CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debrat007

debrat007 Well-Known Member

AnnaGrace and Fireflize like this.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

N
    I attended Univ in beautiful Colorado and that state was always full of wonderful memories for me. Now I'm obsessed with the lovely mothers who started vanishing i.e., SW, KB, and now SM. Yes, we absolutely want them found and reunited with their families and if not stand vigil until justice served.

3. Herat

Herat Way out West

I am just commenting on two visible trails seen on Google. I do not know if the bike was found on either of these trails or not.

From the photos of the Foose Creek Trail, on AllTrails, no golf cart or 4 wheeler could fit.

From the Google view of Route 226, which is the turnoff that was photographed in MSM as "near where personal items were found", it's certainly wide enough for a golf cart or 4 wheeler. There looks to be a regular dirt road that heads east toward the dam, so it would be used as a maintenance / access road for the dam. It does not appear to have a gate or a chain across it.

But there are numerous other mountain bike trails all over the place. Look at the other side of highway 50. Places galore.

I only mention those two because they are closest to her house and one of them is written up as a highly rated mountain bike trail.

EDITED: With a larger scale Google map, I can see that there is a Foose Creek powerline road that could possibly take a 4 wheel vehicle. It does not appear to be exactly the Foose Creek mountain bike Trail, but it parallels it for a while and as powerline trails are, would be fairly easily accessed from the walking / mountain bike trail.

So yes, it seems like a 4 wheel type vehicle could get very close to that trail.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  4. NoSI

NoSI Verified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/RXN

So so true...

5. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Jumping off your post-it's been said he was "out of town on business". Vague, but really none of our beeswax, LE knows the details. ;)

It appears he is operating his own business in Colorado, same as he did in Indiana. It could have been something related to that and not fire-fighting. I'm sure we will eventually hear those details at some point.

6. Hap

Hap Wisher & Dreamer

This is making me want to clean up my own social media... I'd hate to have anyone sleuthing me and see my search histories and things I follow!!!! Also, my husband would have a tough time describing what I was wearing, or what was missing.

He would, however, be screaming from the rooftops if I was missing. I don't want to point any fingers though... you just never know how someone will act, or what LE might be saying to the family in terms of making statements or appearing publicly.

Where are you, Suzanne? Hope this beautiful lady is found soon.

JEM1975, CalmSeas, mgeni and 24 others like this.
  7. djondjon

djondjon Active Member

Fireflize likes this.
  8. NoSI

NoSI Verified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/RXN

Sorry, @liveoak, I have to applaud you LOUDLY... That is incredible!

9. djondjon

djondjon Active Member

Fireflize likes this.
  10. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Same for me. My friend lives up-mountain from Colorado Springs (near KB's home town in fact), and I visit her often. We would drive all over the state to camp and hike. I've been on that exact road and area with her, through Monarch Pass on our way to Crested Butte. It's difficult to associate these beautiful places with missing and/or murdered women. Plus there are the hikers who have had threads here, from deer hunters gone missing to young men in RMNP.

Having been to a place does help put the geography of the locale in more accrue perspective, but it sure does add (or subtract from) the beauty of the place and the memories.

11. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Good point. I've been kind of assuming "out of town" implied an overnight trip, but it could've been a job site away from home during daytime hours if he was doing landscaping work.

Landscaping has been in MSM. Here'a link: Suzanne Morphew Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

jmo

12. tge17

tge17 Former Member

Deleted duplicate post

13. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Or the opposite.

No visible damage beyond a minor defect ... even bigger mystery.

14. djondjon

djondjon Active Member

I don't know about her life in CO, but I grew up with her siblings and growing up, I know the family attended church regularly.

15. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Exactly. And that’s why I always want to know who either spoke, video chatted, or physically saw any missing person last. We’ve seen plenty of cases where perps posted in SM as the victim, and/or texted people etc to cover up the fact that the real person was missing.

CalmSeas, Noharg, Nancy19XX and 11 others like this.
  16. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

If staged, a distraction from where the true crime occurred. Look at the Jennifer Dulos case where items were found in many places, including garbage cans.

17. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

This photo really clarify's for me that IF the neighbor knew that SM went for a bike ride it had to be because SM TOLD the neighbor she was going.
    I suppose the neighbor might have been driving up in a car and saw SM heading out on her ride, but I find it unlikely that the neighbor could see her leave unless the neighbor was near the road.
    Of course being in an area where one could be easily injured (rugged terrain, big cats etc) it may have been SM's & the neighbors practice to notify each other when they went "into the wild" alone. Honestly that would be a really smart thing to do.

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I had resigned myself to believe that the husband was waiting for his story to check out with investigators tasked with verifying his activity along with other individuals last in contact with SM before coming out to stand united with LE.

Needless to say, I was so disappointed when the husband was a no-show at the presser on Friday.

He's not named a POI so now my attention is directed at a possible domestic dispute that caused the husband to leave town and he's now overwhelmed with guilt over leaving SM home alone where she may have encountered somebody with evil intentions.

Hoping SM is reunited with her family today.

MOO

19. Wowno17

Wowno17 Well-Known Member

I agree.

I know they say you can't believe photos but to me they look like a beautiful, genuinely happy family.

I think he is probably devastated and I think the family have an idea on who has taken her (my opinion, a stalker type scenario) which is why they aren't appealing. I could be way off!

MOO

20. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Now I'm confused. We're allowed to sleuth the victim's address(es) on maps, and to go to her FB, but we can't use any other public information?

I thought we were allowed to gather information about victims. We are not limited to just MSM if we are allowed to talk about her FB - or am I getting this entirely wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.