Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk why I keep thinking BM isn’t responsible. Maybe it’s because my husband of 25 years comes off as gruff. You could go through my social media and private photos and probably not find him or a smile. But he does laugh, he does smile and he does tease.....he is just a retired Marine and “gruff”. He just really dislikes social media and pictures.
I think people are reading too much into the photo. There could be a million reasons for their expressions in the photo.

Maybe I have doubts because there have been random cases where a stranger is the perp.

Maybe I have a restlessness because the LE and family are being so quiet.

Maybe being a recent breast cancer survivor has helped me see different sides to family and relationship dynamics.

I cannot put my finger on it and tbh it’s driving me nuts.

I have a feeling it is a pile up of things and not only the photo itself. But i get where your coming from if it was the photo itself.

Idk why I keep thinking BM isn’t responsible. Maybe it’s because my husband of 25 years comes off as gruff. You could go through my social media and private photos and probably not find him or a smile. But he does laugh, he does smile and he does tease.....he is just a retired Marine and “gruff”. He just really dislikes social media and pictures.
I think people are reading too much into the photo. There could be a million reasons for their expressions in the photo.

Maybe I have doubts because there have been random cases where a stranger is the perp.

Maybe being a recent breast cancer survivor has helped me see different sides to family and relationship dynamics.

I doubt any of us are extrapolating BMs guilt from this photo. It's just a snippet of his bravado in my opinion.

Last edited:
If someone knew how to do dirt work, get utilities hooked up, including some of the pump work for well or installing a back-flow valve, they could turn this property around to someone looking to build a house on it for a nice profit.

I just zoomed a 1031 CLE last week. I do not do 1031 work and refer my ag clients who are looking to due large 1031's to an exchange company who have tax attorneys specializing in this stuff.

However, theoretically if a person changes their primary residence in say 2018 to a new primary residence in a different state, they may be able to structure the use of the previous PR(if they still own it) in such a way as to qualify for a 1031, say in 2020. For example, convert it to a rental property in 2018. Lease it for a year and then put it under contract for sale in 2019, to close in 2020. Then in 2020 you purchase a developmental property (not a second home or personal use property) within the time period required, which is 45 days to ID and 180 days to conclude the exchange. This would require serious legal and accounting consultation and is planned out ahead of time.

I am not saying this is what all these real estate transactions and permits are about in this case, but it could explain what is going on in the background..IMO
I mentioned the possibility of a 1031 going on with the post SM disappearance involving the IN sale and CO purchase. Admittedly I am decades out of date on the specifics and retired since 2003. But I learned of 1031 / "Starker" Exchanges working for a management consulting firm that had a core business of corporate timber and timberland transactions and actually had the Starker family for a client. Based on this knowledge and good CPA and legal advice did a pre-planned 1031 exchange as Executor within father's estate where an adjacent partially timbered parcel was acquired with 1031 and timber harvest occurred within the estate (had it all regards tax issues: 1031, inheritance taxes, depletion, income taxes, timber yield taxes). Later sold 5 residential houses that I had purchased and lived in and then turned into rentals and retained when moved. Used a 1031 when they were sold and bought 8 various undeveloped investment parcels (40 to 299 acres) plus 2 mortgages and the home where I live now with a now paid off mortgage but not involved in a 1031. Unwound it all over the years and sold the last parcel in 2017. These 1031s all occurred between 1986 and 2000. Most folks involved in various real estate investment and development are aware of 1031.

Here is wiki on 1031. Internal Revenue Code section 1031 - Wikipedia

Under Section 1031 of the United States Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. § 1031), a taxpayer may defer recognition of capital gains and related federal income tax liability on the exchange of certain types of property, a process known as a 1031 exchange. In 1979, this treatment was expanded by the courts to include non-simultaneous sale and purchase of real estate, a process sometimes called a Starker exchange.

Before 2018, a wide array of property was covered by the deferment provisions of Section 1031. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 repealed Section 1031 for all types of property except real property.[1]

Contents

Old cop...Guy. He's the original Kindergarten Cop because he was making arrest at 5. That's why he's so knowledgeable.

GK (remember the "G' is for Gal)
MassGuy, self explanatory.

I assume Old Cop is a he, just because of the way he styled it. A woman would be a Copper Goddess.

Gordian Knot ...remember the original story? only a woman could tie the know that NO ONE could untie. Neither a philosopher, nor a mathematician, nor a king.

MassGuy...from peace under liberty state, has the freedom to be whoever they want to be.

Last edited:
I do regularly check and edit my public FB photos. It’s a good idea.

Profile photos default to public, it’s smart to go back and change those settings as needed.

The photo of SM’s that we are discussing was a profile photo, which is interesting considering the mixed reactions people have to it.

MOO
I don’t have Facebook. I am happy with my decision.

Nothing about his pictures or job or image make me feel he’s responsible OR totally innocent. If I saw his pictures in absence of all that had happened since Mother’s Day, I’d think he’s a devoted husband and father.

It’s the actions he’s taken since SM disappeared, as well as the actions taken by LE, that make me worry that he’s responsible. His image is just that: image.

Hope SM is found and an arrest happens very soon!

MOO

I assume Old Cop is a he, just because of the way he styled it. A woman would be a Copper Goddess.

Gordian Knot ...remember the original story? only a woman could tie the know that NO ONE could untie. Neither a philosopher, nor a mathematician, nor a king.

MassGuy...from peace under liberty state, has the freedom to be whoever they want to be.
I wish I could think so creatively as this.

1031 Exchanges Revisited.
@Cassady post re 1031 possibility by the M's, leading to --->
.... Executor within father's estate where an adjacent partially timbered parcel was acquired with 1031 and timber harvest occurred within the estate (had it all regards tax issues: 1031, inheritance taxes, depletion, income taxes, timber yield taxes)....
bbm sbm @Cassady @BuySellTrade Thx for your posts. A pentafecta* of taxes issues!!! Some careful maneuvering, w an experienced tax caption at the helm. Glad it worked for you.

.................................................................................................
* I wondered if that was a word. Turns out it is used, in both horse racing & betting
https://extra.betamerica.com/racing/betting-info/horse-racing/super-5-pentafecta/
and robot-assisted surgery https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5161020/.

sbbm
I respectfully disagree. In an interview with reporter Lauren Scharf, Susan Medina (the CBI spokesperson) acknowledged that there was a sealed search warrant for the job site.

Lauren Scharf Question: When was the search warrant issued for the job site?
Susan Medina Answer: The search warrant is sealed.

at the 10:00 minute mark

Thank you. This appears to be LS indicating that CBI is confirming a sealed SW for a job site that the spouse of the missing person worked at.

(Post when I can,sorry to busy to keep up)

I'm sure by now LE knows the who, I really think they're working on why(especially if it's a no body case). I would say that the things I have read about SM is that, she's a Christian a loving mother and a cancer survivor.I really can't see SM as having an EMA unless it was an emotional one not a physical one. The picture I get from reading and watching the videos of BM is that he seems large and in charge and it's his way or no way, and don't see him as a real ladies man.I just don't think he was having an EMA but I could be wrong. So, this is where I'm stuck with the MO, as I think LE is too.

moo

Last edited:
Just FYI and not at all pertinent to this case :D
"af" is an acre-foot, an amount of water, not the well depth.
EDIT: And I just realized that it might not common knowledge what a well looks like - it's not a big gaping hole in the ground. They are about as narrow as a pipe. Not something you'd put something in. Lassie would never need to rescue someone from this well.

Getting your well and septic (if necessary) locations in and permitted/approved is wise to do before you fully design your house and foundation location because there are lots of setback rules - distance they have to be from each other, distance from neighbors' wells and septic, distance from house, and so on. I don't read anything nefarious into this, if you're gonna do it, ya gotta do it.

Acre-foot (af):
* 1 acre = 43,560 square feet.
* 1 acre-foot = 43,560 cubic feet.
* 1 acre-foot = 325,851 gallons of water = 1233 cubic meters of water.
* 1 acre-foot = 0.504 cfs/ day.

Water Measurement - Basic Units of Water | Colorado River District

I learn so many interesting facts here! Thank you for taking the time to write that all out, I know it is tedious and laborious but it’s also very much appreciated!

sbbm
I respectfully disagree. In an interview with reporter Lauren Scharf, Susan Medina (the CBI spokesperson) acknowledged that there was a sealed search warrant for the job site.

Lauren Scharf Question: When was the search warrant issued for the job site?
Susan Medina Answer: The search warrant is sealed.

at the 10:00 minute mark
Agreed !
What's of interest, imo, is what was in that warrant.

And it has to be valuable evidence for the prosecution , more than just, "We think the spouse is hinky".
MUCH more !

People have inadvertently recorded video or audio of themselves strangling, shooting, or drowning their victims.
Or threatening the victim, and saying what they're going to do to them-- if someone tries to leave !
Case in point---the latest Dateline episode, where they believe a man in fear of his life tried to get out of a marriage .

It's entirely possible LE have this.
But kudos to them for their restraint, and the continued search for Suzanne's possible remains !
LE may be looking for a very small piece of evidence like a tooth or a fingernail.
Imo.

I don’t think Tom Brady is as smart as Mass Guy. (sorry)
TB is smart enough to marry a supermodel who is much wealthier than himself.

It’s possible for a killer to be mild mannered and unassuming. It’s possible that a gruff man is not a killer. It’s possible that a gruff, controlling man is a killer; which I believe to be the case with Barry.

IMO

Updating the April 2017 SM fb photo published by MSM with link on June 2, 2020.

Couple appears to be standing in the doorway of a hotel room (from outside looking in). MOO

Suzanne-Morphew-Barry-Morphew-doorway.jpg

YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

ETA: I believe the April 2017 fb photo post was taken during a family vacation. Daughters are included in fb photo post on same date as published by MSM linked below.

NINTCHDBPICT000584022962.jpg

Missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew's family still holding out hope for her ‘safe return’ six weeks after she vanished
Yes. Looks like the same clothing!

I like your point of view. It took me some time to believe in my heart BM could have done anything to SM. I do believe it now.

There are still some WS members who question whether he is guilty at all and those who truly believe in his innocence. I like that. It gives us all perspective.

For those of you who are still on the fence, do you think it could be someone else who knows Suzanne? Someone who might have the same access to job sites? Are your theories more geared toward random abduction or murder, or did she know her assailant?

For those of you who are still on the fence, do you think it could be someone else who knows Suzanne? Someone who might have the same access to job sites? Are your theories more geared toward random abduction or murder, or did she know her assailant?
I've dealt with a fair number of contractors and some of them had some really sketchy employees. One of my favorite contractors also volunteered at a prison and I had to stop using him because I didn't want these guys knowing my house and family. I'm pretty sure a guy that owned a mowing company and his wife were killed by an employee they had to fire like 6 months to 1 year ago. There are troubling gaps in the story but you never know. I don't understand the people that make assertions that may prove to be false. Same thing happened in the Heidi Brussard case. What pleasure did the posters get out of accusing her husband? Ego? Lonely?

I don’t post much on this site but I have been following this case since day one. I also belong to a bunch of Facebook groups and reddit. I remain on the fence mostly because of the lack of facts in this case. I just don’t know enough to say he’s guilty. Some say he’s innocent because we can’t prove he did it but I can’t say he’s innocent either. I haven’t seen enough to say that for sure either. If I had to guess based on rumors and appearances and the few times I’ve heard him speak then I’m definitely leaning toward him being guilty of something but I just can’t go there completely and confidently. That’s just me.

I've dealt with a fair number of contractors and some of them had some really sketchy employees. One of my favorite contractors also volunteered at a prison and I had to stop using him because I didn't want these guys knowing my house and family. I'm pretty sure a guy that owned a mowing company and his wife were killed by an employee they had to fire like 6 months to 1 year ago. There are troubling gaps in the story but you never know. I don't understand the people that make assertions that may prove to be false. Same thing happened in the Heidi Brussard case. What pleasure did the posters get out of accusing her husband? Ego? Lonely?
Exactly. That’s why I stay on the fence with this one. Based on other cases and my own common sense and what I’ve seen, I’ve felt a bunch of times that he’s involved somehow but I can’t bring myself to say for sure because I could very well be wrong. Which is why I never understand the people who say “he did it” “he’s guilty” with such certainty when they truly don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard