Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Significance of Closing IN. Property Sale? Buyers' POV.
@lamlawindy Yes, agreeing on both above points.
1. W. a delay in closing, buyers' financing might have fallen thru. Current mortgage int. rates are crazzzzy low. A delay could end up being 3 mo, 6 mo, a year, when int rate could be considerably higher, perhaps putting buyers' monthly obligation beyond their ability to pay.
2. If, as @lamlawindy says, any legal problems developed w BM, could be waaaay longer until closing. And in the meantime, if buyers had been planning to make improvements soon after closing--- kitchen, bath reno's, new roof, update HVAC? Adding a guesthouse, a work/artist studio, stables for horses, whatever? Risky for buyers to spend (or borrow more) $$$$$$ to improve before they actually have title.
Ppl can say buyers insisting on closing are mean or selfish. But maybe petitioning for gdnship was just as much for BM's benefit as the buyers. BM may have had liquid assets on hand to pay for the subdivision tract. Or not, IDK. Just thinking aloud. my2cts

Financing falling through is not limited to the subject of interest rates. It could mean the offer of credit is set to expire and the borrower will need to requalify again -- perhaps even a new lender.

Since the pandemic, it's not so easy -- suddenly your employer and/or your employment is seen as iffy.

I think we can speculate about the scope of BM's business in CO.

I don't see how someone who lives in a town with about 5000 people and very little industrial development could get huge jobs either landscaping or hardscaping. We have heard he went to the gym frequently. CoVid had to have put a dent in any ongoing landscaping income.

I personally doubt that he was incorporated in CO, or that he had regular employees. I think he ran the kind of business where he stumped for smallish jobs (like the one we know about) and had contacts with other men seeking similar work, when he couldn't do a whole job by himself. I'm guessing he rented his equipment.

And I don't think he bought the new lot in order to flip it. I think he wants his mom to live there.

All of this leaves me stumped as to where the ongoing cash flow is based. Same old questions. Even if all of Salida is behind this man and would hire him to work on their property, how much work could that possibly be? In a town where everyone is struggling for income, due to CoVid and crash in tourism?

He'd have to compete with existing, known landscapers (who aren't under legal suspicion) in Colorado Springs or Denver, IMO. All speculation of course.

I think we can speculate about the scope of BM's business in CO.

I don't see how someone who lives in a town with about 5000 people and very little industrial development could get huge jobs either landscaping or hardscaping. We have heard he went to the gym frequently. CoVid had to have put a dent in any ongoing landscaping income.

I personally doubt that he was incorporated in CO, or that he had regular employees. I think he ran the kind of business where he stumped for smallish jobs (like the one we know about) and had contacts with other men seeking similar work, when he couldn't do a whole job by himself. I'm guessing he rented his equipment.

And I don't think he bought the new lot in order to flip it. I think he wants his mom to live there.

All of this leaves me stumped as to where the ongoing cash flow is based. Same old questions. Even if all of Salida is behind this man and would hire him to work on their property, how much work could that possibly be? In a town where everyone is struggling for income, due to CoVid and crash in tourism?

He'd have to compete with existing, known landscapers (who aren't under legal suspicion) in Colorado Springs or Denver, IMO. All speculation of course.

Indeed and that leads me to a couple of questions. All speculation.

Why did they move to Colorado if it was not for the job? Because Suzanne certainly did not push it, she felt isolated.
Did Covid put a strain on their marriage?
Was he irritated by the stay at home order because he could not see his affair anymore?

Jmo

Why did they move to Colorado if it was not for the job? Because Suzanne certainly did not push it, she felt isolated.
Was he irritated by the stay at home order because he could not see his affair anymore?

Jmo
bbm
Red bolded : Good question ! What drove BM to take his family so far away ?
This is a question that may point to motive.
Imo.

Lavender bolded : No, she seemed to be hesitant about the move, according to her relatives.
Sad to force a person away from all they knew and loved. :(
MOO

Green bolded : We also have to consider that 'roid rage may have been a factor !
Imo.

As her daughter or close friend, I would be interested to know
what jewelry & clothes ( esp biking clothes)were left behind.
Were all her shoes accounted for? She wouldn’t leave without shoes.
I take my jewelry off at bedtime. Is her everyday jewelry missing?
It may reveal a true window of her exact MIA timeline - what is, and is not there.
Something a perp may not think about but a person who knows her modus operandi wound know.

MOO
I think of Laci’s purse hanging on that hook in her closet.
Always struck me as something Scott staged.

And the flip side of the coin is that the Ramseys took a polygraph test, passed, and if I remember right, that didn't work out too well for them either.
The accuracy rate of a voice stress test is only 50%. What if it shows you are lying but you are not?

What do you mean? Neither of them suffered any legal consequences in the death of JonBenet. I'd say that's a good outcome for them.

The fact that people remain suspicious of others close to a victim is not something that's going to go away, polygraph or not.

bbm
Red bolded : Good question ! What drove BM to take his family so far away ?
This is a question that may point to motive.
Imo.

Lavender bolded : No, she seemed to be hesitant about the move, according to her relatives.
Sad to force a person away from all they knew and loved. :(
MOO

Green bolded : We also have to consider that 'roid rage may have been a factor !
Imo.

True but why. What happened that made him so angry that he killed her.
I really hope she confided in some good friends who could have tell LE what was going on in her and BM lifes. Jmo

Jmo

Good questions. The PE guys, I believe, said it was due to BM's "job stresses" (I hear "He kept punching people at work." Personally, while we only know of 1 person punched by BM and 1 person who had mulch dumped on him, those two incidents predict more shenanigans and certainly, a poor reputation would follow BM around Indiana.

I do not believe BM had any kind of job in CO, and I am still puzzled by the move. Older daughter enrolled in a community college 1 hour away (it's in a lovely mountain area) and they certainly got a change of pace. Many people love CO as a retirement/semi-retirement place.

Cancer put a strain on their marriage, and then there was CoVid.

Whether or not BM had an affair partner, I see him as the type whose very existence and way of making a living depends on a fairly high degree of sociality. He needs to meet people, make them laugh, impress them with his stories of success, and get a landscaping job. In Salida or nearby.

If he had contacts in Denver, I'd think LE has gone and spoken to them (but I don't think they exist - this entire investigation seems centered on Salida with field trips to Indiana).

I think their finances were a shell game, and that alone could be the motive for Suzanne's disappearance. Perhaps BM plans to build a cheaper house for him and his mom, and then sell the big expensive house, which would set him up for a nice lifestyle (if he's not in jail).

Thanks for the link. I find it interesting the two photos CCSO included with their post. One appears to be a Loaf ‘N Jug which I looked up and it’s a chain of gas station/convenience stores in Colorado, Wyoming and a Montana. There is one located at 448 E Hwy 50 Salida. The other photo shows a sign for takeout orders including beer & alcohol to go. Hmmm...not sure if that place is right by Loaf ‘N Jug or located at a different location. I can’t see the name of this business when I enlarged it but maybe someone with more talent in that area can take a look. Do you think these places would mean something to the perpetrator? Maybe a vehicle was tracked to this location or a phone ping. I would think at least the Loaf ‘N Jug has cameras and maybe both. I read the comments too. So many people telling LE how to do their job! It’s so funny. There were a few interesting comments though re other theories. The comment I liked the most said “Is this a subliminal message...?” Me thinks it is! :rolleyes:

The other photo looks like Wallbangers Sports Bar and Grill at 720 East Highway 50. IMO

Knowing he refused, how does he face his daughters every morning?

I hope his children see right through this 'I'm smarter than LE bull crock....'

And now everybody in Colorado, Indiana, Brazil, and beyond know!!! :cool:

I can just imagine the nonsense that comes out of his mouth. We have free flowing examples from the TD video (paraphrasing)-
  • We searched a 200 mile radios, all the mountains.
  • I've got private people working for me.
  • My Army Ranger buddy has done 400 tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
  • The Sheriff's Department, they screwed everything up, they shouldn't have touched.
  • They let all the cars drive through this area and messed up all the evidence.
  • They were walking all over this area, which if someone abducted her there would have been foot tracks.
  • They let ten other people touch the bike.
I wonder how uncomfortable BM was when TD mentioned Patrick Frazee & Chris Watts (at 4:40 in video)? He changed the subject pretty quickly-

Last edited:
Weird -- all the DM links to SM (including outside of WS) are going to the "Lake Como with the Clooney's" story....:eek:

First time in history I've seen DM pull a story.
and I didn't put it in her media thread because it was just a rehash of Fox and other stories - so I wonder what it was ? I got about half way through it. hmmm

This info, which is really two sets of new yet different info, coming out within days of each other makes me think this is a LE strategy.

LE hasn’t told BM this info but wants it to get out to give him the ‘tip of the iceberg’ of what they know.

The two scenarios for my speculation are:

-LE can leverage a lesser sentence to BM if he confesses
-LE knows a third party was involved. They are strategically releasing info to make this third party realize that they are about to be caught and will leverage that into a confession that implicates BM. I think this is also why they would be canvassing. Perhaps stopping by places that this third party is known to go to as a way to send a very, very clear message.

Either way, this week has been very encouraging that justice will be served. I can’t imagine the level of evil that someone must have to murder a woman like Susan and use their own daughters as pawns in the scheme. Just pure, awful evil.
Can you elaborate more on why you think LE knows a third party was involved? I’m not connecting those dots, but I am newer to all this. I really appreciated your thoughtful post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998