Suzanne's name and the names of others.

As Suzanne is the victim in this case, sleuthing her background information IS allowed. BM has not been officially named a POI so sleuthing him is not allowed.

As there are strong indications that LE considers BM to be a POI, Tricia made a thread specific decision to allow discussion (not sleuthing) of BM based on those indication.

We understand this can be confusing when it comes to sleuthed documents that contain both names.

In sleuthing Suzanne (which is allowed) BM's name and others may appear in the results.That's okay as long as it was arrived at via sleuthing Suzanne and contains her name. If names other than Suzanne's appear, please just link to the documentation and use initials for all others in the discussion.

If/when LE officially names a POI or suspect, then their name can be used.

Hope that clarifies.

an accidental hit and run is low On my list .
I do think a stalker/predator could cause an accident by simply putting an obstruction in the road, then subdue SM. They would have parked car, van, or suv nearby w/o causing alarm. This requires a certain amount of planning and is not so random IMO
There was a local man who said he saw a car on the side of the road that gave him pause if I remember right, but not blocking anything. This was earlier in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong