CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

No one is saying that if someone has a real tip they should stay quiet. What many of us are saying is that the public are not experts entitled to details of a professional investigation because you think they’re not solving it quickly enough.

It just doesn’t work that way. There’s tons of information they have that we don’t and we aren’t entitled to it.

And what I believe the poster you’re responding to was saying was that they don’t need the public’s help in a specific direction, with relation to the supposed vehicle tip.

Of course they need the public’s help when and IF that public knows something pertinent to the case. Not just general brainstorming.

Otherwise, LE absolutely should be assumed to be on top of it or going in the right direction, if a direction is stated, until and unless something comes out that indicates they’re mistaken. You know why? Because they know everything and we know close to nothing. There is a reason for the things they do and we aren’t privy to it.

Of course they’re not infallible. There have been mistakes. Usually those closest to the victim are the ones who determine that.
    But the solution to that is not enlisting curious, amateur detectives from among the public who arrogantly believe they’re entitled to know investigative details and that they will be able to solve a case that LE can’t.

2. CronesEye

CronesEye Well-Known Member

I just have to say it after looking at that video - Colorado is nice but Montana is nicer. Don't you think?

I will take a closer look at those trails tomorrow. I do remember solitary bikers going up hill in the Beartooth. Not my thing.
    SM must be a real go getter if she went up those trails. I can't imagine she wouldn't have got to know the other local bikers she would be seeing coming and going past her home. Several bikers posting said they look out for each other as a matter of practice, but I imagine some do and some don't.
    The Sheriff Spezzee said they blocked off Monarch pass? That was far from SMs house. I thought they only blocked off her road.He said on that Thursday they blocked off Monarch pass. A very large area to search.
    Dave F, I would rather run into a grizzly bear, than some humans. Humans present the risk more than the terrain and the critters.

3. gitana1

Not only that but LE’s focus is pretty intense and very clear. That guides me.

4. GordianKnot

GordianKnot On Time Out

Exactly.

"She said, 'That's fine....'. She bikes ... She'd ride the bike ... The girls would get home; they'll be together. That's what we thought was gonna happen."

I have no doubt that was the plan.

SM would "go for a bike ride."
    The girls would then get home.
    And find her and the bike missing, while BM was still 2 hours away in Denver.

That's what "we" thought was gonna happen.

Only, "we" didn't know that the girls would be running late. Whoops!

So, "we" had to switch to Plan B.

Plenty of machinations going on here….
    Crafted by one puppeteer, manipulating the strings from behind the curtain.

JMO.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  5. CronesEye

who is CD?

I get in trouble for telling my family I will go to the end of the world for them, they get mad and tell me to leave it to the professionals. It's their job they know what they are doing, is what I am told.
    But everyone is different. I can't really put myself inside someones brain. I respect the fact that all our brains are wired differently.

6. MassGuy

MassGuy On Time Out

Chad Daybell.

7. gitana1

TES has finite resources. They can’t be everywhere, all the time. They mostly stay in TX. They will go out of state on occasion if family invite them. But most of the time, per what I’ve heard from Tim Miller, they can’t afford to go to an out of state search.

This is a private organization that has to be invited by private people and that has to be judicious about where they can go and how many cases they can cover.

8. Dave F.

Dave F. Well-Known Member

You make some good points, but we really have no indication at all that LE even drove through the RV Park, much less stopped people and asked them any questions. I would agree that anyone who thought they saw something would probably call the tip line. IMO

9. gitana1

And they very likely are, and/or computer and phone or GPS records, if we use multiple other cases as guideposts.

10. Hannah3105

Hannah3105 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I’m in the U.K. so I’ve just woken up.

Apparently there is going to be a press release tomorrow, as per Lauren Scharf.

Lauren Scharf (@LaurenScharfTV) on Twitter

11. gitana1

And yet LE, who know everything we do and much, much more, and who searched around where her bike was found, extensively, don’t.

12. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

K9Enzo,
    I always appreciate your well thought out posts. I know you have some real world experience looking for the missing.

My question:
    When you go out on a search, how much background info are you given about a case?

Is it just, here's the missing woman's scent, now see if you can find a trail?

Or are you given more info about what is going on---like 'she left after an argument at midnight and she was drinking', etc...?

13. gitana1

And yet LE, who know everything we do and much, much more, and who searched around where her bike was found, extensively, don’t.

14. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

K9Enzo,
    I always appreciate your well thought out posts. I know you have some real world experience looking for the missing.

My question:
    When you go out on a search, how much background info are you given about a case?

Is it just, here's the missing woman's scent, now see if you can find a trail?

Or are you given more info about what is going on---like 'she left after an argument at midnight and she was drinking', etc...?

What info would searchers be given in Suzanne's case? Would they be told she went for a bike ride and bike was in a ravine? Or that she MAY have been on a ride, but maybe not?

15. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

BM failed to answer when 'last saw her'?
    @mom2chloe :) I gotta think his atty (azz-uming he's retained one) emphatically advised, maybe begged, BM not to make public stmts.<---totally predictable, routine, SOP, ordinary, run of the mill, commonplace, orthodox. No surprise there. Or even private stmts to anyone.

Now trying to think of a reason why LE would ask/advise BM not to disclose when BM & SM last saw or talked w one another, but coming up empty. A verified legal professional (apologies, forgot which one) here posted thoughts about defendants being chit-chatty w the media. Paraphrasing: Prosecutors (usually) love blabbermouths who spout off specific details, which they use to show defendants's self-contradictions w stmts to LE and weave w other evidentiary threads into a tapestry for the jury. (;) Hope I have not taken too much literary license there.:rolleyes:)

16. CronesEye

I'm kinda of new and what this is teaching me is to me less biased and I do have bias. Facts are good things. We don't have access to many of them. So I am happy with looking at all available details, learning how to work backwards as you say. And learning what others think. I learn a lot from everyone, all kinds of input, it's all good.

17. Dave F.

Yes, Montana is much better. That's always been my opinion.

Monarch Pass, for automobile traffic, is Highway 50. One lane up, one lane down, and an occasional stretch of passing lane. I understood it that they wanted send the dogs up Highway 50 a ways from the CR 225 turnoff, and didn't want traffic to interfere with the dogs work. CR 225 was closed to automobiles for all of Monday and Tuesday, I believe. IMO

18. Dave F.

I believe they are all on the same radio frequencies. Whatever one calls in, they all know.

I believe search dogs are trained to start with a scent from a spot where the person was known to have been, and search the next "hit" of that scent. They keep searching outward trying to put together a chain of hits.There is no such thing as a continuous scent trail away from a known spot, and rubbing the dog's nose with her perfumed hankie is a cinema technique anymore, I think. IMO

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  19. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2020
  20. DBLG

DBLG Well-Known Member

When I think of BM "getting a job lined up" I imagine he may have brought tools, equipment, digging machinery, etc. It makes me think he was preparing an explanation of why he may have been visually spotted with equipment (shovels, gravel, soil, etc,). Maybe he hauled a trailer to Denver and left it there. Possibly setting up a reasonable explanation if tools were notably missing from his home or one of his trailers was missing. But we all know the "workers" he mentions that were supposed to show up on Monday morning will be located and interviewed. I am so interested to hear the details of his alibi as we get deeper into this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.