CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

I started following this thread as my wife trains for Ironman Triathlons and takes long bike rides alone. At first I was agnostic on if it was BM. A lot of things people hit on, I don’t find pointing a finger at BM. But when taken in total, I’ve reached the point where the way he acts has made me pretty sure he did it.

Mostly it’s BM just isn’t making an effort to keep things in the public eye. If someone I loved went missing I’d do everything to keep her name and picture in the news and I can't think of any reason I wouldn’t.

Chocoholic, MerBeach, Rolo and 35 others like this.

2. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

Moo. I have to confess, I have not watched the interview with Suzanne's father and brother. I just can't right now. Caring for my own mental health. But poster comments paint a pretty good picture, thanks to all of you.

I get a sense that her family are decent people. Not the type to attack people for the sport of it. I think they must have had suspicions from the beginning, but had no proof to back them up. I think that LE has shared enough of what they have discovered with them, that all doubt is gone. They are now sure who is responsible.

This is encouraging. I don't think LE would have done that if they weren't sure that they have the proof that they need for an arrest. I think they are still hoping to find Suzanne for the slam dunk. Moo

Chocoholic, Itsapuzzle, Rolo and 26 others like this.
  3. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Exactly! BBM Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the nephew start distancing himself around the time BM’s story changed? MOO

nyvictoria, Chocoholic, Rolo and 19 others like this.
  4. ivegotthemic

ivegotthemic Well-Known Member

Im glad theres someone so experiences in LE and familiar with the area in charge of the case. Hopefully, hes got a Sheriff Judd type demeanor, or maybe he can just send sheriff Judd to help out... I may have a slight Criminal Justice crush on Sheriff Judd :)

5. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Amen!!!!

6. Hoosierfan72

Hoosierfan72 Well-Known Member

This is so sad. So many victims in this..... you can certainly feel the pain of SMs dad and brother as they spoke, and it's not hard to imagine how terribly caught in the middle the daughters must feel.

7. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I just watched it again this morning, and he does imply that they had this conversation ON Mother's Day. Starts right around the 6 minute mark.

ETA: if you watch with the transcript on, you'll notice there are some errors. The transcript says "rookies" but he actually says "workers". In any case, he implies, but does not say outright that the conversation itself was on Sunday, but then he does go on to say "I told my wife, listen, it's Mother's Day, the girls are coming back from a trip...".

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  8. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this @OldCop. Looks like Barry was on the 7 year plan in college. Maybe there was a break for a baseball career that delayed graduation? JMO

9. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Yes Fireflize, her family is a real class-act. Despite the sadness and anger they must feel, they said nothing negative and never even mentioned BM in the interview. MOO

nyvictoria, Chocoholic, Rolo and 16 others like this.
  10. skyvoyager

skyvoyager Former Member

Even though he rambles with run-on sentences and mumbles... He does start the ramblings with 'it was mother's day' so I tend to agree with you, he does imply the conversation was on MD.... from the transcript.....

It was Mother's Day so...um...we uh...had two daughters that were coming
    home from the trip and I had that job in Denver that I wanted to get started on on Sunday set it up for my workers, my workers were coming in Sunday night. Normally I don't work Sunday night, I work Monday, but I being the owner I wanted to get everything lined up so that I didn't have to worry about Monday morning, just get busy working. So I told my wife, I said, "Listen, the girls are gonna be home; they want to spend Mother'sDay with you. Mind if I go get started with this?" She said, "That's fine...."

11. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

And if he did happen to leave a card or a note, had it been opened and were there any fingerprints on the envelope or card?

Chocoholic, Rolo, fcavanaugh and 11 others like this.
  12. Ontario Mom

Exactly. So, we know that either the 5am departure without waking her up, was a lie, or the story he told TD was a lie. Frankly, I think they were both lies.

I think the last time he spoke to her was Saturday night, right after whatever happened to abruptly end her convo with her friend. And I don't think that convo had anything to do with a job in Denver the next day.

jmo

Chocoholic, Rolo, TRB and 17 others like this.
  13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

He seems to be having a bit of a hard time keeping things straight - wonder if he has a timeline written down like Fotis did?
    JMO

14. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    "It's" meaning it is

15. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

What I hear is vagueness. “I talked to my wife......”, the rest is muffled and not easily understood, IMO. Subconsciously, he could not bring himself to say, “I talked to my wife MD’s morning,” about the job in Denver, because he didn’t. She was dead already. However, then he is quoted elsewhere saying she was asleep on Mother’s Day at 5 am when he left so surely he did not have this discussion with a sound asleep SM.

We have no idea when he left for Denver or if he ever made it to Denver at all. What we do know is that he was “on the move” Saturday night, likely at the Salida building site. What if he had dropped SM’s body off in an inconspicuous hiding spot (he likely knows many being a hunter) until he had his equipment and dirt from Salida, came back and got her and off he goes to disappear her for good under the cover of darkness in the wee hours of the night, heads home, turns his phone back on at 5 a.m. and heads off to Denver. All JMHO.

16. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Good one-either way, it’s a problem. If he didn’t leave a card or note, I assume LE is curious as to why. I don’t care if most people think “it’s a Hallmark holiday”. This is a woman who had two miracle babies, and was very thankful for that. There are photos of past Mother’s Days, so it was celebrated. He asked Suzanne if it was okay to be away. Even if he didn’t buy a card (a pain during Covid), wouldn’t he just leave a little note? If not, really? Why?
    And if you did, was it opened? Why not?

17. Ontario Mom

I wondered that too - even though I didn't follow that case.
    I don't think he does though, since the firefighter training in Denver story changed pretty quick.
    I do wonder if he made any effort to call or text her to say happy Mother's Day, to at least make it appear as though he tried. That would be interesting to learn, especially since you'd think he might have mentioned that to the girls that he hadn't heard back from her that day either, when they raised the initial concern.

jmo

18. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Changing his story in the first place was not smart (allowing his nephew to go public with the "training story" which led to a MSM reporter asking a direct question of the actual Fire Chief within about a week to 10 days of Suzanne's disappearance).

That tells me that he was likely in full on panic mode at the time.
    If he left at 5 am, he would have gotten there around 7:30. Unless he stopped for coffee or gas, in which case later.

Of course, I don't think he ever went there.

19. Fireflize

I like this SusieQ. I couldn't wrap my mind around him bringing her to that work site, too risky, he'd be sooo paranoid by then. But I could see him hiding her somewhere away in the darkness, no one for miles. Then picking up a load of dirt to cover her up. Moo

Chocoholic, Rolo, PaulaDC and 15 others like this.
  20. Fireflize

Dbm

fcavanaugh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.