Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne's brother Andy, beginning at 7:09

- I believe in the CBI, I believe in the FBI and I believe in Salida's police department. They are good people, not perfect but none of us are.
- I tell you what, we are not going to quit looking until we find my little sister. If I have to put on the largest manhunt known to man, I'll do it, under the authorities.
- Organized and well, it may come to that soon, I don't know. I so appreciate you guys (PE) looking into this.
- I want the public to know my Dad's 87, he fragile. I've had to tell him things I've never wanted to tell my Father. This has been a rough damn time.
- Yes, we've been quiet. We did not want to fudge up the investigation. But now, we won't stop at nothing to find my little sister, ever.
- This family is a good family, we're solid, there's nothing goofy about us, we're transparent and happy to be so and I can assure you we will not quit until Suzanne is found.
- I want that done before my Father leaves this earth. I want him to have answers, I want her to have a proper burial or a homecoming whichever it will be.
- I mean that from my heart. I want the answers, I may not want to hear them when I find out, but I want the answers regardless.
- I need to bring Suzanne home, I need to properly bury her, where she is properly buried next to my Mother in the Alexandria cemetery, in the place she grew up.
- If that's what has to happen. I'm going to stop at nothing to get it done, nothing. I mean that from my heart.
- You guys are so instrumental in what's going on, please keep this alive. Please ask people to call the FBI, the CBI with any tidbit, I don't care what it is.
- Any tidbit is better than none, pieces will come together, we'll figure it out. They are already starting too and this helps.
A heartbreaking demonstration of innocent people’s behavior during a tragic and traumatic time.
IMO

I think he was alluding to her having an affair also. But in a vague way b/c it’s not true & he’s just throwing spaghetti at the wall.

When I dissect what we heard from BM, and what Andy, Suzanne's brother said in his PE interview.

In the future, I agree BM may come out with some story of Suzanne and an unknown man. His evolving theory may morf into- she left with someone and will never be found. She told him about the other man before he left for Denver. Whatever it may be, it will go against the grain of who and what Suzanne is known to be. He will blame her for the predicament he is in today. Poor BM, Suzanne ................. and now LE is blaming him for her actions. MOO.

I see the Moorman family becoming vocal about what they suspect happened to Suzanne and who is responsible. I sense there was/is a fracture in the family relationship, not of Suzanne's doing. It's easy to imagine what BM has done over the years to cause friction. JMO

Last edited:

- I believe in the CBI, I believe in the FBI and I believe in Salida's police department. They are good people, not perfect but none of us are.
- I tell you what, we are not going to quit looking until we find my little sister. If I have to put on the largest manhunt known to man, I'll do it, under the authorities.
- Organized and well, it may come to that soon, I don't know. I so appreciate you guys (PE) looking into this.
- I want the public to know my Dad's 87, he fragile. I've had to tell him things I've never wanted to tell my Father. This has been a rough damn time.
- Yes, we've been quiet. We did not want to fudge up the investigation. But now, we won't stop at nothing to find my little sister, ever.
- This family is a good family, we're solid, there's nothing goofy about us, we're transparent and happy to be so and I can assure you we will not quit until Suzanne is found.
- I want that done before my Father leaves this earth. I want him to have answers, I want her to have a proper burial or a homecoming whichever it will be.
- I mean that from my heart. I want the answers, I may not want to hear them when I find out, but I want the answers regardless.
- I need to bring Suzanne home, I need to properly bury her, where she is properly buried next to my Mother in the Alexandria cemetery, in the place she grew up.
- If that's what has to happen. I'm going to stop at nothing to get it done, nothing. I mean that from my heart.
- You guys are so instrumental in what's going on, please keep this alive. Please ask people to call the FBI, the CBI with any tidbit, I don't care what it is.
- Any tidbit is better than none, pieces will come together, we'll figure it out. They are already starting too and this helps.

If this doesn’t hit you... I hope someone has a conscience.

In Christian circles when someone says something like that, what they mean is, if God can use something awful to bring others to the faith, then at least there's a silver lining in the heartbreaking situation. Some tiny sliver of hope to hang onto.

What makes it particularly disgusting for me is, a.) I believe she is deceased, b.) I (99.99%) believe BM is responsible and c.) he actually stated that SM would be okay with being murdered/disappeared/whatever, as long as someone else came to the faith as a result.

I believe he's trying to convince himself that someone might get saved as a result of this (although why he says that is mind boggling since there's nothing redeemable about how she went missing), and make himself feel better about what he's done.

Just the fact that he said this at all, tells me all I need to know about his own version of Christianity.

jmo
Very well said, Ontario Mom. I grew up in an evangelical Christian household and think you nailed this. It seems clear that SMs faith was extremely important to her - which makes his attempted bastardization of it all the more gross. JMO.

Moo. It is interesting that the email was sent to the former Indiana church soon after Suzanne went missing. And now we hear his disgusting nonsense about how pleased Suzanne is to be murdered if it saves one person. He doesn't understand how that sounds. He just doesn't get it.

I'm calling BS on BM. I feel that he is trying to hide under some kind of spiritual persona, hoping that the church members will come to his aid, insisting that he is innocent. What he doesn't understand is that truly spiritual people can see him for what he is, a con. But I bet that they loved Suzanne.

Same for his group of buddies in Salida. I'm thinking that he had great fun when he moved to Salida and could sell his puffed up image to a fresh audience. He's trying to rally support. Strength in numbers. He so needs someone to take his side. I'm not aware that anyone has done that.
In truth, he is a shell of a man. Immature, fake. I think he has a life long pattern of seeing others as objects to be used for his gain. It's catching up with him.
Moo
I'll add- Lauren Sharf did go to the Church in Salida which the Morphews attended. The Church did not wish to comment. While I understand why they wouldn't say anything specific as to Suzanne's disappearance and the investigation, they also didn't say - we are praying for BM during this difficult time. It would have been simple to say and safely generic. I just feel that in particular was odd, JMO.

One of the things he mentioned that does not make sense is he told Lauren that the reason he has stayed quiet is because of finger pointing.

That does not hold water because on Day 1 nobody even knew about this case until we started to learn about Suzanne being missing.
And BM was silent from Day 1.

There was no finger pointing on Day1 because nobody even knew about the case hardly. So that excuse does not fly with me.

From that very first day he was silent and put out a reward by having someone else communicate to a news site about it. He did not even want to talk to media to communicate the reward.

Then he started to recruit others to coordinate a Giveme fund and so he was silent there too.

And when pressed for a statement , all we got is "its too soon".

Then he finally puts out a one-way video statement and that has been it for the most part.

And more recruiting of others later for other media statements.

So I dont buy the excuse about being silent because he has been silent from Day 1 when there was nobody that hardly knew about the case to be able to blame anyone.

His excuse only makes sense now because of his suspicious non-appearance, and other things but it surely is not a valid excuse in those early days of him being silent when nobody hardly knew of the case and we just started to learn about SM being missing.
All JMO

Thanks for posting his 'note'.
Well of course BM didn't explain her appearance.
Speculation :
That's because he knows it's useless as she may not even be in one complete piece.
He knows that LE are not looking for an alive person.
Hence the focus on the items.

Want to bet that these are the personal item(s) found ?
Wonder if LE missed anything ?
Maybe BM could help LE and point them out ?
Why not, BM ?
Imo.

bbm
Ita.

Re. the lavender bolded :
More B.S.
(Barry-'Splaining . Or insert your own interpretation. ;) )

Re. the pink bolded :
I don't believe this at all, that's my opinion.
It's entirely possible LE asked for BM to hold a presser with them to get the word out about finding Suzanne, and it's also possible reporters asked for an interview.
But all we received was a 'chance encounter' where BM controlled the narrative.

So, if BM doesn't know what happened...what exactly is it, that LE, CBI, and the FBI are blaming on BM ?
For all he knows, a mountain lion attacked her, she veered off the road on her bike & fell into the creek, or she left with someone else -- of her own volition.
In which case there was no crime.

I can't believe he's still pushing the abduction theory, the mountain lion attack, the fell into the creek theory, the 'met someone she knew' (who then harmed her ?) theory.
Can't he just pick one story and stick with it ?

Speculation :
The most plausible lie he could have come up with would be that she left her life behind, and does not want to be contacted.
The problem he might have foreseen with that 'explanation' is that her daughters and the Moorman family wouldn't have fallen for such a falsehood.
I have every reason to believe Suzanne was dearly loved by her daughters and the Moorman family !

If Suzanne left on her own, there'd be no crime scene to investigate, and now recently-- no worries about the "mechanical thing" (agreed with others, what the heck does that even mean ?) he did to his bobcat.
My guess is that he had to switch out the front end loader portion, or -- that it was exceptionally clean as in strangely pristine, compared to the other parts of the b.c.?
Like L. Stauch "explaining" about why the investigators would find Gannon's blood on Albert's woodworking tools , and Gannon's dna/blood in various parts of the house including the electrical socket in his bedroom. :(

Keep talking, BM. :mad:

Imo.

Great Post! Always look forward to your point if view with a smidge of humor and sarcasm thrown in!

I watched that this morning, and her brother made me cry.
He was clearly holding back a brokenness, as his own voiced cracked a few times.
:(
And, may I add, he was 1,000 times more believable than SM's own husband.

^^^^ Yes there probably was finger pointing
right away because Mr. Brainiac's answers
and alibi's didn't add up.
LE was, no doubt, questioning him very thoroughly and he took it as "finger pointing".

Good point that maybe LE was the only one pointing fingers in those early days.
But that would be even more reason an innocent person would want to go public in those early days if they felt they were being railroaded by LE. The silence in those early days was very LOUD and noticeable and unusual.
JMO

He was clearly holding back a brokenness, as his own voiced cracked a few times.
Was it the same brother who said "this isn't going to end well" in the very beginning? Really makes me think there was something under the layers of social media smiles....poor SM. and the girls. and her family.
JMO

I cried too. That is what loss, grief and heartbreak looks like...it was raw and real.

I'm calling BS on BM. I feel that he is trying to hide under some kind of spiritual persona, hoping that the church members will come to his aid, insisting that he is innocent. What he doesn't understand is that truly spiritual people can see him for what he is, a con. But I bet that they loved Suzanne.

My husband and I are both Christians.
If I came up missing, and he said what BM said, literally everyone that knows us, including all the kids and everyone at church, would be convinced he'd lost his flipping mind.
This is 100% definitely not something a Christian husband would say about his missing wife.
That interview did him ZERO favors in the credibility department, that's for darn sure.

jmo

he never sounds worried for her, about her or tormented about what fate or pain she may have suffered much less the idea that she may be alive, being held captive: it's like BM is over it already & wishes other's were too.......
JMO

RBBM
This made me think of that reward money..."For SM safe return. No questions asked" Seems he would definitely still be throwing this out there for the public to hear and know about! I know he didn't "pledge" the whole amount, but if you put up a reward, normally, you'd be hoping that would get a "perp" moving and bringing an abducted person back!

ETA::: sorry, MOO

Powerful when listened to, 10 times more powerful reading his words. Suzanne does have a voice finally speaking out. Their hesitation in the beginning I’m sure was one of partial disbelief BM would harm SM, fear of hurting the investigation, praying it wasn’t true and trying to be protective of their relationship with SM’s daughters!

The very fact the Moorman’s chose PE venue to become vocal says a ton. They have been pointing out “red flags” of this case since day one. And the red flags point to BM. I don’t think his is the last we will hear from the Moorman’s. Keep them in your thoughts, prayers or good vibes...whatever suits your fancy. MOO

ETA for clarification

Last edited:
Good point that maybe LE was the only one pointing fingers in those early days.
But that would be even more reason an innocent person would want to go public in those early days if they felt they were being railroaded by LE. The silence in those early days was very LOUD and noticeable and unusual.
JMO
disclaimer: I watch too many real crime TV shows-
LE almost always starts their investigation on
the closest person(s) in the victim's circle.
So the circle for SM would have BM right in the middle. LE focuses on this person first before they move out and find others who fit into that circle that should be looked at.
So, based on LE's actions, they never moved any farther out of that circle past BM.
Remember, follow the evidence. Don't move on to bears, cougars, abductions, boyfriends
UNTIL you have cleared the husband.
Nothing was jumping out at LE about the other
scenario's but some inconsistencies DID appear early on about the husband. Again, LE
never moved on in that circle because they could NOT clear BM. ie finger pointing.

Speculation :
Let's just say I was about to get a divorce and couldn't stand my DH (not true at all, just saying.); and suddenly he goes missing.
I would do everything to clear my name including a press conference with LE ; answering questions from LE and allowing them to search wherever needed.
Clear me and let's find out what happened.
Because I'd be innocent and would have nothing to hide.

Nothing -- including impending divorce or financial ruin, justifies murder.
Suzanne by all accounts was a lovely and kind person.
She did nothing wrong.
I wish I could say she might still be with us but my hope is fading with every action and non action by LE.
Imo.

RBM
This made me think of that reward money..."For SM safe return. No questions asked" Seems he would definitely still be throwing this out there for the public to hear and know about! I know he didn't "pledge" the whole amount, but if you put up a reward, normally, you'd be hoping that would get a "perp" moving and bringing an abducted person back!

Thats the thing with him finally communicating to media after all this time.

Here is a good chance to get a direct plea out to the public for any help from anyone that could help find Suzanne or solve this case. And yet there was nothing hardly like that in his statements to Lauren. There was no main focus on Suzanne being missing or trying to get help to find her and solve the case. Most of the interview statements were not focused where they needed to be. Getting help to find Suzanne.

So we ask
Why is that? No need to answer as I think we know the answer. JMO

MOO. I keep thinking that in their marriage that everything that went wrong was blamed on Suzanne. Nothing was ever his fault.

She even moved away from her elderly parents when she probably didn’t want to go. She did it for him.

If he is guilty and for some reason he felt like he had to kill her, then that is her fault too because she made him do it. Why would he even think that?

But she has forgiven him is the way I read it.... because that is what she did. He doesn’t know or love her at all...he just used her. One day the LE will catch up to him.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, BM always distances himself by referring to “they”. I think “someone who knew her well” was BM, himself.
While he doesn’t really talk about himself in the third person he sorta does in the fourth or fifth person, (they, somebody).
This was taken from an article about talking in the third person and was discussing LeBron James:
speaks in the third person, a tendency that has contributed to his being characterized as narcissistic, self-obsessed and detached from reality.
Kinda sounds like someone we know, doesn’t it?
MOO
The Psychological Case for Talking in the Third Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members