CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

IMO

One should always be careful, know your surroundings, don't walk alone at night if you can help it, lock car doors, house doors and windows, just as your mom would want you to do (and remind you to do). If you're out in the wilderness where there could be wildlife, make sure you have bear spray with you and take your cell phone even if you think you don't need it or believe it won't work, and tell others if you are off hiking.

Whatever happened to SM does not appear to be random--meaning her disappearance and (presumed) death most likely wasn't some crime of opportunity by some dude looking for a female victim to attack, nor an accident, nor an animal attack.

LE, by all appearances, seems to believe SM is the victim of someone close to her, and they are looking at her spouse as their primary suspect (but will not say so until after an arrest is made, if it is him).

That doesn't mean there isn't some other killer out there, but specifically related to the SM case, LE isn't issuing any warnings to the public and you can infer meaning from that.

/IMO

2. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

purple bolding mine

@al66pine : Good post. ^^^
    We don't have to agree -- but I think we already are in agreement. :)
    The actual identity doesn't have to be revealed and in fact I think it should be withheld until (hopefully) an arrest is made.
    That's if there's been foul play, and I sadly think that's happened as I don't see Suzanne letting her girls wait and be in anguish this long.

My .02 : Is that the specific identity is not necessary to warn the public of, no.
    Esp. if it's just a poi or someone LE are concerned about at that time.
    So that's not what I was saying -- but I could have clarified the comment a bit better.

A BOLO could encompass anyone from a stalker to a random abductor to a person possibly known to the Morphews'.
    Not the "who", just that LE believe she was kidnapped.

If LE believe someone took Suzanne I do think the public should be warned that they think she was abducted.
    A 'be on the alert' if nothing else.

Along with a description of when she was last seen outside of the family and also what she was wearing.

The fact that LE haven't described her bike, where it was located, and its' condition is troubling.
    The silence makes it appear that LE don't think this is what happened.

So, no danger to the public at large as in LE think whatever may have happened to Suzanne was within her circle of family or acquaintances.
    Not just persons known to Suzanne, but to her husband as well.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

But even IF LE think she was abducted... would it be premature to tell the public to be on the lookout for Suzanne ?
    My .02 is no and for other missing persons cases there was a final photo and in some cases a "last seen here" video.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    AnnaGrace, Flicka1, vaporlass and 8 others like this.
  3. OldCop

OldCop Well-Known Member

I know several others agree with this. Me? Not so much. Do many people really pick up and move to be near their child’s college? Kids usually want to grow their independence at this time in their lives. Plus, if they graduate and get a job half way across the country would you pick up and move again??? Grandparents often move to be closer to where children and grandchildren have settled, but following your kid to college is kind of creepy and I would think would be embarrassing to the child.

4. 303gmf

303gmf Well-Known Member

Same thoughts on the landscaping, it’s like he’s ringing the whole property with rocks

AnnaGrace, Flicka1, Moonchime and 9 others like this.
  5. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

LE Warning?
    @LietKynes sbm Yes, I think we are thinking along the same line generally, if there is to be a warning: LE not revealing any specific name/identity.
    But azz-uming LE should warn the public about a rando abductor/killer, then how, when, where, how often does LE announce this to the public, esp'ly tourists.<---My post 374 asks, Doable?
    Difficult for me to imagine.

AnnaGrace, Flicka1, Moonchime and 7 others like this.
  6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

^^sbm

Maybe this will be the Colorado case that we will be able to say started the trend where local reporters visit the clerk and tweet "search warrant confirmed by the clerk -- details at 5pm News!"

In other news, the Chaffee County Sheriff announced today that the records office is open again.

News
    The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has reopened its records office, 641 W. Third St., to the public. Business hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Thursday.

7. ethereal*22

ethereal*22 Well-Known Member

@FelicityLemon, I’ve so often thought of this too! That if BM is not involved, the “controlling” or “hunter brute” persona ideal that has been possibly exaggerated here upon brief snippets that may only reflect a side of character, if any at all, because how does one behave during such time I’m still unsure. But, yes, I see it could be reasonable that a man or any human may try to “bargain” with any deviation of reality when left with only the horror of what we all know is a possibility. I don’t have to list examples.

God forbid, I’d rather think a million scenarios than what some women have endured at the hands of abductors. Amen, and I can’t wait for a day that this is someway not the case. Whether these men are known or unknown to these innocent women.

AnnaGrace, Flicka1, Fireflize and 8 others like this.
  8. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I appreciate Daily Mail's work.

No media was highlighting SM situation, but DM did.

MOO is that they got the ball rolling for other media.

AnnaGrace, Flicka1, TexLil and 20 others like this.
  9. marylamby

marylamby Well-Known Member

They didn't build the home, they bought it. They have properties in Indiana which they either rent or have been sold, as far as I know.
    IMO

Flicka1, Moonchime, Fireflize and 6 others like this.
  10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

As someone that paid out of state tuition, moving during HS also makes sense if your children are planning to attend Univ in that state. MOO

Flicka1, Flurries, Leigh80 and 18 others like this.
  11. marylamby

Some people, very few really, have spoken out about them. It's just not on msm and can't be discussed.
    That's not to say they are being truthful, so there's that.

Flicka1, Moonchime, crhedBngr and 8 others like this.
  12. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Maybe they’ve already talked to those who matter.

I might not talk to the media if a friend of mine went missing, if:

1. I had info for the police.
    2. I felt the case was being handled as well as can be and taking to the media wouldn’t help.
    3. The family asked me not to. And I trusted them.

If I had info for the police I would not be taking to the media about that info. That’s for sure.

Sunny123, MerBeach, Flicka1 and 23 others like this.
  13. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I agree, they scooped local media with the shots of the forensic team investigating at the Morphew home. They also tried to interview the person who reported Suzanne missing and spoke to one of the daughter's friend's parent.

IMO, it seems the media has rolled over and died on the vine. No one is pushing CCSO or the CBI for information, maybe if they were more aggressive in that pursuit we would hear at least a surface update on Suzanne.

No family or media speaking out is sad. I appreciate our posters here keeping her thread alive.

14. marylamby

Yes, and LE stated, when asked, if the locals or visitors should fear danger, they responded by saying that they don't believe anyone has a reason to be alarmed [paraphrasing]. I think we all read that, I don't want to get in trouble!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    MerBeach, AnnaGrace, Flicka1 and 10 others like this.
  15. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Yes!!!!

Sunny123, Flicka1, Moonchime and 12 others like this.
  16. TKG

TKG “Hope is not a strategy”

As we awaited word from CCSO and were told they were not searching the M residence, DM snapped photos of the FBI Evidence recovery team walking out with bags. Etc. Without them, we would have zippo! Of course, then the “secret interview” was posted by TD. I’m happy they were aggressive in trying to get information.

17. marylamby

I respectfully disagree. There are many aspects of POI's that mimic each other, whether there's a body or not.
    The FBI knows this and profiles everyone. So does all LE, if they're worth their salt.

18. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Wish they would get aggressive again, but with no searches, no reason to hide in the bushes or put a drone up. Unless we want to see pics of what a certain someone is up too these days.

19. marylamby

But she's not been declared dead yet.

20. DBLG

DBLG Well-Known Member

BBM - I cannot get "got in the river" out of my mind. Do you think BM is accidentally telling us where she is? That would be a logical scenario to explain since BM has been pushing the whole "crashed bike" scenario. Also, the e-mail to the church that states "they can't find her." I think the language is very telling. IMO, he knows her body is hidden or will at some point be discovered. It's just a matter of time. All JMO

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
    ‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.